PDA

View Full Version : How to make a Book of YouKnowWhat Fantasy Campaign?

MatrixStone93
2015-08-06, 10:45 AM
I found a DnD sourcebook with an odd name. Book of [You Know What] Fantasy. The [Have biological knowledge of]ing Book of [You Know What] Fantasy.

But still, even if a lot of the pictures are too weird or stupid to be interesting, and only a few classes actually seem worth playing...

1. How does one optimize for the new Appearance stat? (Up until this point, we'd been directly linking Charisma to a character's appearance and beauty if not simply making it match for the race or class and letting the player decide.)
2. How can I GM a campaign using this Book and all other 3.5e books? (Except for the Book of [Bad] Darkness. The [Deadpool's Thing] Mage and its synergy with Festering Hatred has ensured this book is banned for life forever in our games.)
3. How does one Optimize an Imagist with a level one Cleric dip? Reading it, it seems like a party leader version of a sorceror or bard. I might be reading it wrong.
4. How exactly does [Stuff] get put into a DnD campaign? Sure, I want to use this Book of [Stuff]ual Fantasies and its rules on [Stuff], but... how does one put it in without diving headfirst into the worst kind of [Supernatural] Realm territory?
5. I have no campaign ideas for a campaign that will satisfy a group that not only wants equal measures of hack and slash and roleplaying, but also, due to the new inclusion of [Stuff], they want plenty of THAT, too. A 3-way- *Throws a book at Bevis and Butthead* A 3-way split.

Note: I censored this myself. Censorship may be a sin, but I didn't want this thread to seem tasteless.

So... any tips/answers?

(Besides the inevitable "BoEF sucks, don't use it" comment? If I don't get that comment on this thread, it means this forum is the coolest dnd forum ever.)

Vhaidara
2015-08-06, 11:00 AM
I mean, all said and done, the book of erotic fantasy isn't really that bad. I've skimmed it (mostly because I was curious, but knew there was no chance of it coming up), and I really the main thing being that the fluff is solid, but the mechanics are decidedly less so.

It's also very much the kind of book that should not see use unless your entire player group is on board. Otherwise, things will probably just get awkward for the people who are not interested in sexytimes when the rest of the party is getting...busy.

Also, you really didn't need the censorship for most of that. The comic that was the base of this site is pretty solidly pg-13, and we're accustomed to such discussions (if you ever want a laugh, look for the discussions on optimizing the prostitution industry/hild rearing)

MatrixStone93
2015-08-06, 11:29 AM
Note: I know the book had a list of 100 possible adventures one could have using this book. I just don't want to be predictable, using a campaign where the players know the basic plot and what will happen next.

MatrixStone93
2015-08-06, 12:22 PM
I just made two posts, one where i askrd what Hilds are and one where I asked if that post was deleted and why.

If there is a mod or admin deleting my posts, there isn't really a need for that. Just tell me what's going wrong, and I'll fix it.

MatrixStone93
2015-08-06, 12:26 PM
I mean, all said and done, the book of erotic fantasy isn't really that bad. I've skimmed it (mostly because I was curious, but knew there was no chance of it coming up), and I really the main thing being that the fluff is solid, but the mechanics are decidedly less so.

It's also very much the kind of book that should not see use unless your entire player group is on board. Otherwise, things will probably just get awkward for the people who are not interested in sexytimes when the rest of the party is getting...busy.

Also, you really didn't need the censorship for most of that. The comic that was the base of this site is pretty solidly pg-13, and we're accustomed to such discussions (if you ever want a laugh, look for the discussions on optimizing the prostitution industry/hild rearing)

1. What exactly are Hilds? I've never heard that term before.
2. Don't worry, everyone at the table is 100% up for it and 100% ready for horrible things to happen to their character or someone else's. Some think it'll be cool, others think it'll be stupid but fun, and others are waiting for someone to take a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann to the Netherrealm and flip out, even though that won't happen. Only Gary isn't cool with it, since he's read one too many Magical Realm story, and he'll be skipping that session.

Azoth
2015-08-06, 12:53 PM
1. What exactly are Hilds? I've never heard that term before.

Hild- noun. A common typo for child.

Vhaidara
2015-08-06, 01:08 PM
Hild- noun. A common typo for child.

That.

Also, my comment about players being okay with it has nothing to do with horrible things. But I've seen several horror stories about the couple (official or not) who basically hijack a session into them just having verbal sex while everyone else sits around awkwardly.

