PDA

View Full Version : DMing in a Round Robin require input

Vulkan
2015-08-08, 02:17 PM
So it might be my turn next in a Red Robin to DM and my idea for an adventure was to have my party of adventurers awaken in a different plane (this is a planes hopping campaign using pathfinder)

1. I AM NOT HIM/HER
The party awakens in different locations in a medieval low fantasy castle and is thrown into leadership roles in dark times as war approaches.. Basically I wanted to take the scenario of the tell tale game of thrones game

*Each player will have a cursed object added to their person that prevents them TELLING anyone about the curse.

*Attempting to remove the item will result in great pain

*Removing the item may result in death.. Worry not they will be made aware of this ahead of time

2. Why are my ears pointy? WHY IS MY SKIN PURPLE!?
The same plot as above except forcing good characters to cross morally gray lines over and over and adding lots of horrors....

3. Welcome back players
Awhile back just after our friend left this world we had a campaign called "The City of Daywood" and well we didn't actually reach the end of the campaign but I figured it would be an interesting concept to have the player characters go to Daywood years after the campaign would of finished. The way we started the campaign was during the Fall festival.

4. Welcome home?
The players are returned to their home plane but a character is missing and it just happens to be where they're from.. Which is this Asian location (I'm DMing so I'd rather not have my character in here)

Rockoe10
2015-08-08, 07:26 PM
Not sure how your group works with Round Robin DM's (stick to a main plot or new settings every time), but I have always thought that having a head honcho that gives you orders makes for easy Round Robins. This could be a powerful wizard or a dragon looking to make his own in the world.

If this group is not into working for anyone and prefers to go it solo-ish, I'd give the falling star quests a try. Basically, a 'Star' falls from the heavens and its some kind of child Deity. The adventurers would have to find out who the child is and how to get them home. This could lead to planar travel and visiting a grateful Deity who just might grant you your hearts desires.

Vulkan
2015-08-08, 07:54 PM
Oh, right probably should of mentioned this. The party has already done one planar jump already.. Not certain how but it was in a plane with pretty much no magic or some nonsense and the stars keep changing every few months with the exception of 3