PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Removing Templates

Perturbulent
2015-08-09, 03:31 PM
So we had a weird thing happen in a 3.5 campaign. We had a player killed and a spiteful cleric brought him back a little wrong on purpose. He picked up a template (Faerzress-infused Creature). And an NPC with a plant template, and some pseudo-necropolitan (half-complete).

Any ideas on ways to strip templates? (whether hard rules or reasonableness?) DM says True Res would bring either back definitely, but wanted us to take a look to see if anything else is relevant.

SangoProduction
2015-08-09, 04:18 PM
Depends on your DM's leniency. Is it a curse? Remove Curse? Is there an epic quest to go on? Then go on it. By Raw, you can die and be reincarnated by a druid.

BowStreetRunner
2015-08-09, 05:12 PM
Hmmm...I had an idea that might help, but couldn't find anything definitive upon first glance. Does the Rite of Rebirth (Dragonborn of Bahamut) affect templates or just the base creature? Of course, I don't know if that would be something the character in mind would contemplate anyway, but it does raise an interesting question.

OldTrees1
2015-08-09, 06:37 PM
Hmmm...I had an idea that might help, but couldn't find anything definitive upon first glance. Does the Rite of Rebirth (Dragonborn of Bahamut) affect templates or just the base creature? Of course, I don't know if that would be something the character in mind would contemplate anyway, but it does raise an interesting question.

Rite of Rebirth does affect templates taken prior to the Rite. It will not completely remove the template (you keep LA and a few other things) but thematically it might feel like the taint was partially purified.