MatrixStone93
2015-08-08, 04:45 PM
That.

Also, my comment about players being okay with it has nothing to do with horrible things. But I've seen several horror stories about the couple (official or not) who basically hijack a session into them just having verbal sex while everyone else sits around awkwardly.

Ha! Yeah, that won't be happening to us. We have agreed ahead of time that ALL of the Interplanetary Docking shall be performed purely in stats. EG "You last *roll* 30 minutes. When it is done..."

None of that magical realms bs.

But really... Imagist. How do I optimise this... this... thing?!

Also, plot ideas plz. Shall I credit one of you if they like it?

MatrixStone93
2015-08-12, 01:52 PM
Are you mad because I said plz?

By the way, I plotlessly rolled through the first session by having the party go to a town with a dumb name. Generic mining and smithing town. The players derped around in the inn, a badass Bartender affiliated with the merchant's guild that is affiliated with the Thief's guild promised the party barbarian played by Captain Imperium McEmprah that there'd be a 'Reward' for him if he collected at least one copy of ALL of the books in existence and gave them to her, many rolls and buckings were performed and nothing really went anywhere, save that one dumbass half-elf Combat Expertise cheesemonkey started flirting with a married chick in front of her happily-married husband and adorable as hell baby daughter that I'm reusing in a later campaign, flipping him off when he told him to *EFF* the *EFF* off. The Elf then got his ass handed to him by both of them, because disarm is a thing that exists, flanking is also a thing, and they kicked his ass despite how they had Str 11 each and he had 12ish. He survived because a party member, the nice one that always plays a Cleric and doesn't do much - I need to give him more screentime and a sweet power boost, a la Elan taking Prestige Class levels - managed to calm the family down. Surprisingly, Elf Player was cool with this, saying the fact that she did most of the asskicking made her cooler and made him happy for the family.

...Huh. How about that. Also, one guy spent his turns angsting in a corner while sharpening his knives over and over again, but then suddenly Badass Barmaid's Pinkie Pie-ish early-twenties daughter with impressive assets appeared out of the blue to force the Emo Rogue to get up and dance while an ad-libbed DnD version of Another Irish Drinking Song is played. Some day, I need to post that.

Anyway, a plot would be nice, even if this group is prone to screwing around when there's no major plot to emotionally invest them.

How about an evil hooker and pimp boss section of the Thief's Guild that have been secretly kidnapping guys and girls and using magic to turn them into girls and guys of assorted species, forcing them into [The Oldest Job] slavery?

MatrixStone93
2015-08-14, 10:19 AM
Yeah... some campaign plot ideas would be great. And ideas for midbosses. What stats would some kind of hookers guild midboss have?

illyahr
2015-08-14, 11:30 AM
The BoEF isn't really very good about making actual plot hooks with. Your better option is to just incorporate some of the stuff from it into a regular campaign. As stated, the fluff and lore is incredibly solid and a good read if you have the time. The crunch is less so, but still useable.

Imagist is a party support/buffing class. Almost all of it's abilities are nonlethal. Multiclass with a bard or marshall and you have a party-buff machine.

Tantrist is a wizard. Play as a wizard.

Kundala is a monk with some divine ability. Not enough to save the class though. Don't use unless you want a challenge.

Most of the feats and spells are halfway decent (you can tell the bad ones, they make it obvious). Half the PrC's are decent, but I would avoid letting Batman Wizards use the metamagic PrC. Wizards don't need that much of a boost.

The magic items and equipment are mostly fluff. Some of them look like they were written by a pre-teen, but most of them are at least useful after a fashion.

atemu1234
2015-08-14, 12:20 PM
Ignore the artwork, or be scarred for life.

I had the idea to combine it with BE,SMD20 once. Don't. Just don't.

Red Fel
2015-08-14, 12:41 PM
The BoEF isn't really very good about making actual plot hooks with. Your better option is to just incorporate some of the stuff from it into a regular campaign. As stated, the fluff and lore is incredibly solid and a good read if you have the time. The crunch is less so, but still useable.

This. You can't really make a BoEF "campaign" like you could, say, an Eberron campaign. BoEF has a few nuggets in there that you can apply to a given campaign, but it lacks enough substance on its own to design a whole game around.

You know, unless it's just the D&D equivalent of Debbie Does Dallas or something.

