PDA

View Full Version : Super Human vs. Titan

Mr. Mask
2015-08-08, 01:34 AM
Sometimes in fiction, you'll have a human sized being fight a two hundred foot tall titan. This lead me to wondering as to how.

You could fight them Shadow of the Colossus style, use their size against them. You could fight them Attack on Titan style, for more anime-cool points. You could fight them logically, using cannons and high explosives, traps and other things (or just rant at it about square-cube laws as it flattens everything).

What I wondered, though, is how would you fight a giant thing in a more superfied way? If you can move super fast and are super strong, or whichever? Any ideas?

Milo v3
2015-08-08, 01:52 AM
Use super jumps and wallruning along walls and cliff faces to get up to the right height, then superjump through the giants torso with sword in hand, and just pierce completely through his heart and out the otherside.

Enran
2015-08-08, 01:59 AM
One method that I've always found neat was the Dragon Ball Z method... What's that one saying, "the bigger you are, the harder you fall?" If you're strong enough and they're heavy enough, try tripping or, if you're physics-defyingly hardcore enough, throwing them; the impact strength will grow exponentially by weight rather than linearly, so the result will probably be better than you could muster with your basic "jump up and punch them" strategy. Plus, with all the mass they have to move around, they'll probably take a lot longer getting back up after they fall, so you don't have to worry about getting all the way up to their vital organs while they're at full height.

Anonymouswizard
2015-08-08, 02:14 AM
Levi.:smalltongue:

In all seriousness, depends on how fast. At a Age of Ultron Quicksilver level, by hoping you have the strength to trip them. At a Flash level you've already run inside the nostril and are taking apart the brain.

Coidzor
2015-08-08, 02:29 AM
What I wondered, though, is how would you fight a giant thing in a more superfied way? If you can move super fast and are super strong, or whichever? Any ideas?

Bop it in the schnoz if you're a flying brick like Superman or the Power Puff Girls?

5ColouredWalker
2015-08-08, 02:45 AM
Super Strong [+Tough]?
Wonder how much shower time I'll need after having already jumped in a trajectory that takes me through it's head and brain. If I get stuck in the skull, work my way out while keeping my face very covered and hoping I don't need to breath.

With more prep time, I'd have some rods to flick at it.

Fri
2015-08-08, 03:10 AM
Go Ender style and dig through their eyes. Slowly.

GloatingSwine
2015-08-08, 10:52 AM
It depends how super your superhuman is.

I mean if you're low end then sure, using some way to get to weak spots on it and hit it there is fine.

If you're Superman, uppercut it into orbit, problem solved.

Thrudd
2015-08-08, 11:02 AM
If you can fly or move fast enough, you can blast into the giant like a bullet, maybe repeatedly, and basically kill it by tearing up its organs and causing internal bleeding.

noob
2015-08-08, 11:02 AM
The ultimate super human have the power: apply real life physical rules and this way he can automatically make any not small titan(more than 15 meters is organic more than 50 meters else) die under their own mass or by falling from their own height.
This is the ultimate super power to defeat titans.

dream
2015-08-08, 11:03 AM
Bop it in the schnoz if you're a flying brick like Superman or the Power Puff Girls?

It depends how super your superhuman is.

I mean if you're low end then sure, using some way to get to weak spots on it and hit it there is fine.

If you're Superman, uppercut it into orbit, problem solved.
QFT.

I like the "I'll grab your giant foot and swing you around and throw you into the ocean!":smalltongue:

Segev
2015-08-08, 11:10 AM
It really depends on what your superpowers are.

Static Shock would hit it with lightning. It has more hp, but that just means he needs more lightning.

Batman would probably AT-AT-trip it with batterangs and superstrong cord, possibly deployed via batmobile or batjet. He also would try missiles from batjet or bat helicopter.

Superman would punch it really hard; possibly pick it up and carry it somewhere safer.

Dr. Fate would find a growth spell to become super-big, himself (or would, if he were smarter, magically shrink the titan down to human scale; but that makes a less eye-catching comic book cover than Giant Fate vs. Titan).

The Scarlet Witch would just unmake it.

Jean Grey would attack its mind, as would Prof. X.

A D&D high-level fighter would do hp damage to its toes until it died. A D&D wizard would dominate it. A D&D cleric would hold it. A D&D rogue would sneak attack it in the hit points until it died. A D&D bard would make friends with it and direct it to more constructive pursuits.

An Exalt would do any of the above he was built to do.

noob
2015-08-08, 11:13 AM
A real life human would apply real life physics making the giant die under its own mass.

Anonymouswizard
2015-08-08, 12:57 PM
A scientist would take the giant apart then get mad that it doesn't fit together anymore. They shall then find a second giant to verify this result.

