PDA

View Full Version : Swiftblade or Heartwarden?

Masakan
2015-08-08, 09:28 AM
So after weeks of work I finally got the ground work down for a character I've been working on.
A Dancing Enchantress, who would serve as the teams party face/skill monkey.
Can hold her own in a fight by dancing all over the place I.E Skirmishing

The rest comes down to which path I chose for her
Im forced to take dodge and mobility so I have to make it count
Should I focus on her speed, or her enchanting ability

So guys....which route would you take?

heavyfuel
2015-08-08, 09:48 AM
When asking for build advice, it's usually best to post your current build.

Anyway, have you considered "neither"? Going into Spelldancer (Magic of Faerun... I think) and grabbing Persistent Spell (CArc) is ridiculously strong, even if the best ability comes at lv 1. A simple build like Bard 8/Spelldancer 2/Sublime Chord 10 really fits your fluff (dancer, enchanter, party face) and eventually leads to 9th level spells. It can even be further optimized, though this is probably enough for most tables.

If you're really set on these two options, I'll say I have a have a very soft-spot for the Swiftblade, and I love the class despite its weaknesses. Also, is heartwarden from Dragon? I don't think I know of this class.

Masakan
2015-08-08, 09:54 AM
When asking for build advice, it's usually best to post your current build.

Anyway, have you considered "neither"? Going into Spelldancer (Magic of Faerun... I think) and grabbing Persistent Spell (CArc) is ridiculously strong, even if the best ability comes at lv 1. A simple build like Bard 8/Spelldancer 2/Sublime Chord 10 really fits your fluff (dancer, enchanter, party face) and eventually leads to 9th level spells. It can even be further optimized, though this is probably enough for most tables.

If you're really set on these two options, I'll say I have a have a very soft-spot for the Swiftblade, and I love the class despite its weaknesses. Also, is heartwarden from Dragon? I don't think I know of this class.

Heartwarden is 3.0 from Faiths and Pantheons
https://mega.co.nz/#!9wVjTIQA!kAcj3F7SrEnEcULcvzh2R-fxpmYGrCEyBXwkj2-eoEA

And Here's my notes thus far