PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class (Feedback Request) Boots of Ultimate Cowardice

Altrunchen
2015-08-08, 11:00 PM
Boots of Ultimate Cowardice:
These knee-high boots are bright-yellow and are made of vastly distressed leather that appears as if it has been used by many different people over the centuries. When the wearer says the word "flee!" aloud in whatever language, while they are faced with a situation that threatens their own life (or livelihood/ critical well-being in the case of undead, constructs and the like), they are instantly teleported to the nearest safe location (which varies based on the user's race and circumstances) that will provide them with at least 24 hours worth of safety.

However, upon activating the boots, all of the user's clothes, weapons, armor, equipment, and all of their other carried possessions materialize into a pile that rests where the user used to be, except for the boots which remain on the user's person. Items that are contained within sacks, bags, chests, lock-boxes, scabbards, hats, pouches, bottles, flasks, lanterns, compartments, crates, trunks, bags of holding, or any sort of container are materialized outside of that container and drop onto the pile. The containers themselves also materialize on the pile as well. The heaviest items, formerly in the user's possession, are always on the bottom with the lightest always being on the top. Any money and/or currency on the user's person is neatly sorted into piles beside the main treasure pile.

Once the user arrives at the safe location, they become uncontrollably incontinent, no exceptions. This location may be as public or as private as the DM wishes.

No saving throws, resistances, or any other means of avoiding the negative ramifications of the boots' effects are available during this process. Holding onto or touching the user while they use the boots has no effect and leaves that person exactly where they were while the user is teleported to safety without their items.

Unlimited charges, 1 use per day.

Caster Level: 30th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Epic Wondrous Item, Expeditious Retreat, Greater Teleport, Greater Plane Shift; Market Price: 800,000 gp; Weight: 3 lbs.

Michael7123
2015-08-08, 11:32 PM
This is hilarious. I want to see these in a game.

I have to ask though, how long would you be incontinent for?

Altrunchen
2015-08-09, 12:46 AM
This is hilarious. I want to see these in a game.

I have to ask though, how long would you be incontinent for?

Ah that's a good question, let's think here. I think until they are fully evacuated is sufficient for this item's purpose don't you think? Or maybe make it should be for a 1dX hours/days/weeks or something, what do you think? Maybe 2d12 hours since it's a daily?

Also I'm gonna change "stand" to "where they were" since that could be an exploit...maybe...