PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Temple Raider - Rogue Archetype (PEACH)

Theodoxus
2015-08-04, 11:36 PM
I've been playing a Rogue 3/Cleric 4 character for a while now, but it's not quite what I wanted. So I thought I'd write up a new archetype that handles more what I was looking for (less spellcasting, more sneak) ;)

Anyway, here's what I came up with...

Temple Raider
An elite cadre of rogues, dedicated to their trickster gods, they learn spells of divination and enchantment to help them break and enter rival temples to garner secret lore and holy relics. Never ones to be underestimated, Temple Raiders make excellent traveling companions, adding their magical prowess to formidable rogue skills.

Spellcasting
When you reach 3rd level, you gain the ability to cast spells. See chapter 10 for the general rules of spellcasting and chapter 11 for the cleric spell list.
Cantrips. You learn three cantrips: Guidance and two other cantrips of your choice from the cleric spell list. You learn another cleric cantrip of your choice at 10th level.
Spell Slots. The Temple Raider Spellcasting table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.
For example, if you know the 1st-level spell charm person and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast charm person using either slot.
Spells Known of 1st-Level and Higher. You know three 1st-level cleric spells of your choice, two of which you must choose from the divination or enchantment spells on the cleric spell list (including the domain spells from Knowledge and Trickery). The Spells Known column of the Temple Raider Spellcasting table shows when you learn more cleric spells of 1st level or higher. Each of these spells must be a divination or enchantment spell of your choice, and must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 7th level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level.
The spells you learn at 8th, 14th, and 20th level can come from any school of magic.
Whenever you gain a level in this class, you can replace one of the spells you know with another spell of your choice from the cleric spell list. The new spell must be of a level for which you have spell slots, and it must be a divination or enchantment spell, unless you’re replacing the spell you gained at 8th, 14th, or 20th level.
Spellcasting Ability. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your cleric spells, since you learn your spells through devotion to your god. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a cleric spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus +your Wisdom modifier
Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

Domain Specialization
Starting at 3rd level, when you first gain a level as the Roguish Archetype Temple Raider, you dedicate yourself to one domain, gaining special abilities from it. Your choices are:
Knowledge: Temple Raiders of Knowledge use their abilities to divine locations of ancient and lost temples and desecrate rival religions while finding rare treasures to sell or use. They gain Proficiency and Expertise in one skill, from the following list: Arcana, History, Nature or Religion. Also, they gain proficiency in Medium Armor and Shields.
Trickery: Temple Raiders of Trickery use their abilities to infiltrate enemy religious institutions and wreak havoc from the inside. As either spy or cloaked warrior of night, this rogue knows all the secret passages to get in and out of locations. They gain advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks, at 6th level, they also gain one use of the Trickery Cleric’s Channel Divinity: Cloak of Shadows per long rest.

Temple Raider Spellcasting (same as Arcane Trickster)

One for All and All for One
Starting at 9th level, when you cast Guidance, you can designate another recipient for every three rogue levels to receive the effect.

Divine Strike
At 13th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon strikes with poison – a gift from your deity. Once on each of your turns, when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to dean an extra 1d6 poison damage to the target.

Object Read
Starting at 17th level, you can call up visions of the past that relate to an object you hold or your immediate surroundings. You spend at least 1 minute in meditation and prayer, then receive dreamlike, shadowy glimpses of recent events. You can meditate in this way for a number of minutes equal to your Wisdom score and must maintain concentration during that time, as if you were casting a spell.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Holding an object as you meditate, you can see visions of the object’s previous owner. After meditating for 1 minute, you learn how the owner acquired and lost the object, as well as the most recent significant event involving the object and that owner. If the object was owned by another creature in the recent past (within a number of days equal to your Wisdom score), you can spend 1 additional minute for each owner to learn the same information about that creature.

ZenBear
2015-08-05, 11:17 AM
I like it! Not sure about balance, but it's cool!

I built a divine rogue archetype and was critiqued for granting Adv to Insight without a limitation, so I expect your Adv to Stealth feature will receive similar comment.

I imagine the capstone like the scene from The DaVinci Code when Tom Hanks is trying to open the puzzle box and envisions a relevant sculpture to find the answer

khadgar567
2015-08-05, 12:39 PM
can we get proficiency for revolvers and whips hell maybe fedoras