PDA

View Full Version : Strange art mistake in #989

FallenFallcrest
2015-08-08, 11:23 AM
Obviously with all the serious discussion about Durkula, Belkar, and the Godsmoot, we need something totally trivial and silly to fixate on as a distraction.

In #989, panel 3, Wrecan's shield seems to have been accidentally been sent to the front layer while drawing. It looks like a huge clothing button has been pressed at the front of the screen. That wacky artist.
(RIP Belkar... *sobs*)

Keltest
2015-08-08, 11:32 AM
That was commented on. The general consensus was that we are looking at Wrecan's back, and that there just isn't a good way for Rich to draw Wrecan looking over his shoulder at Veldrina with the stickfigure art style.

Alternatively, he is a were-owl.

dancrilis
2015-08-08, 11:33 AM
There was discussion on this when the strip came out.

The shield is on his back, he is looking over his shoulder as he speaks (if you need evidence review the three strips of cloth that hang down the front in every panel that he is in and they are visible - in that panel they are still hanging in the front we are merely seeing his back).

Bulldog Psion
2015-08-08, 11:46 AM
Yes, there was a big discussion at the time. Took up many pages.

The two points I'd like to add are:

1. As many people have pointed out, Wrecan worships the four-eyed god Marduk, so the four dots at the center of the shield are probably a Mardukite emblem.

2. I think, personally, that if Wrecan's neckline curved up rather than down, that subtle change would make it clearly visible he was looking back over his shoulder.

dancrilis
2015-08-08, 11:55 AM
1. Wrecan worships the four-eyed god Marduk

Who (as I noted recently) along with Odin and Dragon are the chief deities of their respective pantheons.