PDA

View Full Version : DM Help A question on Lucid Dreaming

lynxd80
2015-08-11, 03:37 PM
If you are a member of my 3.5 Campaign: Please read no further.

That said, I need to know if there is a Spell or item that can prevent ones mind from being invaded during a dream. I kinda have an issue with a player whom has taken to abusing "Lucid Dreaming to invade NpC's and other party members dreams and i'd like to be able nip it in the bud for a few characters without pulling the DM card. Any advice/sugestions would be GREATLy appreciated. Thanks!

~Lynx D.

LoyalPaladin
2015-08-11, 03:39 PM
Short Answer: Mind Blank

Long Answer: You could probably get away with a ring of mindshielding. I could be wrong, but that should keep detect thoughts and the like away.

2015-08-11, 03:48 PM
Mind Blank or some way of gaining immunity to mind-affecting effects should do the trick every time. Hell, if it was properly aligned, there's even a decent argument for "Protection from Alignment". Beyond that, I think you'd have to start houseruling defenses against Lucid Dreaming. Or you could point out that it's a 3.0 skill that didn't carry over to 3.5; while we generally assume here on the board that 3.0 content not upgraded to 3.5 is still viable, that doesn't mean it's actually a rule that you have to allow 3.0 stuff.