PDA

View Full Version : Good Uses of (Pathfinder) Glyph of Warding (and Greater)

g3taso
2015-08-09, 02:01 PM
The Pathfinder system Glyph of Warding spell has a variety of uses that didn't occur to me at first, and I thought I might share one alternate use while soliciting others as well. Easy or cheesy is fine!

Use Glyph of Warding to essentially replicate the Spell Storing item on a magic weapon, including projectiles like crossbows and such. The target is the object touched, and in this example shall be a crossbow bolt head. Upon a successful hit the effect is immediately triggered (Blindness in this case) and the target is subject to the spell with any applicable save. A character might set aside time to prepare one of these per day, creating a supply of various arrows for another character (and casting Lesser Restoration as necessary in conjunction with Blood Money) to establish a supply with a 1-per-day replenishment basis.

frost890
2015-08-10, 09:11 AM
From the spell wording I don't think you can put it on a arrow like that. It wards an area it is not a weapon augmentation. Now I have used it to trap a door after the party went in to the building.