But seriously, no. Just use the elements thereof in a regular campaign. Does one of your more obnoxious players insist on going to a brothel? Hit up BoEF. Sorceress in service to the Church of the Lust Goddess? BoEF. Need to suddenly and unexpectedly disturb a player who spends to long talking to a random NPC? BoEF. Just find places to fit in the elements.

Parts of a house are made of glass, such as windows. And that's good. But if you tried to build the entire thing out of glass, it would be unsuitable for human habitation. Also, you're probably a pervert.

Designing an entire campaign around BoEF works much the same way.

MatrixStone93
2015-08-14, 01:14 PM
Ignore the artwork, or be scarred for life.

I had the idea to combine it with BE,SMD20 once. Don't. Just don't.

THIS. The artwork is HIDEOUSLY PHOTOSHOPPED. I wasn't aware it was possible to make something fall so hard into Uncanny Valley, you can't even make a Portable Hole joke about it.

Then, everything changed when the ugly images attacked.

Why couldn't they use illustrations like a normal book? Did that weird photograph company pay them to use their photoshopped pics?

This. You can't really make a BoEF "campaign" like you could, say, an Eberron campaign. BoEF has a few nuggets in there that you can apply to a given campaign, but it lacks enough substance on its own to design a whole game around.

You know, unless it's just the D&D equivalent of Debbie Does Dallas or something.

But seriously, no. Just use the elements thereof in a regular campaign. Does one of your more obnoxious players insist on going to a brothel? Hit up BoEF. Sorceress in service to the Church of the Lust Goddess? BoEF. Need to suddenly and unexpectedly disturb a player who spends to long talking to a random NPC? BoEF. Just find places to fit in the elements.

Parts of a house are made of glass, such as windows. And that's good. But if you tried to build the entire thing out of glass, it would be unsuitable for human habitation. Also, you're probably a pervert.

Designing an entire campaign around BoEF works much the same way.

I understand. And I get where you're coming from. Also, Kumdala seems unfinished, it seems to be missing something, but I'm not quite sure what. Anyway, the whole reason we brought that book out of the Hell No Box (There's a pun in that name) was... we wanted a session centered around bucking. And so, The F***ing Law of F***ing F***ing was born. It's a folded-up piece of paper that stands on its own.

Rule 1: At least one sexual thing must happen once per player per gameplay session. To put that in book terms, we'll say around two chapters of a decent hardback book.
Rule 2: We're not going into Magical Realm land. No weird [Tastes]. And that goes double for tentacles. A list was drawn up that includes things we can include. Leather was written down twice. (Why?! Nude>Leather)
Rule 3: No things outside of one's irl orientation forced upon their character. Futa and pegging is okay though, because the people at the table were surprised to find that that exists and they find it hilariously stupid. As in, **** and Dom in Da Bungalow-level stupid but sorta funny. Remember that episode where a fake cow gave birth and then its head fell off, and the kids just stared in absolute confusion, never able to forget this moment? Like that, but with confused Suzaku-style laughter.
Rule 4: No streetwalkers randomly popping up out of nowhere to fulfill the "One sexual thing per person per level" thing.
Rule 5: Player A's character cannot be forced to screw Player B's character, no matter what kind of lust poison, magic, or divine commands are involved. Also, no pcs screwing other pcs unless both players are cool with it, even if their characters are not.
Rule 6: Mpreg will never happen. If it does happen, the characters go to a healing temple or something and have the baby transferred to a chick. (I didn't plan on putting this in my game, since it's stupid, but alrighty then.)
Rule 7: Swords are not dildos. (I SWEAR. TO. GOD. I DID NOT MAKE THIS UP. THE HUMANS AT MY TABLE SAID THIS. WITH THEIR MOUTHS. And then everybody laughed.)
Rule 8: Nobody is permitted to make Orcs sound like Warhammer 40K's Orks, especially in a sexual setting. Girl B will always use the scottish voice that makes them sound cute yet badass, which is different from the Dwarf voice.
Rule 9: As always, anyone who quotes Monty Python or Lord Of The Rings loses 100gp and exp times their character level. Quoting Gurren Lagann is okay, but only when it's sufficiently epic.
10: If anyone suggests something so anatomically impossible, you'd expect to see it on DeviantArt, or worse, Fanfiction.net, that character loses exp as per the No Pythons Allowed rule.
11: ABBA is not the Nickelback of the sixties. (Emo Rogue wanted this to be "There is no rule 11. It's ridiculous and not even funny" instead. Nobody else found it funny, but I'd already written 11, so we voted and picked this.)

