PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Barbarian Archetype-Sacrier

JNAProductions
2015-08-05, 10:45 PM
Sacrier (http://wakfu.wikia.com/wiki/Sacrier)

I Love It!
Starting when you choose this path at third level, you gain an intense masochism. Every time you take damage, you gain a +2 to both attack and damage rolls until the end of your next turn.

Sacrier's Tattoo
At third level, you gain a single tattoo that coversa large portion of your body, including the arms. It's exact shape is mutable at will as a bonus action, though it always covers the ends of your arms.
In addition, you gain the Thorn Whip cantrip, usable only while raging, and using your Strength modifier as the casting modifier.

Exultations Of Pain
Beginning at sixth level, whenever you take more than 10 points of damage, you can exult as a reaction. The enemy that damaged you must make a saving throw equal to 8+Proficiency Modifer+Charisma Modifier or be frightened by you until the end of its next turn.

Extensive Ink
Beginning at tenth level, you can use your tattoo to extend past your arm. Increase your reach by 5' when making melee attacks.

Feel My Pain!
Starting at fourteenth level, you can choose to damage yourself in order to increase the power of your attacks. As a bonus action, you can inflict damage on yourself in increments of 5 HP (to a max of 35 HP). For every 5 HP you damage yourself, add 1d6 damage to every attack you make this turn.

Wartex1
2015-08-05, 11:10 PM
Quick review:

I Love It!
It needs to specify how long it lasts. Is it for one round, one attack, a year?

Exultations of Pain
Charmed doesn't really make sense. Frightened would work better, or just granting disadvantage on attack rolls.

Extensive Ink
Does this affect grapples? I can't remember if grapples count as attacks. Could be overpowered if that's the case.

Feel My Pain!
Desperately needs a cap.

JNAProductions
2015-08-05, 11:12 PM
Quick review:

I Love It!
It needs to specify how long it lasts. Is it for one round, one attack, a year?

Exultations of Pain
Charmed doesn't really make sense. Frightened would work better, or just granting disadvantage on attack rolls.

Extensive Ink
Does this affect grapples? I can't remember if grapples count as attacks. Could be overpowered if that's the case.

Feel My Pain!
Desperately needs a cap.

One round. Will edit that in momentarily.

Frightened does make more sense. Thanks!

I think it should (up to the DM, really) but I don't think that's overpowered, really.

What would you recomend for a cap? I thought it was reaonsbaly balanced because you'll usually take almost as much damage as you dish out (3.5*2 for 7 per 5 damage taken).

Ralanr
2015-08-05, 11:31 PM
Why not up to 35? 7d6

JNAProductions
2015-08-05, 11:33 PM
Yeah, that seems like a decent number. Lets you do up to 18d6 damage a turn (two greatsword attacks +7d6 from Feel My Pain), but damn will that whittle you down fast.

Edge
2015-08-06, 09:59 AM
I've only dabbled in the Wakfu MMO, and we don't see it used much in the cartoon, but what experience I do have playing a Sacrier, I feel like Sacrier's Tattoo should grant thorn whip as a cantrip, castable whilst raging and using Strength as the spellcasting ability. But then, I used a crowd control/Motion Sickness build, so I could be overvaluing how integral positional abilities are to the sacrier.

JNAProductions
2015-08-06, 11:28 AM
Excelent point. Added in.

JNAProductions
2015-11-01, 04:51 PM
This archetype is set to get some major playtesting.