PDA

View Full Version : War Thunder

101jir
2015-08-06, 02:19 PM
For those of you that are curious about War Thunder, the website's official description is here (http://warthunder.com/en/game/about).

A few highlights:

They pride themselves on being a cross-platform game. The same game can be accessed from Mac, Linux, PS4, and PC so far. The game is free to play with premium content.

Though opinions vary, mine is that the premium content does not make it pay to win. "Captured" vehicles have the same models as their counterparts, but purchasing them allows players to access the aircraft from another nation. Other premium vehicles include aircraft that weren't built by any of the 5 represented powers but used heavily by at least one (e.g. D520, built by France but available to Britain) and vehicles that were experimental (e.g. XP-55, an experimental US aircraft with the pusher configuration).

Camouflages are free, though they can be unlocked early with premium currency and many take quite a bit of grinding to unlock. Two decals are free, though four are available with a premium account or with a premium aircraft and grinding.

Stated ambition is to have a game that allows for mixed combat between air, sea, and sky vehicles (though infantry are unlikely to be included)

I will try to keep these lists up to date, but no promises. Check the posts to be sure that I got everyone.

Player names for Warthunder (Mine is Starkwolf) [For those that use multiple servers, I will enter it in all that apply]:

Unstated:

Spaceman1997 -> Neekeetah

US Server:

101jir -> starkwolf

EU Server:

101jir -> starkwolf

RUS Server:

(none yet)

SEA Server:

(none yet)

Squadrons created by GitP users: (mine is =Knights of Wolf=)

=Knights of Wolf= (=KtWlf=), starkwolf (101jir)

Squadrons with GiTP users:

(none yet)

spaceman1997
2015-08-18, 01:15 AM
Well, it sure is quiet here.

My player name is Neekeetah. Mostly a tanker struggling to bridge the gap between Tier 3 and 4 on the Russian lineup. That said I do fly Japan, though I can't hit anything smaller than a Destroyer (I could probably torpedo a Heavy Cruiser in my sleep without even scratching the paint).

Currently busy with school starting up again, but I may be able to join in the near future.

Panzer Vor!

101jir
2015-08-18, 11:26 AM
What server should I put you down for? I probably should add an "unstated" category anyway, since some may not want to sha what server they play on, or their username.