PDA

View Full Version : fav FF magic

Sephiroth
2007-05-06, 09:45 AM
just post your Fav FF magic and post a best one a bad and a funny one

eg

my best spell it flare in all ff that i played (6 to 12 not 11 tho)
my hated spell is Terra break (omega weapon use it in ff 8)
the funny spell is err the frog spell in ff 2(4)

just carry on

Exachix
2007-05-06, 09:59 AM
Fire 3. It's fire.

Ok! maybe not.

Favourite Spell thing is Super Nova (from Sephiroth in FF VII)
Least is Demi.
Funny is Reflect.

ocato
2007-05-06, 10:06 AM
Bleh, damn vendors try to auto-fit your guys with Reflect armor in FF:Tactics. Then you get screwed.

My favorite spell is the Wizard/Calculator with a faith rod casting either Holy or Death on every one of your enemies on the first turn because she has the perfume that grants haste. Especially against undead (holy), but Raise 2 is funny because there is no risk of hitting one of your own guys.

SKarious
2007-05-06, 10:17 AM
Reflect - it's fun for every occasion.
Use it to bounce spells at bad guys, shield your friends or cast it on the baddies to stop them from healing.
In FFTA there are many fun uses for reflect.

Setra
2007-05-06, 10:25 AM
Bahamut

In any way, shape, or form.

If summoning is excluded... then Regen. It may not be flashy.. but it's awesome at what it does.

elliott20
2007-05-06, 10:43 AM
I personally loathed the FF magic system. The only spells worth a damn are basically blast-o-mancy spells and the rest never works until you don't need them.

the only exception to that rule that I know of is in FF6 where if you cast invisible on your foes, your status effects spells will have a 100% hit rate. So it's actually possible to X-Zone all the bosses if you hit them with an invisible spell first.

Abacab
2007-05-06, 10:50 AM
Aura, the spell from FFVIII, is my favorite. It was a pretty convenient way to beat any boss without the chance of the enemy missing the spell.

Sage in the Playground
2007-05-06, 11:07 AM
That Insta-Kill spell that sucks the enemy into a black hole.

Sephiroth
2007-05-06, 11:42 AM
x zone i think it is it funny how i hate insta- kill moves but love flare and any utiama

Ranis
2007-05-06, 11:51 AM
also Ranis no posting here you are not wanted in ANY of my topics

Who are you to say where I can and can't post?

Definitely Atmos in FFIX. It's like summoning the 2000-ton Orec Excel.

Sephiroth
2007-05-06, 12:06 PM
now i must say i was trying to say just magic but if people want summon i say eden as best
err i forget his name but it does some stats defs like shell etc is the worst
and funny the fat chocbo(not in spell check)

Ranis
2007-05-06, 05:28 PM
now i must say i was trying to say just magic but if people want summon i say eden as best
err i forget his name but it does some stats defs like shell etc is the worst
and funny the fat chocbo(not in spell check)

So since when is summon magic not magic?

Pyre
2007-05-06, 05:45 PM
Favorite is Virus in FF2(4).

Ranis
2007-05-06, 05:51 PM
Favorite is Virus in FF2(4).

Oh, yes! I loved that one as well. The most complicated activation sequence to date.

Setra
2007-05-06, 05:58 PM
Who are you to say where I can and can't post?

Definitely Atmos in FFIX. It's like summoning the 2000-ton Orec Excel.
I just recently beat FFIX again..

It's funny, Atomos did more damage than Bahamut on average, and I had 99 Garnets and only 30~ Amethysts. Also, I loved the whole black hole thing.

Kjata
2007-05-06, 06:44 PM
Umm... haste. In FFT. And a Knight with 5 move, 2 swords, and 2 godly weapons. Haste made that my perfect character.

Krade
2007-05-06, 08:47 PM
FFI: Haste.

It didn't work the same then as it did now. No. Way back in the before time, Haste DOUBLED the number of times you hit, effectively doubling the damage you do in a turn.

One time I single attack killed the boss of the game because I just buffed the max level black belt/monk/master/whatever and attacked once. It did something like 52,000 damage. That's right, no lame damage limit there.

Indon
2007-05-07, 08:05 AM
Nuke/Flare. Because the ultimate black magic _should_ be a nuclear explosion.

Vulion
2007-05-07, 08:23 AM
Besides my favorite series of spells (Thunder, Blizzard and Fire), I'd have to say Ultima!

BrokenButterfly
2007-05-08, 07:13 AM
I really liked the fire tornado that got conjured up when you cast Firaga in FFIX. Other than that weird specific, I've always like Curaga myself.

ocato
2007-05-08, 11:21 PM
Umm... haste. In FFT. And a Knight with 5 move, 2 swords, and 2 godly weapons. Haste made that my perfect character.

My monks were always so much better than any knights... better movement and pretty much the same damage (since he stayed a monk for almost his entire life). Though all-time haste swords could make a knight decent, I'd prefer a monk or ninja.

Just about any FF game that had it (I think just tactics and 12): Faith!

Double the effects of that heal? Yes please.
Double the effects of that attack spell? Yes please.
Oh, gonna take advantage of my weakness to magic? Enjoy that Silence spell with an insane chance of success because I believe in magic. And fairies. And mickey mouse.

Jasdoif
2007-05-08, 11:36 PM
My favorite? Meltdown, from FFVIII. NO PHYSICAL DEFENSE FOR YOU.
Least? Umm...Float, again in FFVIII. Supposedly useful for two particular boss fights, but it's little more then a waste of space even considering that.
Funniest? Confuse, in FFVII this time. Especially when combined with All, that chocobo spinning out stars amuses me.

my hated spell is Terra break (omega weapon use it in ff 8)Trivia for today: Terra Break does physical damage, use Defend and it does 0 damage. Quite likely the only point in the game where Defend actually has a use.