MatrixStone93
2015-08-14, 01:21 PM
Also, what is Debbie Does Dallas, and what is BE,SMD20? I don't get either of those references.

(Also: it doesn't have to be actual screwing to fulfill the "one sexual thing per player per session" rule, it could just be an NPC's top falling down, or a sex-battling league between hot girls (I'm not making this in-game or making rules for it until I'm officially out of ideas.), or some screwing going on in the corner of the thief's guild when you go speak to Totally Not Godfather or so on. Or TNG talking to you while screwing something at the same time, as if it happens every day. Just a little hint here and there to remind you that yes, the BOEF is in play, and yes, it will be used, even if not by the players. You've taken the Wild Wasteland perk, but here, it turns on the sex!)

But srsly, what is Debbie Does Dallas?

illyahr
2015-08-14, 01:24 PM
It's good that everyone is setting and agreeing upon rules if you are going to use the BoEF. It really is a decent source book as long as everyone understands what is going on. As long as everyone can have fun, it's a great way to supplement your play style.

It's an old adult film. The title is almost literal.

atemu1234
2015-08-14, 03:10 PM
Also, what is Debbie Does Dallas, and what is BE,SMD20? I don't get either of those references.

(Also: it doesn't have to be actual screwing to fulfill the "one sexual thing per player per session" rule, it could just be an NPC's top falling down, or a sex-battling league between hot girls (I'm not making this in-game or making rules for it until I'm officially out of ideas.), or some screwing going on in the corner of the thief's guild when you go speak to Totally Not Godfather or so on. Or TNG talking to you while screwing something at the same time, as if it happens every day. Just a little hint here and there to remind you that yes, the BOEF is in play, and yes, it will be used, even if not by the players. You've taken the Wild Wasteland perk, but here, it turns on the sex!)

Big Eyes, Small Mouth d20. Meant to emulate anime.

2015-08-14, 03:19 PM
The BoEF is a very tasteful way of looking at including this particular vice of life in your games. As for the PrCs...yeah, they're kind of all over the place. The one thing in the book that really stood out to me as broken was a spell whose name I can neither recall nor look up (since I'm currently at work): the spell gives you +1d4 Charisma and Appearance per 2 Caster Levels, with a maximum of +5d4. Even if you're not using the standard trick of "Greater Consumptive Field+Reserves of Strength" to get infinite uncapped Caster Level, and using Reserves of Strength to uncap the BoEF spell, you can use Empower Spell and Maximize spell to change "Charisma/Appearance +5d4" into "Charisma/Appearance +5d2+20"; from there, use Incantatrix to Persist it, and you're good to go.

And I'm sure there's other ways to optimize that spell beyond those two methods. Anyway, that's my contribution for now.

Knaight
2015-08-14, 03:41 PM
The BoEF is a very tasteful way of looking at including this particular vice of life in your games.

That's one way of looking at it. I'd argue that it's the third biggest sourcebook mess, though the BoVD and BoED blow it so far out of the water that it's in absolutely no danger of approaching 2nd.

2015-08-14, 03:48 PM
That's one way of looking at it. I'd argue that it's the third biggest sourcebook mess, though the BoVD and BoED blow it so far out of the water that it's in absolutely no danger of approaching 2nd.

I won't argue that it's particularly balanced or well-put together in general, because it's not; the mechanics aren't very interesting. But as far as the general discussion of sexual aspects of the game goes, it does a fairly good job of keeping things, if nothing else, tasteful. It's not lewd, or particularly vulgar, at any rate.

BoED is something I love a lot; I'd love it a lot more if the mechanics made even a lick of sense.

BWR
2015-08-14, 04:06 PM
That.

That's still not as bad as the couple who start acting it out.
*shudder*

MatrixStone93
2015-08-17, 02:31 AM
*shudder*
Anyone who tries that gets kicked out of our game.

So... Emo Rogue guy just told me he's remaking his character, it's now a Tantrist. A literal ****ing Wizard. Is this thing more powerful than a fully-optimized wizard? How does it compare?

