PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules Timestamp

Fax Celestis
2007-05-05, 06:41 PM
Would it be possible to date/timestamp the Forum Rules? I constantly see "Forum Rules have been updated" at the top of my screen, and I occasionally click it to see if anything's changed.

But, unless I sit and carefully read the whole thing, I have no idea if anything's actually changed or not. Putting a "Last Updated: $Date @ $Time" at the top would be excellent, as would a changelog at the bottom (even something as simple as "$Date @ $Time: updated $Section.").

EmeraldRose
2007-05-05, 07:02 PM
This was mentioned sometime before. I still think it's a great idea! I read the updated rules shortly after they went to the top of the screen, and I haven't gone back into them. So, I have NO idea if they've been updated since...

Jack Mann
2007-05-06, 02:30 AM
Indeed, that would be very useful. If the rules are changed or updated, it would be a good idea to make certain we're told so that we can check the new rules.

Of course, I've been going off of the assumption that if the rules were updated, we'd see that under the News Heading. It surely wouldn't be fair to change it without telling us, but then expecting us to hold to the new rules.

Rawhide
2007-05-06, 03:25 AM
There have been minor revisions since the new rules were originally posted, nothing major, mostly clarifications, spelling and grammar.

The intent is to take away the announcement that they have been updated soon and go back to a normal link. If there's a major revision while (or soon after) this revision, we'll be sure to include a timestamp. Also yes, there would be another global announcement in the forums.

Fax Celestis
2007-05-06, 12:06 PM
Excellent.

Charity
2007-05-06, 03:32 PM
http://www.morethings.com/fan/simpsons/images/excellent.jpg