PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder DSP Black Templar Build

Mathias1313
2015-08-10, 12:05 PM
So i am planning a new character for an upcoming game and am looking for good feat ideas.
Gonna Look like:
Fiendbound Marauder Warder 2/Daevic 3/Black Templar 5

That's the crunch of the idea so far. I was gonna take Powerful Mark and Blight fight. I figured between Powerful Mark and Combat reflex shenanigans and the Drain Essence Temp HP, I should be able to be a pretty good tank.
Anyone have ideas for possible Feat ideas?

Ssalarn
2015-08-10, 01:13 PM
Technically, to qualify for Black Templar you'll have to take either the Extra Essence feat, or spend two feats on other akashic options for the EP necessary to qualify.

If you're looking at akashic feats, Essence Expertise can potentially make Combat Expertise worthwhile, since it increases the AC bonus granted to the point where it's actually relevant and will boost some combat maneuvers you might want to use.

What race and disciplines are you planning on going with?

Mathias1313
2015-08-10, 01:34 PM
Hmm. Race I am not sure of. Probably Human for the xtra feat or Tiefling.
Disciplines I was thinking Eternal Guardian, Cursed Razor and Maybe Unquiet grave or black Seraph.
The rest of the Party is all gonna be squishy so I am trying to build a tank, lol. Its one the reasons why I love all the DSP material, gives soooo many options. My only real problem is that since the DRAIN Essence (:smallbiggrin:) isn't considered a weapon and is a touch attack, I am finding it difficult to come up with feats that I want. I figure giving people heavy penalties to attack anyone but me will help + all the Temp HP will keep me alive.
Just don't know what to do with the rest.

Ssalarn
2015-08-10, 02:10 PM
Hmm. Race I am not sure of. Probably Human for the xtra feat or Tiefling.
Disciplines I was thinking Eternal Guardian, Cursed Razor and Maybe Unquiet grave or black Seraph.
The rest of the Party is all gonna be squishy so I am trying to build a tank, lol. Its one the reasons why I love all the DSP material, gives soooo many options. My only real problem is that since the DRAIN Essence (:smallbiggrin:) isn't considered a weapon and is a touch attack, I am finding it difficult to come up with feats that I want. I figure giving people heavy penalties to attack anyone but me will help + all the Temp HP will keep me alive.
Just don't know what to do with the rest.

If you've got the option to use an akashic race, the Feelkha from the akashic supplemental make amazing warders, gain a bonus point of essence, and gain a natural weapon with reach that can be used to deliver their drain essence attack. Just a suggestion.

Hmmm.... Other feats.... It's actually kind of an interesting build in that your feats are going to revolve more around what you want to add to your character rather then to facilitate your character's basic function. So, you want to absorb damage, and you've got good options for boosting your hp and defenses, plus Black Defilement provides a no save penalty on attack rolls to nearby enemies... How do you see combat playing out over three rounds, and what kind of gear do you see your guy wearing?

Mathias1313
2015-08-10, 02:31 PM
Well here's my Basic Idea..
Gonna be playing Way of the Wicked. Starts at lvl 1 with no equipment.
The basic Idea is to use the Fiend's Grip to deliver my Drain Essence and if possible utilize the grab ability to pull people to me. If Grab doesn't work with my idea the way I think it does, then I was thinking of going maybe Wolf style?
Ya Black defilement will be gold. I figured with that and my Mark I should be annoying as hell for the enemy.
If I cant use Grab with the Drain Essence then I have to figure something out. I think that is my basic problem right now. If Grab works then I don't need to use any other type of Maneuver but if Grab dosent work then I have to think of something else to screw with the enemies.
Maybe I should be relying more on my Maneuvers, I don't know