Also, I still need that plot. Right now, we're in Generic Minitown on the way to Major Hub Town, because the king is offering rewards on bounties. Corruption goes on behind the scenes, and the town has whores in its thief's guild. Also, the king is secretly dominated nonmagically by one of the top-level ladies of the night, and even her "boss" is in her pocket. She doesn't even have to magic, she just threatens to be sad or leave him and he caves like a goblin's skull. Not sure how this will play out. Also, there's a group of assorted-level fighters that think they're paladins, they want to eliminate depravity and all sex from the world forever. Starting by using actor streetwalkers as sting assassinations and going up from there. King hates them because his literal mistress told him to.

Also, fighter guy plans on becoming an Occult Slayer. How do I counter this?

illyahr
2015-08-17, 11:15 AM
So... Emo Rogue guy just told me he's remaking his character, it's now a Tantrist. A literal ****ing Wizard. Is this thing more powerful than a fully-optimized wizard? How does it compare?

A tantrist is a wizard. The only difference is that it uses CON for bonus spells instead of intelligence, and the break from SAD that entails. Otherwise, exactly the same.

YossarianLives
2015-08-17, 11:45 AM
I had an idea the other day that I wanted to share with this thread. It's not that sex-based but I think it would fit into a BOEF game quite well.

The residents of the small town of Oglin have noticed some odd things recently. Several of their fellow citizens are acting strange, empty and devoid of a chunk of their personality. Many residents are also no longer responding to their preferred pronouns, instead only reacting to 'it'. This mysterious affliction continues for several months with more of Oglin's residents falling under it's sway. Eventually the few remaining residents of Oglin who are not yet effected decide to put a stop to it. They hire a wizard to investigate. After several days the wizard returns to the town astonished. He reveals that the affliction is caused by a demon located under the town, the likes of which he has never seen or heard of. The demon in question is a toad-like monstrosity named Dmardual. Dmardual, unlike most other demons does not desire to steal souls or manipulating innocents to the side of evil. Instead it wants to devour gender identity, for Dmardual lacks a gender of any sort and wants nothing more than to possess one. So it travels to the abandoned mineshafts outside Oglin and begins to slowly suck the gender identity of the poor villagers. Still though even after devouring the gender of an entire town it still wants more and has begun a reign of terror, travelling across the countryside leaving a path of destruction and empty of gender behind it.

The PCs are the only people brave or skilled enough to stop it. Will they be successful?

TL;DR: gender identity eating monster from hell.

MatrixStone93
2015-08-18, 05:32 PM
I had an idea the other day that I wanted to share with this thread. It's not that sex-based but I think it would fit into a BOEF game quite well.

The residents of the small town of Oglin have noticed some odd things recently. Several of their fellow citizens are acting strange, empty and devoid of a chunk of their personality. Many residents are also no longer responding to their preferred pronouns, instead only reacting to 'it'. This mysterious affliction continues for several months with more of Oglin's residents falling under it's sway. Eventually the few remaining residents of Oglin who are not yet effected decide to put a stop to it. They hire a wizard to investigate. After several days the wizard returns to the town astonished. He reveals that the affliction is caused by a demon located under the town, the likes of which he has never seen or heard of. The demon in question is a toad-like monstrosity named Dmardual. Dmardual, unlike most other demons does not desire to steal souls or manipulating innocents to the side of evil. Instead it wants to devour gender identity, for Dmardual lacks a gender of any sort and wants nothing more than to possess one. So it travels to the abandoned mineshafts outside Oglin and begins to slowly suck the gender identity of the poor villagers. Still though even after devouring the gender of an entire town it still wants more and has begun a reign of terror, travelling across the countryside leaving a path of destruction and empty of gender behind it.

The PCs are the only people brave or skilled enough to stop it. Will they be successful?

TL;DR: gender identity eating monster from hell.

Would I be Banned or Warned if I made a tumblr joke right now?

Because that idea sounds really, really stupid. Like tumblr.

...Sorry, I just wanted to insult tumblr. The idea is okay, but... draining gender identity? You can't just take a standard plot and shoehorn something unrelated in. This plot idea feels forced, contrived, and really, really dumb. Although, a toad with no gender identity ruining a place just by existing sounds like a somewhat funny jab at tumblr. Nice one!

Hm.... a lust-draining monster would be okay. Maybe a town famous for its depravity and sexual openness is becoming less sexual due to the sex demon stealing the lust to feed his/her powers? Or maybe an evil being wants to turn a town's citizens into prudes BEFORE unleashing demonic kinky superhell, so it'll be funnier that way?

