PDA

View Full Version : Illithid Heritage vs Aberration Blood

Rubik
2015-08-11, 08:09 PM
Would it be reasonable to sub out the Illithid Heritage feat for Aberration Blood or vice versa for the purposes of prerequisites? Assume "being humanoid" is not an issue.

Xuldarinar
2015-08-11, 09:03 PM
I think Illithid Heritage could reasonably work as a substitute for Aberration Blood and feats with the Illithid Heritage feat as a prerequisite should count towards totals of Aberration Blood feats as such.

The other way around, however I believe that it depends upon the chosen Aberrant feature.

For instance; I don't think segmented eyes or tail is suitable, unless it is decided aberration feature is flavor-wise is due to illithid tampering.

Similarly, I don't think Mourning Mutate or Aberrant Dragonmark should count in place of Illithid Heritage, unless these were to be associated somehow with Illithids.

Edit: Do you suppose, if used under pathfinder, the Aberration Bloodline should count as possessing the Aberration Blood feat for the purpose of prerequisites and be counted among potential bonus feats for sorcerers and the like possessing said bloodline?