PDA

View Full Version : The Overlord (3.5)

Rakoa
2015-08-09, 06:42 PM
For anyone who has played The Overlord games (basically, Pikmin but evil), how would you go about making him in 3.5?

I did a tiny bit of brainstorming based off of what I remember and zero other research, but I'm thinking that Psychic Warrior into Thrallherd using Expanded Knowledge to qualify would be a good start.

Invader
2015-08-09, 07:58 PM
For anyone who has played The Overlord games (basically, Pikmin but evil), how would you go about making him in 3.5?

I did a tiny bit of brainstorming based off of what I remember and zero other research, but I'm thinking that Psychic Warrior into Thrallherd using Expanded Knowledge to qualify would be a good start.

Thrallherd immediately came to mind for me too but I've never played one so I couldn't suggest a good build.

frogglesmash
2015-08-09, 08:03 PM
Animate Dead, and low level skeles/zombies could also work.

DMVerdandi
2015-08-09, 09:44 PM
I think that I posted on a similar thread somewhere else too.

Well, There are three primary ways you could make it happen

1. Divine Summoner type
Cleric 10/Thaumaturgist 5/Divine Disciple 5

Take the Spontaneous domain casting ACF and pick the summoning domain. Now you can summon monster spontaneously, AND you get +2 to summoning and calling spells.
Take augment summoning, maybe spontaneous summoning[feat], summon elemental [Reserve feat], extend spell, persistent spell, dmm:persistent spell.

Psionic Leadership type
Erudite 10/Thrallherd 10

Take convert spell to power, extend power, persistent power, inquisitor,
Use summon monster spells as you UPPD, and later on, Tenser's Transformation (Which since you aren't casting spells, is a straight buff).

Arcane Summoner type
Sha'ir 10/Malconvoker 10
Still take augment summoning, summon elemental, extend.
Also spell focus (conjuration) and imbued summoning.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-08-09, 10:01 PM
How about paladin of tyranny 2/dread necromancer 8/horned harbinger 2?