YossarianLives
2015-08-18, 05:56 PM
Would I be Banned or Warned if I made a tumblr joke right now?

Because that idea sounds really, really stupid. Like tumblr.

...Sorry, I just wanted to insult tumblr. The idea is okay, but... draining gender identity? You can't just take a standard plot and shoehorn something unrelated in. This plot idea feels forced, contrived, and really, really dumb. Although, a toad with no gender identity ruining a place just by existing sounds like a somewhat funny jab at tumblr. Nice one!

Hm.... a lust-draining monster would be okay. Maybe a town famous for its depravity and sexual openness is becoming less sexual due to the sex demon stealing the lust to feed his/her powers? Or maybe an evil being wants to turn a town's citizens into prudes BEFORE unleashing demonic kinky superhell, so it'll be funnier that way?
You're probably right. Still I'm glad I got it out there. Not every idea can be a good one.

The Insanity
2015-08-19, 08:14 AM
*shudder*
We wait until after the game for that.

MatrixStone93
2015-08-19, 01:01 PM
We wait until after the game for that.

I like your sig.

Also, what is Rudisplorking?

2015-08-19, 01:20 PM
Don't say it aloud, you'll summon...them.

MatrixStone93
2015-08-20, 04:57 PM
don't say it aloud, you'll summon...them.

them! I summon thee! Grant thine knowledge unto my mind, that i may know what in the name of luna rudisplorking is!

2015-08-20, 05:55 PM
Seeing as they haven't spontaneously poofed into existence, I'll give a sort-of brief explanation. I believe I mentioned in another thread that there a thread awhile back about "cheating" in D&D that was started by a guy who seemed to think "cheating" was "optimizing better than him and trying to un-railroad the game". The dude was, as determined by the ITP hivemind, a tad bit of a control freak, and argued against him accordingly. At some point, the argument basically became "words only matter for what everybody understands them to mean; if you call something cheating, and then provide your definition of cheating, that's fine, but if you just call something cheating when you don't mean the 'cheating' by the conventional definition, people are going to argue over the definition you failed to provide". From there, it morphed into "as long as everybody understands the concept a word represents, it doesn't matter what word is being used to represent that concept; if we call it optimizing, then it's optimizing; if you call it cheating, then it's cheating; if everybody calls it rudisplorking, then it's rudisplorking".

That particular argument was such a concise and accurate summation of the playground's argument on the subject that many members joined the unofficial "rudisplorker's guild" (the "them" I referred to earlier). They have strong opinions to share with people who consider optimizing to be cheating, and their wrath is not to be easily dismissed. You can recognize them by the badge and title they display in their respective signatures. Purportedly, there is a quoted list of every member floating around somewhere, but there's a rumor that the list is incomplete.

Beware.

ahenobarbi
2015-08-20, 06:42 PM
(Besides the inevitable "BoEF sucks, don't use it" comment? If I don't get that comment on this thread, it means this forum is the coolest dnd forum ever.)

"BoEF sucks, don't use it"

Now, I don't really think that* but I wanted to save you from falling for "no one on internetz sayz X therefore Y" fallacy at least this time.

* I never played with the book** but it has some silly ideas (which I didn't bother to remember) and some cool ideas (for example how to make babies as an undead). All in all it's probably best used as an inspiration for actual rules for your campaign instead of as a rule book (this way you can avoid using the stuff you think is silly, get to use the stuff you think they got right and get to use-with-patching stuff they got mostly right).
** But seeing how latest campaign is developing my group might want to use it soon***.
*** Soon meaning 5-ish sessions, which is not that soon because we have trouble scheduling lately (damn you accessible money for not being effectively infinite for all and each of us) and play 1/mnth ( ;( ).

ahenobarbi
2015-08-20, 07:02 PM
The BoEF isn't really very good about making actual plot hooks with.

Thirded. It's ok as addition to a campaign that does include stuff covered by it but building campaign around it... can be done but requires a specific group (and I'm willing to be t it won't last long).

Rule 1: At least one sexual thing must happen once per player per gameplay session. To put that in book terms, we'll say around two chapters of a decent hardback book.

That. Is. A. Bad. Idea. Sometimes player will want a lot of the stuff. Sometimes they will not want any of it (for various reasons). And it's ok, you shouldn't force it upon them.

