PDA

View Full Version : The Threads Magic: A Sorceror PRC

Korias
2007-05-05, 08:31 PM
Thread Weaver
Pre Requirements:
Skill:Spellcraft 16 Ranks
Feat: Spell Penetration
Must be able to cast 3rd level arcane spells Spontaeneously.
Alignment: Any Non-Lawful

{table=head]|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Threads+3, Thread Shift.|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+3|Threads+1, Threadscape+1|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+0|
+3|Threads+2|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+4|Threads+1, Hyper Shift|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+2|
+2|
+1|
+4|Threads +1, Threadscape+1|+1 level of existing spellcasting class[/table]
The Thread Weaver draws power from his Clothes, or "Threads", to aid him in casting spells.
HD: D6
Proficiencies: None.
Skills: as a Sorceror
Skill Points: 4+int Modifier
Threads (SU): A Thread Weaver's power lay in his clothes. Upon his first level in Thread Weaver, he gains 3 Outfit slots which contain clothes that he may wear. Each Outfit is co-odinated to a specific element of Spellcasting. Any Particular School of Spellcasting is considered to be worth 2 Slots, and And any elemental subtypes count as one slot. A Threadweaver gains an additional slot at 2nd, 4th, and 5th levels, and 2 slots at the third level.
Usualy, the outfit is color co-ordinated with an element. A Fire-Outfit will be red, for example.
When a spell is cast while you wear the outfit of the element or school, you may add your ThreadWeaver levels to the spell's effective caster level for damage dealing and healing.
The Thread's abilities work only if you are wearing Light or No armor, excluding sheilds. Meduim and Heavy constrict movement and cover up the thread's presence.

Thread Shift (SU): A Threadweaver, as a standard action, may change his outfit from his current one to one of his stock. If the thread's were to be burned off via a fire spell or acid spell, then the Thread weaver could repace them at will on his next turn. Meanwhile, Everybody gets to look at the 18+ Cha that he is most likely packing.

Threadscape: (SP): A threadweaver may attach special abilities to his clothing. At 2nd Level, he may add any metamagic feat to all spells cast as long as they are from the same grouping as the clothing is from. IE: A Firestorm Outfit would give the Quickened Spell effect to all fire spells if the Threadweaver so desired. Changing this effect requires one full days worth of meditation on the clothes. Note that he may only have one Threadscaped clothing. At 5th Level, this increases to 2 peices of clothing.

Hyper Shift (EX): A Threadscaper may wear Medium armor whilst wearing clothing, and still gain the benefit of it.

Developement Notes

This came when I was tinkering with the idea of a d20 campaign, where your clothing would effect what spells you could take whilst in an alternate plane. I got bored, so I made this.

Gralamin
2007-05-05, 09:56 PM
Neat.
A suggestion: Threads do not work if you are not wearing armor currently. Make it Light or no armour

Innis Cabal
2007-05-05, 10:54 PM
Korias.....once again you win the internet....and as a bonus prize you gain my everlasting respect as a PrC maker

Korias
2007-05-06, 10:38 AM
Neat.
A suggestion: Threads do not work if you are not wearing armor currently. Make it Light or no armour

Hmm.. I thought I said that. I'll add it though.