PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars : Empire at War

SolkaTruesilver
2007-05-06, 08:19 AM
I played the demo, and I really, really like the game. But it was so small I found it sad..

Is the game worth it?
Is the expension worth it?

How long would my investment get back? Go you eventually get tired at commanding these amazing space battles? Or these less-amazing land battles?

And about the general strategic gameplay?

Seraph
2007-05-06, 08:51 PM
get it AND the exapansion.

why?

Suicide Bomber Ewoks.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-07, 12:37 AM
Really like it. My favourite mode is galactic conquest, because being able to rebuild buildings in skirmish mode is lame. really lame. The Zann Consortium is also an interesting addition to the universe. And nothing beats blowing up planets. Nothing.

Tom_Violence
2007-05-07, 05:12 AM
I heard that the space battles are truly amazing, but that the land battles are so unbearably poor, in a pre-original C&C way, that it almost completely ruins things. Is this true?

Logic
2007-05-07, 05:38 AM
Ok, I liked the game.
I didn't care too much for the expansion. The Consortium seemed like a really lame excuse to add a third faction. If anything, the third faction should have been the Black Sun, or the Hutts.
The land battles were terrible, but at least there were land battles, compared to the only other decent (IMO) RTS set in the Star Wars Universe, Star Wars Rebellion.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-07, 05:47 AM
The land battles would have been much better if those $%&@ missile lobbing vehicles didn't exist. They were alright, IMO, but so much harder with the Empire. The Consortium fixed that though. (Sabotage/Bribery FTW!)

blackout
2007-05-08, 06:06 PM
The Zann Consortium wins everything. Especially when the Merc Assault Squads get Disruptors. ALWAYS use the Mercs after that, except when fighting tanks. I always play Zann. :) And yes, land battles are lacking...space battles RULEZORZ!

Timberwolf
2007-05-08, 06:49 PM
I'm best with the rebels or imperials I find...

As the horde of B wings / TIE defenders come swooping in...

blackout
2007-05-08, 06:59 PM
...They are shot down by squadrons of Starvipers, which recieve fire-support from Crusader Gunships.

The_Snark
2007-05-08, 08:10 PM
It's good. I haven't gotten tired of the space battles yet, though the land battles are annoying.

The Rebellion is fun, for me. Star Destroyers are awesome, but all the other Imperial ships seem sort of inferior to their Rebel counterparts. My personal favorite is the Corellian Gunship, whose purpose is to rocket out of hyperspace right next to enemy capital ships and pump salvos of missiles into their shield generators.

Haven't gotten the expansion, though I'm considering it. Adding some random criminal consortium that can compete with the Rebellion and the Empire even though we've never heard of it... meh. When you think of Star Wars, you think of the Rebellion fighting the Empire.

blackout
2007-05-08, 08:43 PM
Y'know what they should do? Include the Clone Wars in an expansion, or at least a mod. Then, make it so that the Clone Wars factions and the Rebels/Empire can fight their past/future selves. :) Four-way war anyone?

Raven T.
2007-05-10, 02:43 PM
I get some good gaming mileage out of this, though I do not have Forces of Corruption. You can find many mods for it (including one that I'm looking forward to the day it's finished...think KotOR: the RTS.) that add more canon vehicles, etc.

Rebellion has versatility, but the Empire steamrolls! *crushes puny Rebels with an AT-AT*