Aleolus
2015-08-20, 07:04 PM
Taking the demon affecting a town idea and running in the complete opposite direction, how about this?

A town known for being prudish and reserved sexually has been becoming more and more sexual and depraved. The reason? A Succubus has errected an aura of lust around the town, with the goal of getting everyone in town to engage in an orgy at once, giving her enough tantric energy to tear open a permanent rift to the abyss. It even starts affecting the party when they arrive, so they have to find out what's happening and stop it before the hordes of the abyss are given a way to invade. All while fighting off their own growing urges ;)

(Un)Inspired
2015-08-20, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure why people are telling you you can't run an entire BoEF campaign. Have you seen Heavy Metal? That's basically it.

You're not going for Debbie Does Dallas you're going for Sauron Does Dallas

MatrixStone93
2015-08-24, 06:22 AM
I'm not sure why people are telling you you can run an entire BoEF campaign. Have you seen Heavy Metal? That's basically it.

Guess. What.

I haven't seen that, either!

atemu1234
2015-08-25, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure why people are telling you you can run an entire BoEF campaign. Have you seen Heavy Metal? That's basically it.

'There and Back Again' indeed.

MatrixStone93
2015-08-26, 03:05 PM
Please tell me what this is. I can't be on Mr Bones' Wild Ride if I don't know what the ride is.

illyahr
2015-08-26, 03:27 PM
Please tell me what this is. I can't be on Mr Bones' Wild Ride if I don't know what the ride is.

What what is? Sorry, we have a habit of drifting off topic a lot here. :smallbiggrin:

Sagetim
2015-08-27, 04:35 AM
Things I've done with the BOEF:

Read it because I like reading.

What, the pictures? No, I can find porn just fine thanks.

Read the fluff and mechanics to see if they had a reasonable modeling of anything in there.

Sighed at how much one would likely need to invest to just be competent at doing the do.

Plucked a few spells for a level 40 sorcerer's in character spell list on an adults only neverwinter nights 1 persistent world. One in particular was a deadly second level spell when Persisted, as such an act would more likely than not cause the target's heart to give out at some point during those 24 hours. I think the normal duration is 1 round per caster level...well, 40 caster levels, even just extended and that's 8 damn minutes. Continual Orgasm unto death.

Then I basically ignored it for a long time.

Watched someone else actually roll up an imagist at a dnd game at college campus. She died horribly with most of the party when someone shot an arrow of detonation at an oil filled tendriculous. I survived because I was rolling an Elan Psion (Shaper) with improved resilience and I emergency dumped all but like...1 power point into negating damage from that explosion. Even the guy who shot the arrow died. I think that game ended with my psion stabilizing the only other survivor (who had been reduced to negatives) and dragging them back to town.

And then recently I wasn't sure what to do with my Truenamer, so I had him pick up Versatile Performer to key 5 perform skills off his Perform (Oratory) ranks...because that's a class skill for truenamers. I picked Strings, Wind, Singing, Dancing...and was like 'well, I can't think of anything else he might need perform skill in...so...whatever.' And filled in Sexual Techniques as the last one. A number of sessions later and this Truenamer wound up as a chosen of Kossuth (which has nothing to do with his perform skills). And then he was at a wedding for two of the other player's characters and they decided that there would be an orgy at the wedding. So I rolled perform. Yes, that one. The result was over 30, so like all perform skills there was the 'chance that an extra planar being notices your performance' and in this case...Kossuth showed up to nudge Odin (the god that the players had been married under) to point out my character and go 'haha, see that one? That's one of mine. Nice.' Cut to two sessions or so later and that same Truenamer leveraged his reputation with his god as a proficient lover into a bribe for to get the (formerly) BBEG Red Dragoness to help save the world. Yes, he bribed her with a night of passion with him. And the day was saved...

So what lessons can we learn from these events? Well, the BOEF doesn't make for very good combat classes. But it has some decent options for characters who want to add a little explicit versatility to their builds. Also, you should probably avoid the spells in that book unless you want players to weaponize the orgasm. Divine Metamagic has a bard equivalent that burns music rounds, in case you weren't aware, and I'm pretty sure Continual O is on the Bard List (Might be on the cleric one too, but I think it's an arcane spell).

MatrixStone93
2015-09-01, 10:44 AM
Nice.

By the way, rogue guy doed and rolled up a...

