PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds 2E Weird Campaign idea

Blackhawk748
2015-08-10, 07:08 PM
Ok so im going to be GMing a filler game until we can get our usual group back together to play RHOD, so i figured id run a M and M game to change things up. My idea for this game is that the world as we know it has come to an end because of an inter-dimensional invasion of *insert several random alien races* which has also somehow triggered the awakening of superpowers in Humans. The PCs will be people who were cryogenically frozen just as the invasion was starting, so they are gonna wake up like 50 years later and be really confused.

Currently Humanity is being defended by various super powered people, mostly working alone, but there are 6 large groups that (when not arguing/fighting each other) are taking the fight to the invaders. these groups are:

1. The Asgardian Pantheon (yes they have an Odin)
2. The Greek/Roman Pantheon
3. The Hindu Pantheon
4. The Egyptian Pantheon
5. The Heroes of the Immortal Empire (heroes of Chinese Mythology)
6. The Mayan Pantheon

There are also numerous heroes and heroins of the Celtic Pantheon scattered around Europe but they are not united at all.

So cue PCs. They wake up somewhere in North America, which is the battleground between The Asgardians, the Olympians, and 3 alien races. So its a mess. Its so bad that Odin and Zeus have both taken to the field themselves.

The party will be starting at PL 7, with the ability to increase their PL as the game progresses. I envision the most powerful gods/heroes to be around PL 13-14 with the average "god" being around 7-10 and their "minions" being PL 7 but their powers capped at PL 5.

So there it is, my main problem is stating out the gods and figuring out which ones to include and which to skip so any and all help is appreciated.

Beleriphon
2015-08-11, 09:00 AM
So there it is, my main problem is stating out the gods and figuring out which ones to include and which to skip so any and all help is appreciated.

http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=18932

That would be my 2E Roll Call threat on the old Atomic Think Tank. I'm pretty sure I grabbed all of the pantheons you mentioned at one point or another.

Blackhawk748
2015-08-11, 05:10 PM
http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=18932

That would be my 2E Roll Call threat on the old Atomic Think Tank. I'm pretty sure I grabbed all of the pantheons you mentioned at one point or another.

...... You are so many kinds of awesome.

Edit: Upon further reflection, i have no ideas for aliens. Help? :smalleek:

Beleriphon
2015-08-20, 10:25 AM
...... You are so many kinds of awesome.

Edit: Upon further reflection, i have no ideas for aliens. Help? :smalleek:

Skrulls? If you're genuinely stuck for ideas browse Green Ronin's boards: the Atomic Think Tank (closed) or Ronin Army (active). Both have thriving M&M fans. ATT will get you more 2E stuff while Ronin Army is more 3E. The 3E stuff is similar enough to 2E that working backwards is fine though.

Edit: 3E stats for stuff: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47027&p=1089643