PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Song Contest (or, Who Can Make The Crappest Music Contest)

Were-Sandwich
2007-05-06, 07:52 AM
Two things are really annoying me about this event:

1)They cancelled Dr. Who for this poor excuse for a forgone conclusion. This sucks

2)Britain is obviously trying to loose. Over the past few years our entries have got progressively worse, to the point where this years entry made me cringe with contact embarassement. Our country has so much musical talent, why do we have to enter this pile of crap?
If we got Muse, Lost Prophets, Ash, the remnants of Queen, and all th other kickass british bands, we migt win spectatularly. But no, we enter this poor excuse for a Steps-esque piece of crap.

(I don't like this contest. You can tell, can't you)

What are your opinions on this...thing?

Emperor Demonking
2007-05-06, 07:55 AM
Its funny seeing the other countries trying to win. This years entry made me both laugh and cringe. But thats no excuse for stopping Doctor who.

Dihan
2007-05-06, 08:00 AM
Doctor Who is much better than the ESC, though I can't help watch it just to laugh at all the entries.

BrokenButterfly
2007-05-06, 08:05 AM
Eurovision is some sort of embarrassing pleasure for me. If only to hear Lord Terry of Wogan sarcastically ripping all of the contestants (and the presenters). And yes, it is hilarious watching other countries put in conscious effort.

I still remember how much Latvia's(?) entry entitled "We Are The Winners (Of Eurovision)" got booed last year. But we gave it 10 points of course....I did actually vote last year and it was a toss-up between Lordi and that, but Lordi won me over.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-06, 08:07 AM
There has been good music in Eurovision.

Lordi, but that is pretty much it.

bosssmiley
2007-05-06, 08:23 AM

1)They cancelled Dr. Who for this poor excuse for a forgone conclusion. This sucks

Try being a "Top Gear" fan. That show regularly gets postponed for tedious 'sporting' events that get half the viewers it does.
Note: Any game that is played on a table, while wearing evening wear, is not a sport!

Dr Who: lazy, cameo-heavy, badly CG'ed sci-fi pabulum written by Welshmen and fanbois.

2)Britain is obviously trying to loose. Over the past few years our entries have got progressively worse, to the point where this years entry made me cringe with contact embarassement. Our country has so much musical talent, why do we have to enter this pile of crap?
If we got Muse, Lost Prophets, Ash, the remnants of Queen, and all th other kickass british bands, we migt win spectatularly. But no, we enter this poor excuse for a Steps-esque piece of crap.

Of course Britain doesn't give a(n Arctic) Monkey's about EuroVision. We have one of the most creative music scenes in the world, as well as a powerful sense of who we are culturally: why would we care about EuroVision in the way that some of the Ruritanian countries that make a serious go of it appear to.
What's the relevant saying about "first in the Special Olympics..."? :smallannoyed:

That said: the Baltics are still my kind of mental. :smallcool:

Dispozition
2007-05-06, 08:24 AM

It's true...Lordi were the only good band last year...God knows this year...

Does Australia even have an entry?

Emperor Demonking
2007-05-06, 08:26 AM
Does Australia has an entry to the Eurovision song contest. None that stod or stands out.

Dihan
2007-05-06, 08:30 AM
Eurovision isn't really Eurovision... It's more like Euro-bits of Middle East and north Africa-vision.

Caelestion
2007-05-06, 08:47 AM
We all know what will happen in Eurovision though. Spain will vote for Portugal and vice versa, the Scandinavians will all vote for themselves and Russia only needs to field an entrant singing "My old man's a dustman" and all of Eastern Europe will vote for them anyway.

Eldpollard
2007-05-06, 08:47 AM
I love eurovision. Getting drunk and laughing at people. And the UK isn't getting progressively worse. Remember Gemini?

Timberwolf
2007-05-06, 08:52 AM
Yeah but that's where Wogan comes in.

Anyway, the BBC haven't got much left anymore, they've got to have something. I shall be watching it for much the same reason as everyone else here.

Dispozition
2007-05-06, 09:08 AM
Does Australia has an entry to the Eurovision song contest. None that stod or stands out.

Wait...Shush! It's midnight...I'm allowed to make mistakes...

Jibar
2007-05-06, 09:09 AM
Try being a "Top Gear" fan. That show regularly gets postponed for tedious 'sporting' events that get half the viewers it does.
Note: Any game that is played on a table, while wearing evening wear, is not a sport!

Oh God yes.
Damn our country full of people who'd rather watch snooker/football than Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond!

AmoDman
2007-05-06, 10:50 AM
1. I'm 1/4 Finnish and thought it was cool they won last year.

2. I hate all the garbage in that contest already, and that Lordi was trash too IMO. It's embarassing for all involved as far as I'm concerned.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-06, 10:51 AM
I personally think they should have sent Korpiklaani instead of Lordi, because Korpiklaani are cooler.

Oh well.

Hoggy
2007-05-06, 11:54 AM
WOO KORPLIKAANI!

I liked it when Lordi won, 'cos everyone in the bands I play in (one brass, one silver) was like "Oh, so THAT'S what metal music is!" And I was all like"...No. That is fun, I like it, but it ain't my idea of metal. You want metal? Listen to yaddayaddayaddayou'vestoppedlisteningtomealready" or something like that.

Lord of the Helms
2007-05-06, 12:00 PM
Korpiklaani would be hilarious, yes. As would be Turisas or Finntroll with their old frontman.

That said, they're sending Thunderstone, and that's a pretty nice band. Better than Lordi for sure (I've seen them both live on the same night. Suffice to say, Thunderstone practically blew Lordi off the stage).

Eurovision in general is there to be pointed and laughed at, though. It's quite entertaining to see how horrible the entries are almost every year. It was even funnnier to see Lordi win last year (despite not being a very good band, they were definitely one of the most competent entries in Eurovision history), and more so all the reactions in the press. OMG EVIL BLACK DEATH METAL MONSTERS!1!11 - Hilarious :smallbiggrin:

Calamity
2007-05-06, 12:03 PM

I second and third every single part of that post. You summed up my exact feelings almost word for word.

Penguinizer
2007-05-06, 12:16 PM
I do think that if Finland wins again against all odds than YLE will go bankrupt:smallbiggrin:

Attilargh
2007-05-06, 01:37 PM
That said, they're sending Thunderstone, and that's a pretty nice band. Better than Lordi for sure (I've seen them both live on the same night. Suffice to say, Thunderstone practically blew Lordi off the stage).
...Erm, no, we're not. For some odd twist of popularity, we're sending Hanna Pakarinen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanna_Pakarinen).

Well, whatever happens, she can't do worse than England. :biggrin:

Lord of the Helms
2007-05-06, 02:43 PM
Aw dammit, and I'd heard Thunderstone had made the choice. Aw craps.

But yes, England will have one of the worst entries, as per usual. Really the only ones who were as bad last year were spain, turkey and russia. yuck.

Morty
2007-05-06, 02:49 PM
Wow. Is there any country in which everyone is glad about people they sent on Eurovision? I don't remember whom Poland have sent last year, and I'm not sure about this year, but it was utter crap.

Calamity
2007-05-06, 02:54 PM
Eurovision is some sort of embarrassing pleasure for me. If only to hear Lord Terry of Wogan sarcastically ripping all of the contestants (and the presenters). And yes, it is hilarious watching other countries put in conscious effort.

I still remember how much Latvia's(?) entry entitled "We Are The Winners (Of Eurovision)" got booed last year. But we gave it 10 points of course....I did actually vote last year and it was a toss-up between Lordi and that, but Lordi won me over.

Oh, I nearly fell off the couch laughing at 'We are the Winners'

Kind of catchy though.

#We are the winners
of Eurovision#

*snicker*

Dihan
2007-05-06, 03:02 PM
I remember that one for the Harry Hill look-a-like.

Glaivemaster
2007-05-06, 04:52 PM
Oh, I nearly fell off the couch laughing at 'We are the Winners'

Kind of catchy though.

#We are the winners
of Eurovision#

*snicker*

I can't believe the number of people who didn't get that song. The number of times I heard 'Oh, they were so arrogant' etc. It made me feel like I knew nobody with a sense of humour

I like to watch Eurovision to see what all the crap they put on is like, and to laugh at the stupid performances. And Wogan, of course. If I want good music I can get it any time

Eldpollard
2007-05-06, 06:12 PM
England doesn't have an entry. It's the UK that has an entry. If it were England we could then have a Scottish entry and vote for them. Hmm I wonder how many points Greece will give to Cyprus this year.

BrokenButterfly
2007-05-06, 07:44 PM
"We Are The Winners" was intensely catchy, and I'd almost forgotten about that Harry Hill-alike who did a dance that looked like he was trying to wriggle out of his straight-jacket...I'm going to go on Youtube and watch it for the first time since it aired...

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-06, 09:03 PM
But with Korpiklaani, what song would they do? It would be hilarious if they did Kadet Siipina then moved onto Beer Beer.

Heheheheh.

onasuma
2007-05-07, 05:05 AM
Whats great about eurovision is to put on subtitles as you watch it. The number of times rude words come up by mistake is madness

Arlanthe
2007-05-07, 05:18 AM
The winner should receive a ceremonial dagger, and the mandate to kill the guy that made Dance for Life noise. DJ Fiesta or whatever.

Exachix
2007-05-07, 09:06 AM
What did it give us?

A Tetley Advert... admittedly an amazing tetley advert... but an advert none the less.
http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=9342
It's there.

Ok.. it's a spoof... =)

LazyJoe
2007-05-07, 09:19 AM
The only reason (apart from the horrendously terrible entries) that the U.K. does so badly in Eurovision is that the rest of Europe hates us. It wouldn't matter if we fielded the cream of the British music scene, we'd still come somewhere near the bottom.

The only reason for watching Eurovision is of course Terry Wogan. I remember one year the presenters came out, and his first words were 'oh dear'.

Gygaxphobia
2007-05-07, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't say they hate us, but they certainly don't want us to win it, and we don't have any allies in the contest.

Which is ridiculous considering that Eurovision is trying to recreate the fantastic success of British pop music, albeit very badly.

Dihan
2007-05-07, 12:29 PM
Small clips of each entry Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PwKCGTRYag)

There's quite a variety this year.

BrokenButterfly
2007-05-08, 07:16 AM
There's a real terrifying prospect about this year's contest...

Terry Wogan has heard all of the entries, and he thinks our's is the best...But, Terry knows best. I heard that when Australia broadcast coverage without him one year the network received so many complaints that they showed a repeat purely for the Terry commentary.

AmoDman
2007-05-08, 11:49 PM
LOL! Aldarra and their ****ty Green Day copy...so funny.

Belarus's entry was alright, and that's it.

Edit: And I stress alright, I'd never buy it.

CaptainSam
2007-05-09, 04:14 AM
Aw, bless Andorra! It's their first time, so you have to be nice to them. It's not so bad. Could have been Scootch!

I, like many, am a little peeved that Doctor Who is delayed for this, but I must say that I am sort of looking forward to it. I certainly shan't be getting as drunk as I did last year. Then again, I don't know.

The difference between the UK and the rest of europe is that we don't take it seriously. This year is a good example. We're going to lose, not badly, but we can't win. This isn't because europe hates us, or the block voting prevents it, it's because the song is utter s***e!

Australia could be in it if they paid into the EBC. South Africa has the option and Kazakhstan is trying desperately to get in. They even created a TV station so they could compete. Bless 'em.

unstattedCommoner
2007-05-09, 04:31 AM
The difference between the UK and the rest of europe is that we don't take it seriously. This year is a good example. We're going to lose, not badly, but we can't win. This isn't because europe hates us, or the block voting prevents it, it's because the song is utter s***e!

It's because
(1) anyone in this country with actual talent is refusing to touch it with a barge pole, and
(2) if we actually did win, you can guarantee that staging next year's
contest will be attacked as a hideous waste of licence fee payers' money.

ITV could combine it with X-Factor. That might be worth watching.

Rykaj
2007-05-09, 05:24 AM
I don't think out entry got in this year cause yet again it, just like all the other countries, but moreso apparently even, sucks the balls of a donkey. Maybe it did get in, I'm not very into the Eurovision scene. If so, make sure you have your pointing fingers and laughing lungs on the ready. :D

And Arlanthe, the Dance 4 Life noise was by DJ Tiesto. He's actually sorta good, if you know where to look. Dance 4 Life was not where to look hehe.

Calamity
2007-05-11, 04:04 PM
I don't think out entry got in this year cause yet again it, just like all the other countries, but moreso apparently even, sucks the balls of a donkey. Maybe it did get in, I'm not very into the Eurovision scene. If so, make sure you have your pointing fingers and laughing lungs on the ready. :D

And Arlanthe, the Dance 4 Life noise was by DJ Tiesto. He's actually sorta good, if you know where to look. Dance 4 Life was not where to look hehe.

UK is in what's known as the "Big-Four" which secures a place in the finals no matter how crap we are. Same goes for the other three, who I think are France, Spain and Germany. Or something like that anyway.

Although why we're still part of the "Big-Four" is a mystery.
Did the Nederlands have to compete in the semi-finals?

Dihan
2007-05-11, 04:41 PM
The countries through from the semi-final are:

Bulgaria
Belarus
Georgia
Moldova
Serbia
FYR Macedonia
Hungary
Slovenia
Turkey
Latvia

waspsmakejam
2007-05-12, 05:00 AM
UK is in what's known as the "Big-Four" which secures a place in the finals no matter how crap we are. Same goes for the other three, who I think are France, Spain and Germany. Or something like that anyway.

Although why we're still part of the "Big-Four" is a mystery.
Did the Nederlands have to compete in the semi-finals?

No mystery.

Those four countries provide most of the funding for Eurovision (all the other important stuff it does, not the contest). Without them, Eurovision wouldn't exist, and no Eurovision, no contest.

The top 10 countries from last year's contest, plus the Big Four, automatically qualify for the final, and are joined by the top 10 from the semi-final.

The Netherlands has to qualify, but didn't. (Wonderful performer, but the song was better in Dutch.)

onasuma
2007-05-12, 02:30 PM
This must be why the invented wireless internet. To allow people to post about eurovision whilst watching it. Not a good song so far, imho (up to song 7). and the finnish entry really made me laugh though, it was to emo not to laugh at. Then again ours (england) is to happy not to laugh at... The irish just made me think that i can stop a blackbird singing. i have a gun.
Edit: and georgia happens to be more orange than david dickinson...
edit 2: and i actually liked romanias

Attilargh
2007-05-12, 03:58 PM
Holy crap, it's Apocalyptica! The show has officially been saved!

DarkCorax
2007-05-12, 04:03 PM
Yup the only reason I'm Watching this ^_^, I check the Apocalyptica site yesterday and noticed...

onasuma
2007-05-12, 04:11 PM
Holy crap, it's Apocalyptica! The show has officially been saved!

Quoted for the truth

waspsmakejam
2007-05-12, 05:23 PM
Hooray! Serbia won! A proper song, not in English, no gimmicks, no dodgy lyrics or rudery, fab. UK got far too many points (hooray for Malta, Ireland and bloc voting!)

And ... oh gosh ... Apocalyptica are a bit good aren't they? So yet again, off to the shops to buy the Eurovision CD and a metal one.

Dihan
2007-05-12, 05:25 PM
I preferred the Russian one... The "convent girls" as Sir Terry put it:smallwink:

BrokenButterfly
2007-05-12, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately I couldn't post while the contest was on because I was too busy shouting my lungs out at the voting and then letting out a healthy "NOOOOooooo...." at the end. I actually cared this time since I watched it all the way through (apart from strobing between NCIS of course).

I did not like the Serbian entry, very boring and unmemorable. I was also rather enraged that Serbia kept the two countries I voted for, Ukraine and Russia, off the top spot.

Close run thing with the near nil-points though...I now love Malta for their entirely random 12 points to us...WHY?!

EDIT: I'm such an idiot, nearly forgot...I adored the Apocalyptica interval show. Great music, mosh hair-spinning and the best trapeze artist I've seen in some time.

Totally Guy
2007-05-12, 05:29 PM
Serbia are acceptable as winners in my book. I'm just glad that the silver clad ambiguously gendered person didn't win.

I also think the best act was Hungary, with the bus stop scene.

Dihan
2007-05-12, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately I couldn't post while the contest was on because I was too busy shouting my lungs out at the voting and then letting out a healthy "NOOOOooooo...." at the end. I actually cared this time since I watched it all the way through (apart from strobing between NCIS of course).

I did not like the Serbian entry, very boring and unmemorable. I was also rather enraged that Serbia kept the two countries I voted for, Ukraine and Russia, off the top spot.

Close run thing with the near nil-points though...I now love Malta for their entirely random 12 points to us...WHY?!

The Serbian one WAS really boring. We fought for Malta in the past.

Glaivemaster
2007-05-12, 05:35 PM
I'm happy with Serbia winning, though I wouldn't've minded seeing Hungary win either

I was laughing to see England and France both just taking the micheal out of Eurovision this year, with their weird songs. We were quite weird

Also, am I the only one who loved the weird Finnish videos that they made. Those were amusing, much better than Greece's last year

Aidan305
2007-05-12, 05:39 PM
Was it just me, or did the lead for the Ukraine entry look like Dame Edna?

I also found the Serbian entry rather boring. Good voice yes, but boring. Gimicks FTW!

(Also not suprised to see that Ireland once again got very few points. We've been submitting substandard entries since we nearly bankrupted RTE by winning three times in a row.)

Maryring
2007-05-12, 05:39 PM
I love the show, and I am happy that Serbia won, as at least that song had some beauty. Still, after watching this year I got the feeling "how on earth could Norway be kicked out in favour for any of this?". Most of the songs were pretty boring, but every single Norwegian song this year was filled with vibrant life. I think that a good song should make you want to dance or shake or anything like that. All Norwegian finals song did that. Most others didn't. Still it was enjoyable to watch. I just wish all the patriotism and loyalty would disappear. We gave 12 points to Sweden, and I'm pretty sure that's only because they're Sweden. The man couldn't sing, didn't know how to dress and couldn't dance.

But hey, it was fun, so who am I to complain?

Dihan
2007-05-12, 05:44 PM
On the left of the score board, you can see Eastern Europe, on the right; Western Europe.

Semi finals: Western Europe (excluding France, Spain, Germany and UK) vs loads more Eastern European countries.

Result?

Balkavision.

Khantalas
2007-05-12, 05:44 PM
Question: how in the profane name of the Nine Hells did we get to be 4th? With that song?

BrokenButterfly
2007-05-12, 05:46 PM
Was it just me, or did the lead for the Ukraine entry look like Dame Edna?

Well according to Lord Terry of Wogan, he was something like the terrifying love-child of Dame Edna, Timmy Mallet and Christopher Biggins....

(Also not suprised to see that Ireland once again got very few points. We've been submitting substandard entries since we nearly bankrupted RTE by winning three times in a row.)

Anyone remember that Father Ted episode? "My Lovely Horse"?

The Prince of Cats
2007-05-12, 08:35 PM
Well, I got home from a gig just in time to see that it was over. The gig was not awful, just not great. The first band was a solo singer-songwriter complaining about Medway (really, it needs razing to the ground), the second was fine but left the stage after 3 songs because the drummer managed to turn his bass-drum pedal into a paperweight.

The third band was a punk-skiffle band. In case you are wondering, there is a reason why you don't hear those words together... I mean, 10 out of 10 for effort and The Man Who Sold The World was a nice touch, but punk-skiffle???

So, I missed Apocalyptica for that... I suppose it will be on You-Tube when I wake up in the morning...

Jibar
2007-05-13, 01:36 AM
Songs I liked: Russia, Bulgaria, Finland, Moldova
Songs I hated: Serbia
Songs for wtf factor: Spain (they're singing about a woman tearing their hearts asunder and being happy? And what was with the Scorpio?)

I reeeeeeally did not like Serbia's entry. I found the entry boring and the lyrics far too bland. I could have written that, easily. Besides that, the singer scared me. Ukraine's signer, oh, he was a wierdo. But Serbia's? Scaaaary.

I was also digging the Rock Cellos. I assume they are your Apocolyptia?

That Bus Stop sign annoyed the heck outta me, don't know why.

Why did Malta give us 12 points? We send old people on holiday there a lot.

Terry Wogan's commentary was hilarious. 8:00pm, when kids still can be watching, "I ate one of Santa's reindeer".
Terry Wogan needs to be into the foreign affairs office somehow.

Dihan
2007-05-13, 02:42 AM
My favourites: Russia, Romania, Finland
The one I hated: Serbia

In the early 1930s, the British Mediterranean Fleet, which was at the time the main contributor for the commerce on the island, was moved to Alexandria as an economy measure. Malta played an important role during World War II, owing to its vicinity to Axis shipping lanes. The bravery of the Maltese people in their long struggle against enemy attack moved H.M. King George VI to award the George Cross to Malta on a collective basis, unique in the history of the award, on 15 April 1942, "to bear witness to a heroism and devotion that will long be famous in history". Some historians argue that the award was in fact a propaganda gesture to justify the huge losses sustained by Britain to prevent Malta from capitulating as Singapore had done in the Battle of Singapore.

LCR
2007-05-13, 02:45 AM
The only reason (apart from the horrendously terrible entries) that the U.K. does so badly in Eurovision is that the rest of Europe hates us. It wouldn't matter if we fielded the cream of the British music scene, we'd still come somewhere near the bottom.

The only reason for watching Eurovision is of course Terry Wogan. I remember one year the presenters came out, and his first words were 'oh dear'.

What? Nobody hates the British. Every country east of the Oder is too occupied hating the Germans. Come on, it's not even funny anymore. We had a great song (really! Swing!) and we lost to Serbia. Serbia!
That's a farce.

Oh, and if the UK would enter someone like the Arctic Monkeys, you'd still lose, but at least you'd go down in style. Learn from Germany.

Dihan
2007-05-13, 03:31 AM
The east hates the west. We only saved them from killing themselves...:smallconfused:

Calamity
2007-05-13, 03:45 AM
What? Nobody hates the British. Every country east of the Oder is too occupied hating the Germans. Come on, it's not even funny anymore. We had a great song (really! Swing!) and we lost to Serbia. Serbia!
That's a farce.

Oh, and if the UK would enter someone like the Arctic Monkeys, you'd still lose, but at least you'd go down in style. Learn from Germany.

You say that, but I didn't like the German entry. Each to their own.

My favourite was Russia, and the Finland entry wasn't bad.... but Serbia!? I didn't even mind when my parents switched it over to the football when Serbia's entry was on, and I hate football!

Poor Ireland's votes put them in last place by giving quite a few points to the countries below them.

Kalessin
2007-05-13, 04:08 AM
Hooray, the raping and dishonouring of music is over!

This year, the only song worth listening to was the Israeli one, it stands up from all that Balkan crap. And I'm glad my countrie's song couldn't get past the semifinal.

Dr. Bath
2007-05-13, 09:16 AM
I thought the Dame edna, Ukrainian song was hilarious and should have won. That or the one sung in a load of different europian languages.

Dihan
2007-05-13, 09:18 AM
I thought the Dame edna, Ukrainian song was hilarious and should have won. That or the one sung in a load of different europian languages.

Yeah, the Romanian one was cool. Really fun to sing along to, too!

LCR
2007-05-13, 11:34 AM

That is so weird, it's almost cool. Still only almost, though.

Theodora
2007-05-14, 01:09 PM

Of course your country has a bright history of good music, but I think that England is not trying to win in this contest, that's all. And that's all countries should really do, because Eurovision is actually a loss of time. My country tries and tries and I do not see why they think it is so important.:smallannoyed:

Narmoth
2007-05-14, 02:14 PM

There have been several good bands on Eurovision: Secret Garden, The Shadows, and allthrough not what I like, many considers ABBA to be great, and they got a major help for their career (and was almost the last band to do so) on Eurovision

Dragor
2007-05-14, 02:27 PM
Anyone remember that Father Ted episode? "My Lovely Horse"?

Haha, yes. Me and my friends were, in fact, talking about that very same song on the very same subject last Saturday.

Eurovision works in strange ways.

Wraithy
2007-05-16, 02:31 PM
damn them! why did they delay Dr.Who for.....THIS! *spits*
i'm glad that some Mps are suggesting the UK widthdraw from the "competition".
it's not a competition, a competition needs at least one person to be good!
the music is all about as pleasant to listen to as diarrhhea, excluding Lordi, that was good.
also it's all political, why else would malta and ireland vote for the UK?
and if i can end my rant for a second, my lovely horse was a great episode of father ted "we'll cut out the saxaphone solo"
RIP guy who played ted.RIP.

Glaivemaster
2007-05-16, 04:00 PM
also it's all political, why else would malta...vote for the UK?

Apparently, Malta's vote for the UK "was a protest at the way so many countries vote for their neighbours"

(Source - BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6657207.stm))