Rockoe10
2015-08-08, 03:18 PM
Use your super strength to jump up at a height where you could use your super speed to forcibly make it consume a super toxin.

TheCountAlucard
2015-08-08, 04:42 PM
It really depends on what your superpowers are.

Static Shock would hit it with lightning. It has more hp, but that just means he needs more lightning.

Batman would probably AT-AT-trip it with batterangs and superstrong cord, possibly deployed via batmobile or batjet. He also would try missiles from batjet or bat helicopter.

Superman would punch it really hard; possibly pick it up and carry it somewhere safer.

Dr. Fate would find a growth spell to become super-big, himself (or would, if he were smarter, magically shrink the titan down to human scale; but that makes a less eye-catching comic book cover than Giant Fate vs. Titan).

The Scarlet Witch would just unmake it.

Jean Grey would attack its mind, as would Prof. X.

A D&D high-level fighter would do hp damage to its toes until it died. A D&D wizard would dominate it. A D&D cleric would hold it. A D&D rogue would sneak attack it in the hit points until it died. A D&D bard would make friends with it and direct it to more constructive pursuits.

An Exalt would do any of the above he was built to do.A shadowrunner would decide he's not getting paid enough. :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2015-08-08, 06:47 PM
A shadowrunner would decide he's not getting paid enough. :smalltongue:

A runner would steal it and sell it to the highest bidder, you mean.

noob
2015-08-08, 06:49 PM
A sc2 professional player go to the latest sc2 competition.(you can not tell they are not super humans)

TeChameleon
2015-08-08, 07:09 PM
A runner would steal it and sell it to the highest bidder, you mean.

After planning for hours upon hours, creating an intricate plan with so many contingencies that you run out of alphabet twice over. And then just shooting the thing.

Raimun
2015-08-10, 10:07 PM
Kind of like this: Warning! Graphic displays of violence by Kratos. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ompKbegok)

Yes. Normal human sized super human might be as strong (or even stronger) than an actual Titan.

The Glyphstone
2015-08-10, 11:19 PM
Strap on some Terminator Armor, then board it and engage the princeps in hand-to-hand combat.:smallsmile:

Raimun
2015-08-11, 09:26 AM
Strap on some Terminator Armor, then board it and engage the princeps in hand-to-hand combat.:smallsmile:

Hehheh...

*SNIKT!* "Hello, boys. Do you know what these things are called? I'll give you a hint: it starts with "L" and ends with "ightning Claws"."

Segev
2015-08-11, 10:19 AM
Hehheh...

*SNIKT!* "Hello, boys. Do you know what these things are called? I'll give you a hint: it starts with "L" and ends with "ightning Claws"."

"Hey, bub. That sound effect is copyrighted." (And then the space marine wets himself realizing he's been out memetically badassed)

Raimun
2015-08-11, 05:36 PM
"Hey, bub. That sound effect is copyrighted." (And then the space marine wets himself realizing he's been out memetically badassed)

You forget the Imperium's most fanatical servants. GW lawyers. If "Snikt!" isn't actually copyrighted, they'll at least try to copyright it after some Black Library writer dude used it as an homage.

The Glyphstone
2015-08-11, 08:56 PM
You forget the Imperium's most fanatical servants. GW lawyers. If "Snikt!" isn't actually copyrighted, they'll at least try to copyright it after some Black Library writer dude used it as an homage.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there are only lawyers.:smallsmile:

Segev
2015-08-12, 08:46 AM

In the grim darkness of the far future, there are only lawyers.:smallsmile:

Yeah, but the GW lawyers of the Imperium are no match for the true power behind Marvel: Disney Lawyers.

The GW lawyers are found gibbering madly, "The ears... the EARS!"

Anonymouswizard
2015-08-12, 02:07 PM

If not they'll change it, because isn't that what you do if you can't copyright something.

Flickerdart
2015-08-12, 02:24 PM
Schnoz-bopping probably won't have the desired effect - your titan is (very roughly) 40 times the size of a person. Consider yourself, a person-sized person, being hit by a fist that's 40 times smaller than a normal fist. You're looking at something that's 1/10th of an inch across - that's 2-3mm. If it delivered enough force to launch you into orbit, it would instead just tear into your flesh. Not even a lot - an arm at 1/40th scale would be less than an inch long. So you'd break skin, tear a minuscule amount of muscle, possibly pit the bone...but that's it. It would be like trying to beat up a pillar of soap suds.

The much more effective strategy would be to burrow into the other being's flesh and tear apart vital organs from inside.

Steampunkette
2015-08-12, 02:37 PM
Super speed and super strong?

Human bullet through the ankle. Or sidekick with full power to destroy the achilles tendon. Now the titan isn't 200ft above you.

Defeat according to standards and practices of the superheroes of the setting.

