PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic Rods and War Weaver

SangoProduction
2015-08-04, 01:41 PM
War Weaver: http://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/general/warweaver.shtml

As far as I can tell, there is no restriction as to what you can do with the spell before putting it in to the weave, so long as it still meets the requirements. So, Metamagic rods don't increase your spell level, but still apply the metamagic effect. Can you use them on spells you put into the weave?

(Basically, getting to store unused charges of the metamgic rods.)

Andezzar
2015-08-04, 04:01 PM
Caster level is irrelevant to metamagic or the tapestry. The relevant property is spell level. Very few metamagic feats increase the spell level, even though most of them increase the spell slot required to prepare and/or cast it. So whether you use rods or feats, you can stack as many metamagic effects on them as you like (unless it is one of the few that actually increases the spell level like Heighten Spell)

SangoProduction
2015-08-04, 10:20 PM
Caster level is irrelevant to metamagic or the tapestry. The relevant property is spell level. Very few metamagic feats increase the spell level, even though most of them increase the spell slot required to prepare and/or cast it. So whether you use rods or feats, you can stack as many metamagic effects on them as you like (unless it is one of the few that actually increases the spell level like Heighten Spell)

I meant spell level.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-08-04, 11:57 PM
I meant spell level.

It doesn't matter what level spell slot you cast a spell from, the spell's level is what's printed for the spell unless you use Heighten Spell or a select few very obscure metamagic feats with it.

Magic Missile is a 1st level spell, Maximized Twinned Magic Missile takes an 8th level spell slot to cast, but it still counts as a 1st level spell, it cannot bypass a Globe of Invulnerability for example.

Vampiric Touch is a 3rd level spell, Maximized Vampiric Touch takes a 6th level spell slot to cast but it can still be put into a Spell Storing weapon because it still counts as a 3rd level spell.

If you're not using Heighten Spell, then the spell's level is unmodified, regardless of what level spell slot you need to use to cast it.

SangoProduction
2015-08-05, 12:29 AM
It doesn't matter what level spell slot you cast a spell from, the spell's level is what's printed for the spell unless you use Heighten Spell or a select few very obscure metamagic feats with it.

Magic Missile is a 1st level spell, Maximized Twinned Magic Missile takes an 8th level spell slot to cast, but it still counts as a 1st level spell, it cannot bypass a Globe of Invulnerability for example.

Vampiric Touch is a 3rd level spell, Maximized Vampiric Touch takes a 6th level spell slot to cast but it can still be put into a Spell Storing weapon because it still counts as a 3rd level spell.

If you're not using Heighten Spell, then the spell's level is unmodified, regardless of what level spell slot you need to use to cast it.

ah ok thanks

Andezzar
2015-08-05, 12:31 AM
It's good that Biffoniacus_Furiou could clear this up, but he said the same thing as I did in a more elaborate way.

SangoProduction
2015-08-05, 12:39 AM
It's good that Biffoniacus_Furiou could clear this up, but he said the same thing as I did in a more elaborate way.

Seemed more like you were nit picking a typo, but sure.