PDA

View Full Version : Custom Divine Emissaries

AlanBruce
2015-08-05, 01:58 AM
Greetings, one of my player's PCs is a dwarven cleric of Phaulkon. Not many people know about Phaulkon, so here he is. (http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Phaulkon)

Now, in this setting, Phaulkon lives in Arborea, also the domain of the Seladrine and not in the Elemental Plane of Air (but being a god, he could/should be able to visit at his leisure.)

The PC in question plans to become a Contemplative as in, the PrC. One of the requirements are the following:

Special: Must have had direct contact with one’s patron deity or a direct servant of that deity, or with an enlightened being embodying the highest principles of an alignment (a solar, for example).

The cleric worships not an Ideal, but an actual deity. Complete Divine has heralds and a list of planar allies for most core deities, but one as obscure as this one is not listed.

This is mainly for fluff purposes, of course. The PC already meets the requirements and will take the first level in Contemplative later on, but having him meeting Phaulkon himself would be too much (he's only 14th level). In my setting, meeting deities directly comes in much, much later, so maybe a good outsider that would fit Phaulkon's criteria? I know that by looking at his image, angel comes to mind, but if there are some from BoED or some other 3.5 source, that would be great.

Especially if he plans to use Planar Ally to call one and meet the requirements.

Any ideas are more than welcome.

Thank you in advance.

J-H
2015-08-05, 02:55 AM
If you want to have a Good Outsider emissary, then, for Phaulkon, I suggest taking a base creature of whatever CR range (15-22?) and giving it a good bow and some archery feats. Alternatively, you could take an archery-built elf or human and slap a Half-Celestial template and some wings on it if you just need something with a statblock.

It's not like your players need to know all the exact numbers.

AlanBruce
2015-08-05, 03:06 AM
If you want to have a Good Outsider emissary, then, for Phaulkon, I suggest taking a base creature of whatever CR range (15-22?) and giving it a good bow and some archery feats. Alternatively, you could take an archery-built elf or human and slap a Half-Celestial template and some wings on it if you just need something with a statblock.

It's not like your players need to know all the exact numbers.

Looking at all the actual outsiders, I completely forgot half celestials. His fluff is that he hangs out in the elven god realms, so having a half celestial elf ranger answer his call would not be so bad, especially since Phaulkon counts Aerdrie Faenya as an ally.

Avariel Half celestial archer... very nice image. Thank you very much!