Alternatively, rooftop run to groinpunch.

Red Fel
2015-08-12, 02:56 PM

As others have mentioned, it really depends on the power set. I mean, one of my favorites is a guy who suplexes things (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u84cH_bmTA). If he can do it to a train, he can do it to a Titan.

Want to be more creative? How about someone who can make puppies appear anywhere (http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=499)? Or someone who can see and trace the lines on an object or person which will bring about that object or person's destruction (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Eyes_of_Death_Perception)? Or what about a person who's really just a barely-leashed eldritch horror in usually-corporeal form (http://hellsing.wikia.com/wiki/Alucard)?

The results of such power should be fairly obvious.

The Titan is powerful because, except for that one vulnerable spot, it has an extremely tough hide. This strength is useless against those who will simply move the Titan away (e.g. Superman) or those whose powers completely bypass defenses (e.g. Puppy Girl, Shiki Tohno, Alucard).

Alternatively, rooftop run to groinpunch.

A useless technique against something as anatomically correct as a Ken doll.

Entertaining, but useless.

Steampunkette
2015-08-12, 03:23 PM
Superspeed and strength groinpunch on a creatjre without genitalia will still hurt and may break the pelvis, sending them to the ground.

And also be hilarious.

I made a M&M superheroine, Zip, who was a superstrong speedster who ran across the surface of the Pacific Ocean to punch Godzilla in the groin. Then ran back to shore, screaming about Godzilla not being anatomically correct. She also ran up to his shoulder to take a selfie...

It wasn't until later we learned it was a hologram produced by a powerful psychic kid who just saw the movie.

Raimun
2015-08-13, 12:00 AM
Put enough force to a punch and it will cause horrible injuries. Especially if you can manuever to punch a weak spot, which will be most likely at least as big as you are. Especially if you are willing to personally follow through with your punch. Through the enemy, that is.

Frozen_Feet
2015-08-13, 10:13 AM
List of what some of my own superhuman characters would do, assuming SNK Titans:

Mori Ryoma is a master swordsman and assassin. Since he's a zombie, normal titans would likely not notice him at all. He can move without making sound nor trace and can walk on walls and even upside down, so he could sneak up on intelligent titans and sever their necks. Armored titans would be a problem. He has weakness to fire, so getting near to some titans would be impossible to him.

Zheng Li Lin is an ancient Tai Chi master and a death god with power over plants. Li would be invisible to titans, but lets forget that for now. Li could leap from treetop to treetop and sever necks of ordinary titans with a sword. Li could also make a hectare of forest walk and attack titans. Most humorously, Li could lure titans into a forest, wither the forest into dust, and then the heat from the titans would cause a giant sawdust explosion and incinerate them.

Yama no Rojin has super strength, speed and durability in abundance. He can make objects more durable so they can withstand his power. He could lift up a huge boulder and flatten a titan with it. He could pick up someone like the armored titan and fling it to the ocean. He could use Nyoi-bo, a staff which changes size according to will of the owner, to smack a titan around or pierce their weak point. He could let one eat him and burst out from the inside.

Mikael Rautiainen has the ability to know the true name of and talk to anything, and he can either improve or reduce function of anything he touches. This guy can talk to rocks, and the rocks talk back. So he could communicate with titans, give them human-level intelligence and convince them to loyally follow him.

Kyuu Himura
2015-08-13, 03:07 PM
"The bigger they come (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/PsychoSilver/media/cmoa1.jpg.html), the harder they fall (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/PsychoSilver/media/cmoa2.jpg.html) when you slice through their Achilles tendon (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/PsychoSilver/media/cmoa3.jpg.html)."

And this is why I love Iron Fist.

goto124
2015-08-13, 08:11 PM
Wait... are we talking about that kind of Titan that regenerate and die only if their nape is cut?

Doorhandle
2015-08-13, 11:00 PM
Kill it in one punch is always a fun tradition. (http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man/v01/c003/20.html)

More seriously though, assuming JUST superspeed/strength.

* Dig a pit trap. A DEEP pit trap. Laugh as it starves to death.
* Chuck it somewhere dangerous: such as into the sun or into the marianas trench.
* Super-clap in it's ear.
* Judo-throw, scaled-up.
* If it has a modesty, tear apart it's clothing.
* Find another one. Beat creature A with creature B, metaphorically or otherwise.
* Kill it from the inside.
* If SNK titan: cut it's legs off, then the midsection, bit by bit until you get to the neck, and THEN cut that. No maneuver gear needed, assuming you're as strong as Guts.
** Better yet, Throw massive stakes or rocks at their necks, preferably from behind. A sniper rifle could also work.
** Shove a titan shifter into a box filled with sharp stakes and razor blades. If they expand, they get ventilated.