PDA

View Full Version : Making Weiss Schnee

Blackhawk748
2015-08-06, 11:47 PM
Ok im not making her exactly more of someone who fights like her. My first thought is Bard and my second is some wort of Sorc Gish, but im kinda out of my element here as most of my Gishes weild big two handed weapons.

Ninjaxenomorph
2015-08-07, 12:04 AM
If you're willing to go into Pathfinder, a Kensai archetype Magus fits her nicely. Also, you might want to check out the (also PF) spell Bladed Dash.

Sith_Happens
2015-08-07, 12:05 AM
most of my Gishes weild big two handed weapons.

They don't have to though.

Extra Anchovies
2015-08-07, 12:20 AM
Mystic/Animus Adept works great for her if Path of War is in (Ruby's a Harbinger, Yang's a Warlord, and Blake's a Stalker, by the way). Shame there's no way to get Mystic to Int or Magus (or Blade Adept Arcanist) to Wis, because that would be an awesome gestalt.

Heliomance
2015-08-07, 12:29 AM
Swiftblade seems like a good fit.

Eno Remnant
2015-08-07, 12:44 AM
If you go Bard, there's always Snowflake Wardance: Charisma mod to attack, and also highly thematic.

Taveena
2015-08-07, 01:09 AM
If you go Bard, there's always Snowflake Wardance: Charisma mod to attack, and also highly thematic.

Snowflake Wardance + Song of the White Raven + 2x Keen Kukri + Blood in the Water Stance + Dragonfire Inspiration. Remarkably effective. Especially fun if you get far into Warblade to get Time Stands Still.

Heliomance
2015-08-07, 02:21 AM

Snowflake Wardance + Song of the White Raven + 2x Keen Kukri + Blood in the Water Stance + Dragonfire Inspiration. Remarkably effective. Especially fun if you get far into Warblade to get Time Stands Still.

This would be good, except Weiss uses a rapier and Snowflake Wardance only works with slashing weapons.

Actually, Diamond Mind focused Warblade or Swordsage would make a lot of sense, perhaps with Song of the White Raven, perhaps with some Shadow Hand stuff.

Taveena
2015-08-07, 02:47 AM
This would be good, except Weiss uses a rapier and Snowflake Wardance only works with slashing weapons.

Actually, Diamond Mind focused Warblade or Swordsage would make a lot of sense, perhaps with Song of the White Raven, perhaps with some Shadow Hand stuff.

Oops. Did not know that, just kinda providing vague build advice. I'd go Warblade just because SotWR only progresses Warblade and Crusader. Critfishing with Blood in the Water and a Keen Kukri, at least, works very well at all levels.

Swaoeaeieu
2015-08-07, 03:08 AM
might want to take a look here. Prime32 works wonders. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=11281)

Blackhawk748
2015-08-07, 08:28 AM
might want to take a look here. Prime32 works wonders. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=11281)

Well way to nail that on the head, and its nice and simple, just how i like my builds.

DrMartin
2015-08-08, 09:07 PM
Spheres of Power would work really well here I think. Probably a mageknight / elementalist, with creation (limited to ice), destruction, and time as main spheres. Maybe a bit of enhancement or a custom spellcrafting for when she borrows her dust to the other girls to enhance them.

Socratov
2015-08-09, 11:33 AM
Swiftblade seems like a good fit.

this is basically what you are looking for: the bard side generates haste and some other nice effects, as well as the boosts to attack and damage (do remember the wardance's requirement for having a slashing weapon, so a rapier is right out), and the swiftblade generates the awesometastic way you can fiddle with hastye and whatever it brings you. Want to charge over a distance of 100' and back? Sure, wanna slice and dice everything up while you are at it? Also sure.

That is, unless you can get Haste on the Duskblade's list including stuff like wall of force or Tenser's floating disk. only then would you really get a Weiss Schnee equivalent by going duskblade 10/swiftblade 10.

DrMartin
2015-08-09, 12:05 PM
well they are supposed to be rookies, even it talented - let's say 5th-6th level? 20th level builds for the girls seems a bit off.

Andreaz
2015-08-09, 12:51 PM
Dervish warder / animus master works wonders, too.

Socratov
2015-08-09, 04:15 PM
well they are supposed to be rookies, even it talented - let's say 5th-6th level? 20th level builds for the girls seems a bit off.

maybe, but if you consider the fact that they are less playing dnd 3.5 and more something along the lines of Anima Prime RPG and/or exalted then a higher level build would be appropriate... The stuff the girls and boys do as rookies (at least in their intros) is well beyond anything resembling low level. I also think that RWBY isn't exactly a story to enact in 3.5 but rather in Anima Prime RPG where the creation of weapons is better suited to what RWBY does and where the growth is much more limited (higher ground floor, marginally higher ceiling). But that's just my opinion. For 3.5 I'd think somehwere around 12th level bard7/swiftblade 5 would be good (if you can get some kind of wand chamber 2 for quickening and floating disk)

DrMartin
2015-08-09, 04:48 PM
or, spheres of power :smallbiggrin: for concept-based characters like these it's amazingly flexible, in that it often allows to pull off scaled-down version of normally high-level effects from the get-go of a character build

Heliomance
2015-08-09, 05:29 PM
I still think Diamond Mind focused Warblade is the way to go. Forget the Bard stuff, maybe add in a little Swiftblade and/or Jade Phoenix Mage to taste, probably using early entry shenanigans so you don't miss out on too much Warblade.