PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Using Kinetic Healer Offensively

Draco_Lord
2015-08-07, 12:34 PM
So, with Kinetic Healer when you heal someone you can choose if they take the burn or if you do.

With a touch, you can heal a willing living creature of an amount
of damage equal to your kinetic blast’s damage. Instead of
paying the burn cost yourself, you can cause the recipient to
take 1 point of burn. If you do so, the recipient takes 1 point of
nonlethal damage per Hit Die he possesses, as usual for burn;
this damage can’t be healed by any means until the recipient
takes a full night’s rest.

With that in mind, can this become a fairly interesting way to immobilize someone? Using it, stacking up the burn, until they can are knocked out, and need to take the 8 hours to recover, giving you lots of time to do things. While you can't do it at range, close up it seems fairly effective.

Extra Anchovies
2015-08-07, 12:59 PM
No, this wouldn't be viable.

With a touch, you can heal a willing living creature of an amount of damage equal to your kinetic blast’s damage.

noob
2015-08-07, 01:06 PM
Some people read it in an other way and even interpret that if the target is not willing he can still take the burn but is not healed.
I can read wrongly if I want.

Draco_Lord
2015-08-07, 01:12 PM
Damn, I hate being half blind. Should have read the first half.

Psyren
2015-08-07, 01:29 PM
Some people read it in an other way and even interpret that if the target is not willing he can still take the burn but is not healed.

"The recipient" means the target must be healed for any burn to happen, and the healing requires that they be willing.

You can always knock them out first, but... given that the goal is to eventually knock them out, this seems redundant.

Crake
2015-08-07, 01:34 PM

Except if an unwilling creature isn't healed, then it's not "the recipient" because it hasn't recieved anything.

e:f;b

Draco_Lord
2015-08-07, 01:38 PM
"The recipient" means the target must be healed for any burn to happen, and the healing requires that they be willing.

You can always knock them out first, but... given that the goal is to eventually knock them out, this seems redundant.

I was more thinking about using it as a non violent, sort of, means of attack. Not to mention it is unhealable. It does take a while on higher level targets, I believe it can go up to 20 uses for something with high level con and a d8 hit dice, but still rather unusable with the willing part earlier.