Half-dragon(Steel) human Cloistered Cleric of Knowledge Devotion, Domination dominion, and Charm dominion, lv1 dip in Half-dragon Paragon, with possible Wizard, War Wizard, or Sorceror levels also considered.

He seems to have intentionally built his character with screwing stuff in mind, any challenge in his path included.

How do I challenge a character like this? I'm still a little new to GMing and willing to learn, and I'm not used to characters like this yet. I need to step up my game.

Also, one of the girls is suddenly convinced some MAJOR-LEVEL Magical Realm BS is incoming, and wants levels in Occult Slayer ASAP. My games are usually Starting level 6, maximum 4 flaws, how soon can someone become an Occult Slayer?

And finally: Still need that plot. I have never seen Debbie Does Dallas, or a movie named Heavy Metal. I like the music, though, and I know Sauron is from LoTR. I read a campaign comic about that, and I really don't want my players to hate me that much. I'm considering something involving magic going into the game, since it'll be a big thing with many adventures in the campaign for the players. Magical rituals?

How about... A lv10 mage GMPC needs to be escorted to some specific location where she can do a ritual spell thingy, either to prevent Outsiders from invading or to hold off a demon invasion, but the Thief's Guild has her marked for death because their leader sold their soul in return for ultra-thief abilities and epic-level sleight of hand regardless of his/her own level. Thief now has a chance to get that soul back, if the guild kills off Important Mage and makes sure the demon army apocalypse can happen. Sounds good so far? (Also, Wizard won't take all the glory, he'll just do enough to not be a burden while letting the heroes have most of the fun.)

Draco_Lord
2015-09-02, 12:33 PM
So here is the thing. We can't just give you a story, because you should have a story you want to tell, and you know best as to what kind of story you want.

The two examples are the two general types you can go with for this kind of setting.

Debbie Does Dalas is an example of a story where sex is the solution. There is some kind of problem, and they need to do all kinds of sexy things to get to the end. In this example, Debbie wants to go to Dalas, so she has lots of sex to make the money.

Heavy Metal is an example of a more regular kind of adventure story, but with sex being heavily involved. The best example is where a guy is teleported to another world, and given an incredible body. He needs to stop the evil queen from completing her ritual or else eternal darkness falls. Along the way he meets a number of attractive ladies, and ends up sleeping with most. The explore he helps who offers sex as a thank you. The queen says she'll go easy on him if they do it. So a story where sex just comes up.

Think about what kind you want, and build something around that.

MatrixStone93
2015-09-02, 02:42 PM
Heavy metal sounds like a better idea.

Also, DRAGON DUDE (allcaps are necessary now) is... he's a... he... I can't even...

Please help. How can I amp things up to challenge this behemoth, when most other chars are weaker?

Also, since Occult Mage is actually pretty dang weak, can I toss away the skill requirements and let it be gained at lv5?

Sagetim
2015-09-03, 02:46 AM
Well, I hate to have to be the one to point it out: Undead are probably the lowest level thing around that are immune to mind effects (generally speaking). Sure, there's command undead as a second level spell, but it sounds like this half dragon player isn't expecting that, and/or doesn't have second level spells yet. Not having second level spells by level 6 as a caster is kind of...a bad idea?

Anyway, if you need to, a level 5 cleric npc can cast animate dead, or a level 7 wizard npc. Either could provide a challenge for a party of an average level of 6. Even if they kill the caster real quick, they still have to deal with the undead (which are now uncontrolled).

And I doubt any of them took the feats necessary to seduce undead. So they can't bone their way out of it. And if they did...I don't want to know the details. They might win that round, but I don't think the average person in any campaign setting is going to be okay with necrophiliac necromancers...or necrophilia in general. And that would present it's own flavor of problems.

MatrixStone93
2015-09-03, 02:54 AM
Alright, sounds good. Maybe there's a guild of moral guardians with hints of a certain recently-rickrolled church, and they want to remove all depravity(all sex ever not done by them) from the world. Perhaps an evil necromancer has some kind of shock collar on, and is forced to work as an undead-maker in an adventuring party. Perhaps it's led by a Paladin of Tyranny with Spymaster levels that pretends to be Lawful Good. Or he could be The Dragon, while The Big Bad is an innocent half-Good-aligned Outsider raised from birth to believe he's the chosen one messiah king that can save the world from itself.