PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 class features conversion?

Jj234
2015-08-08, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know what to do with the huge amount of class features when converting a class (or prestige class) to 4e? They have so many that if I just straight-up converted them then the resultant class would be really OP. It will probably help if I provide an example of what I'm trying to do, I'm trying to convert http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Sandbender_%283.5e_Class%29 to 4e. I'm trying to avoid making a new class and rather making it a subclass option for a monk (or sorcerer?). Does anyone have any advice? Any help would be appreciated!

charcoalninja
2015-08-08, 09:41 PM
Flashier class features can be converted into powers since the classes end up with more of those. For a class with as many unique mechanics as the one you've posted I would recommend combining a baseline class and a paragon path in achieving all of the effects. If the class still seems too full after that, turn a few features into feats to fill out the rest. Definitely give Ritual caster as a feature and dump magicy utility into rituals.

ImaginaryDragon
2015-08-08, 10:48 PM
Another option would be to shuffle some of it into a paragon path or epic destiny.

Kimera757
2015-08-09, 10:18 AM
This is very specific for a base class. I don't see why that wasn't a PrC for spellcasters in 3e.

There's a lot of specific powers in the class, mostly based on attuned sand, which could be created by a special ritual. (I wouldn't make it part of Enchant Item because then any character could buy a ritual scroll and so many of the same things. Many rituals are almost indistinguishable from items anyway.)

Since the sand can move around and make attacks from it, this is pretty similar to the shaman class. Just replace spirits with attuned sand.

Leewei
2015-08-11, 09:20 AM
Refluff a Psion, maybe? Rather than a manifestation of mental power for things like Force Push, it's done with sand.