PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder So you wanna kill a paladin?

4vrdefiant
2015-08-06, 12:53 AM
Hi guys! So here I am again. this is sort of a continuation post of my original thread on help with an evil PC, but a little has changed. We are now level 12 with one tier of Mythic. Basically we freed a dracolich from his prison under this town that some really bad ass guys took over. The dracolich used his remaining life force to grant us "a hunger". This is a pretty cool way for ascension in my eyes. I'll link my original post if you guys want to read it to "catch up". Right so to the area where you guys come in. I'm not really big on making myself OP but I would like other more informed opinions on my current build and progression which I will quickly describe below. I'm looking to be fighting paladins and eventually angels up to literal gods. Hell is breaking loose quite literally and we are agents of a very malevolent organization.

This is my original post http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?429701-Need-advice-on-Evil-character
I am a Dhampir that is 11gunsling/1ranger/1champion(mythic) Ranger is for favored enemy (humans since they killed my wife)

I'm taking your standard gunslinger/ranged feats but two feats of note are Dazzling display and Soulless gaze. It is my intent to dip into Antipaladin to get Aura of Cowardice and attempt to strike fear into those so called "beacons of faith". I will unless otherwise convinced be taking the other damnation feats to make demoralize a swift action/ mythic dazzling display. Oh also something of note is that while not at all optimal I have chosen a double barreled shotgun and made it legendary/intelligent. This was pure flavor. I've worked it to reload as a free action with the DM's approval so attacks and damage currently aren't an issue, with that in mind I'm open to suggestions on how to better fight the holy menace.

Geddy2112
2015-08-06, 01:39 AM
The problem with the damnation feats is that malificium is next to worthless to you. The others are solid, particularly hiding your alignment. Fiendskin is handy to resist fire and cold, but most angels are just going to drown you in holy damage. I would probably just stick with mask of virtue and soulless gaze-that way you can inflict frightened and panicked, then gun those goody two shoes down at point blank range as they cower in fear. Requiring 3 levels in antipaladin is painful, and keep in mind your aura is only 10ft wide, so not going to be as useful as the range for dazzling display. And at this high of a level basically everything is immune to fear, so you have to be close.

4vrdefiant
2015-08-06, 11:04 PM
It was my goal to move in to range use intimidate and get the hell out.

Geddy2112
2015-08-07, 04:41 PM
It is still a worthy tactic, and shotguns are not long range so might as well get real close- and 3 levels of antipaladin are going to juice your saves and HP, and if your charisma bonus is decent then the 2nd level is going to give you a major boost to all saves. Should be fine to walk up, intimidate, and then once they are frightened or panicked shoot them to death.

See if you can take cornugon smash and have it work when you use deadly aim for more intimidating fun.

4vrdefiant
2015-08-08, 10:12 PM
I'll have to see what the DM will say about that feat. I went the Mysterious Stranger archetype so I'm all about that charisma. What I eventually want to be able to is walk up into a horde of enemies and intimidate their pants off to the point they are cowering/helpless that way our assassin can coup de grace them. He even took dastardly finish just for the chance. I want to intimadate multiple times stacking the fear effects. Flavor wise this would be something along the lines of me running into them roaring a battlecry or something.