PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Are there any good high-level 5e campaigns out there?

charlesk
2015-08-11, 08:08 AM
Wizards seems to be focusing on 1-15, and I know that the game isn't as well tested at high levels and things can break. But we are shortly going to be on hiatus from our main campaign and I wouldn't mind running 1 or 2 short adventures at higher levels as a change of pace.

Anyone have any recommendations? Even one-day adventures would be fine. Thanks.

ZenBear
2015-08-11, 10:36 AM
Tiamat has a stat block. You could fight through her lair and take her on.

Buy the MM and build an adventure around a high CR enemy. You want a social slant to the adventure? Vampires. Pirates? Kraken. Godzilla? Tarrasque.

Ralanr
2015-08-11, 10:43 AM
Tiamat has a stat block. You could fight through her lair and take her on.

Buy the MM and build an adventure around a high CR enemy. You want a social slant to the adventure? Vampires. Pirates? Kraken. Godzilla? Tarrasque

And begins the final encounter in the most epic wuxia campaign ever.

charlesk
2015-08-11, 11:40 AM
Tiamat will be the climax of our current adventure so I need something different.

I am aiming for something in the level 15 area. Yes I can cobble something from the MM but an actual small adventure would be preferred.

ZenBear
2015-08-11, 11:50 AM
The DM of the game I play in has translated the official adventure Age of Worms from 3.5 to 5. You could try something like that.

Grimstaff
2015-08-12, 09:38 AM
Crypt of the Devil Lich (Dungeon Crawl Classics) is a good high-level funhouse, if you don't mind a bit of quick conversion from the 3.5e.

Theodoxus
2015-08-12, 12:12 PM
I grabbed a few high level AD&D Modules and converted them (really just swapped out the monsters and traps for 5E versions)

It seems to work well enough.

charlesk
2015-08-14, 11:33 AM
Well if anyone has any conversions they are willing to share, I'm happy to give you credit and feedback. :)