PDA

View Full Version : Optimization A Savge Bad Warlord

Blackhawk748
2015-08-08, 10:48 PM
Im making a character whose goal iti s to become a Warlord (big surprise) and i need some build help, now as he doesnt actually have a campaign to play in im just making him under my group's general rules, so either normal progression (ie 1-20) or E6. So far the only thing ive actually decided on is that he shall be a Savage Bard with Never Outnumbered, Imperious Command, Frightful Presence, and Snowflake Wardance past that im wide open.

Im entertaining the idea of making this character a Divine Savage Bard, though im not 100% sure i can do that.

Current plan is Savage Bard 4/ Warblade 2/ Abjurant Champ 5/ Savage Bard 9 and use items to increase my Inspire Courage (which im open to trading out for Dragonfire Inspiration) The advantage here is 18th level Bard casting and +16 BaB, though my skills suffer for awhile. Also i obviously cant use Divine Bard with this build.

For E6 im figuring just go straight Savage Bard and just get the Pre Reqs for Song of the White Raven with all of those extra feats.

Malroth
2015-08-09, 10:46 AM
E6 Vs Normal is probably a decision that should be made well in advance of any other choices regarding the campaign. I Myself Am not a fan of E6 where Perma death is a single Orc with a Scythe away from any character and your players will never succeed against any threat greater than a Fire Giant but Some think it's More Balanced so like it better. It Mostly depends On how you want to flavor your settings, Grimdark "realistic" low fantasy is better modeled in E6 while Scifi esque High Fantasy is better represented by a 20 lv progression.

Blackhawk748
2015-08-09, 01:11 PM
E6 Vs Normal is probably a decision that should be made well in advance of any other choices regarding the campaign. I Myself Am not a fan of E6 where Perma death is a single Orc with a Scythe away from any character and your players will never succeed against any threat greater than a Fire Giant but Some think it's More Balanced so like it better. It Mostly depends On how you want to flavor your settings, Grimdark "realistic" low fantasy is better modeled in E6 while Scifi esque High Fantasy is better represented by a 20 lv progression.

Valid, but my group has a tendency to just sorta wing it when it comes to playing DnD, as we are usually playing sandbox games, thus why im asking for two builds as i have no idea which one we would be playing.