View Full Version : Pathfinder Attracting enemies towards you.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-08-08, 12:42 PM
I'm working on a Mage hunter (PoW class) build for kicks, and I was wondering if there was a spell or ability that pulled enemies towards you. If you are familiar with League of Legends I'm thinking of something similar to Diana's E ability, Moonfall.

StygianRose
2015-08-08, 01:32 PM
There are a few maneuvers in Eternal Guardian that would allow you to teleport people back to you.

I believe Veiled Moon and Shattered Mirror also have some.

Unbodied
2015-08-08, 01:34 PM
I'm working on a Mage hunter (PoW class) build for kicks, and I was wondering if there was a spell or ability that pulled enemies towards you. If you are familiar with League of Legends I'm thinking of something similar to Diana's E ability, Moonfall.Gravitational Well.http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/g/gravitational-well

The more powerful Gravitational Anchor power has psionic boots with that power in them so it should be simple to design custom boots that do the same with the Well.

elonin
2015-08-08, 02:17 PM
I recall seeing some build based around getting attacks of opportunity vs being attacked (robiliers gambit and etc) that had a feat that caused people to target you.

StreamOfTheSky
2015-08-08, 02:35 PM
Compel Hostility is a 1st level spell that draws aggro to you, but it is mind-affecting and save negates. It's actually best on a Summoner, since he can draw the aggro on his giant tank Eidolon instead of himself.

When I make a melee Bard (since it's a 1st level spell for them), I do enjoy also using Unnatural Lust as an "unconventional" way to draw aggro to yourself, albeit with the same limitations as Compel Hostility. :smallwink:

If you can use 3E material, the absolute best aggro spell is Mindless Rage from Spell Compendium, IMO. Level 2, and still mind-affecting save negates. But it will force them to do anything other than put themselves blatantly in harm's way or act suicidal in order to get into melee with you and attack you (and when they can't, they just lose their turns completely). No spells, no ranged attacks, no magic items. Nothing.

I recall seeing some build based around getting attacks of opportunity vs being attacked (robiliers gambit and etc) that had a feat that caused people to target you.

Bodyguard / In Harm's Way? Nice when combined with Come and Get Me, a Barbarian-only rage power that is basically the same thing as Robliar's, but better (your attack triggers first; combine w/ Dazing Assault for lulz).

Dusk Eclipse
2015-08-08, 11:41 PM
There are a few maneuvers in Eternal Guardian that would allow you to teleport people back to you.

I believe Veiled Moon and Shattered Mirror also have some.

I've seen some of the maneuvers, but most of them are single target only which is pretty useful, but I'd like an area effect.

Compel Hostility is a 1st level spell that draws aggro to you, but it is mind-affecting and save negates. It's actually best on a Summoner, since he can draw the aggro on his giant tank Eidolon instead of himself.

When I make a melee Bard (since it's a 1st level spell for them), I do enjoy also using Unnatural Lust as an "unconventional" way to draw aggro to yourself, albeit with the same limitations as Compel Hostility. :smallwink:

If you can use 3E material, the absolute best aggro spell is Mindless Rage from Spell Compendium, IMO. Level 2, and still mind-affecting save negates. But it will force them to do anything other than put themselves blatantly in harm's way or act suicidal in order to get into melee with you and attack you (and when they can't, they just lose their turns completely). No spells, no ranged attacks, no magic items. Nothing.

Bodyguard / In Harm's Way? Nice when combined with Come and Get Me, a Barbarian-only rage power that is basically the same thing as Robliar's, but better (your attack triggers first; combine w/ Dazing Assault for lulz).

The idea isn't drawing aggro per say, more to prevent enemies from running away.

Also it is a shame that VMC Barbarian only counts as 1/2 level when selecting rage powers, otherwise Come and Get Me would be THE choice for a lot of melee builds.

StreamOfTheSky
2015-08-09, 01:22 AM
There's items to increase effective class level by +4 (usually but not always capped to a total amount equal to your HD) for sorcerer bloodline abilities, some Fighter class bonuses, etc... Is there any such item for Barbarian rage powers? Then with this VMC thing ("virtual multiclass?") you could have Come and Get Me at level 14...

Hazrond
2015-08-09, 02:17 AM
There's items to increase effective class level by +4 (usually but not always capped to a total amount equal to your HD) for sorcerer bloodline abilities, some Fighter class bonuses, etc... Is there any such item for Barbarian rage powers? Then with this VMC thing ("virtual multiclass?") you could have Come and Get Me at level 14...

Its Variant Multiclass, its from the Pathfinder Unchained book :smallwink: