PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Two PCs to run..What to play?

Stuvius
2015-08-11, 10:14 AM
Good Day Playground!

My gaming group is soon starting a new campaign in which each player will have two PCs. The characters are in a guild and will be offered "jobs' at which point we will be able to select which PCs would best fit the bill. I was thinking I would go with some type of prepared caster and a martial focused character. Core books and the "Complete" series of books are allowed. The campaign is to begin at lvl 2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Flickerdart
2015-08-11, 10:18 AM
I would recommend classes that have very limited book-keeping and choices to be made during combat, to ensure things don't get bogged down. Prepared casting might not be a super great idea, but consider the Spirit Shaman, which acts in-between druids and sorcerers by preparing a list of spells that then become its spells known that day.

Have you considered playing a mounted character, with one PC acting as the mount? There are plenty of ways to take mountable form (lycanthropy, wild shape, spells) and you can really pack a punch that way.

LoyalPaladin
2015-08-11, 10:20 AM
Good Day Playground!

My gaming group is soon starting a new campaign in which each player will have two PCs. The characters are in a guild and will be offered "jobs' at which point we will be able to select which PCs would best fit the bill. I was thinking I would go with some type of prepared caster and a martial focused character. Core books and the "Complete" series of books are allowed. The campaign is to begin at lvl 2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
This would actually be fun for a bunch of little "one-shot" adventures.

I would probably just tell them to make two characters that would be fit for different missions. For myself, I'd probably make a Paladin and a Ranger, but I don't particularly enjoy full casters.

I think you'd be safe to go with a martial and a prepared caster.

Sacrieur
2015-08-11, 10:55 AM
I have players who play more than one PC. The limiting factor with it is you.

Lerondiel
2015-08-11, 11:06 AM
I guess the other aspect is having characters that can achieve things in down time when they're off the roster...stone shaping a structure/gaining wealth/item creation etc

Ferronach
2015-08-11, 11:24 AM
I would suggest something like a bruiser and a bard.
The bruiser comes out when the "quest" will be more physical and the Bard comes out when the "quest" is more social.

Either that or just make a balanced character and use that one for every quest.

The problem will be the discrepency in XP caused by multiple players choosing one of two character for each quest. Some will try to 50/50 it and others will favour one over the other.

Flickerdart has a fun idea with the mount and rider both being characters...
I would be tempted to put an idea of a pixie that rides around in a mech suit pretending to be a barbarian to paper for this campaign...