PDA

View Full Version : Construct Creation/Modification Guide?

kalos72
2015-08-07, 08:34 AM
I have been looking at making some custom constructs for Neverwinter in my campaign like a valorhammer and a valor hound(Iron defender with similar attacks as the valorhammer) but the artificer guide or the Mechonomicon aren't very detailed at the ways/process for upgrading constructs past the default stats.

Goodle fu was of no use either really...

I would like to better understand the design/implementation phases of construct/golem creation process. :)

noob
2015-08-07, 08:43 AM
Well if you want an artificial creature different from others either:
1:Kill and assassinate your dm with a pathfinder axe(there is rules for that in pathfinder)
2:Find templates
3:Cast mindrape on your gm so that he accepts the modifications you want to do with constructs
Simply in 3.5 there is no rules for changing your artificial creatures other than templates and giving them some magic items or convincing your gm you can create another kind of artificial creature.
In 3.0 there was a 3rd party manual who spoke of creating any kind of artificial creatures but it was grossly overpowered and this manual is mostly not allowed in 3.5 because of all the combo allowing you to be overpowered.( notably tons of crazy cheating spells and of ways to have a completely immortal familiar who can cast level nine spells)

kalos72
2015-08-07, 09:47 AM
I am sorry, might be missing something here. Are you saying that 3.5 doesnt allow for advancing constructs like it does for monsters?

Then is there anything about guidelines for new constructs or is that all based on the "new monster" section of the MM?

noob
2015-08-07, 10:12 AM
"I am sorry, might be missing something here. Are you saying that 3.5 doesnt allow for advancing constructs like it does for monsters?"
you can do that if you are a gm or if the construct have extremely clearly written it can be upgraded but you can evolve them like monsters(this means that a gm can add them hit dice and increase their size category) If they have the fitting line:possible evolution XX-ZZ size T ZZ-EE size R and stuff of this kind.
golems description says they can be improved at a precise price(5000 PO per bonus hd)
Creating new constructs is essentially saying to your gm:"I want to research a way to do a construct with X stats and powers" and the gm then decide if he allows or not and might discuss your construct.
If you are the gm the monster creation rules essentially says that you can craft them with X rules but that you should always test your monsters and avoid them being too much powerful(Or convenient in the case of constructs for example spellcasting is an absolute NO for most gm because it will really break the entire universe)