Krade
2007-05-09, 12:11 AM
Trivia for today: Terra Break does physical damage, use Defend and it does 0 damage. Quite likely the only point in the game where Defend actually has a use.

Or you could just use those nice little Holy Wars and make your party INVINCIBLE!

My first turn always went like this:
Squal: Triple on Zell
Zell: Aura on all
Irvine: Holy War

Meltdown came afterwards and it's important to cast Aura on everyone BEFORE using the Holy War because being invincible protected you from friendly spells.

Jasdoif
2007-05-09, 12:16 AM
Or you could just use those nice little Holy Wars and make your party INVINCIBLE!I made it a goal to defeat the Omega Weapon without resorting to invincibility. And I succeeded, so I must've been doing something right :smalltongue:

Cybren
2007-05-09, 12:26 AM
My monks were always so much better than any knights... better movement and pretty much the same damage (since he stayed a monk for almost his entire life). Though all-time haste swords could make a knight decent, I'd prefer a monk or ninja.

Just about any FF game that had it (I think just tactics and 12): Faith!

Double the effects of that heal? Yes please.
Double the effects of that attack spell? Yes please.
Oh, gonna take advantage of my weakness to magic? Enjoy that Silence spell with an insane chance of success because I believe in magic. And fairies. And mickey mouse.
Why bother with all taht nonsense when you can just hit once for bajillion+ damage

Shikton
2007-05-09, 02:59 AM
"Judgement" from Suikoden 1. Aaaawesome! And the whole Fire/Rage spell range from the same series.
Least favourite spell? I never really liked any magic at all from Wild Arms. Just looked too sucky for me to get a good feel for it. =P

Ranis
2007-05-09, 07:45 AM
"Judgement" from Suikoden 1. Aaaawesome! And the whole Fire/Rage spell range from the same series.
Least favourite spell? I never really liked any magic at all from Wild Arms. Just looked too sucky for me to get a good feel for it. =P

Umm....what happened to the Final Fantasy magic?

Setra
2007-05-10, 07:57 AM
I made it a goal to defeat the Omega Weapon without resorting to invincibility. And I succeeded, so I must've been doing something right :smalltongue:
I can kill Omega Weapon in one round without cheating.

Zell: Armageddon Fist (200K++ Can actually One Hit Omega if you're good)
Squall: Lionheart (200K~)
Rinoa: Meteor Abuse (80K~)

Calamity
2007-05-10, 11:46 AM
Normal FF fights:
Favourites: Zombie (If not Undead) and Recover (FF8) - One hit anything below 10,000HP

Islands of Heaven/Hell: (FF8)
Favourites: Demi/Diablos Summon [Dark Messenger]

Boss Fights:
Favourites: Cerebrus Summon [Counter Rockets], Meltdown, Aura, Ultima, Flare, Shell and Meteor.
Hated: Corona (Robot thing in Lunatic Pandora FF8), Graviga (Diablos), Meteor (when used against me).

Hunter Noventa
2007-05-10, 12:55 PM
Most of the status magic in FFT gets my vote. It's actually useful there!

But the best has to be Foxbird, or preferably Beowulf's version, Chicken.
Cast it enough...and your enemy turns into a chicken.

Sephiroth
2007-05-14, 06:49 AM
yes that true but i do have to say something on FF 1 i think i seen on youtube that mega flare can be Reflected but i think that dumb like it an NON element attack yet it can be Reflected back
(PS spelling not good school PC don't have spell check thing)

lumberofdabeast
2007-05-14, 06:54 AM
Ah, so that's your latest excuse. School PC, which doesn't have Spell Check. Odd, since I've never seen a school PC without Microsoft Word.

ocato
2007-05-14, 12:10 PM
hah, Yes, your knight hits for like, what, 999 with a hit? His absolute best hit? Because my monk hits twice for 750. And is faster, can heal the party and restore mana, and one time he kicked chuck norris in the mouth.

Setra
2007-05-14, 12:56 PM
yes that true but i do have to say something on FF1 i think i seen on youtube that mega flare can be relcfed but i think that dumb like it an NON elemaned attack yet it can be relcfed back
(ps spelling not good school pc don't have spell check thing)
Try spellcheck.com .. because

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e258/SetraKakan/postsuicide.jpg

Sorry, I've never had a chance to use that before :smallbiggrin:

Sephiroth
2007-05-14, 02:43 PM
Try spellcheck.com .. because

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e258/SetraKakan/postsuicide.jpg

Sorry, I've never had a chance to use that before :smallbiggrin:

LOL anyway i didn't know that site word is crap or the spell check don't come up also i going to spell check it as well but can someone agree or disagree about my comment

TheBoneSplitter
2007-05-14, 02:46 PM
I beat FF1 once... and Haste is indeed my favorite from there. Well, it's a staple in D&D... so why not here? Extra attacks, faster movement speed, harder to hit... :smallbiggrin: Okay, I'm straying. :smalltongue:

Setra
2007-05-14, 04:06 PM
LOL anyway i didn't know that site word is crap or the spell check don't come up also i going to spell check it as well but can someone agree or disagree about my comment
The reason Mega Flare reflects.. I always thought, is because it's a beam type attack. OF course if YOU use it, it won't reflect.

Edit: Anyone else notice that a Hasted Black Mage with the Masamune does more damage with his attack than with Nuke?

It's why I stopped using Black Mages in FF1 (Favorite team is Knight, Master, Ninja, Red Wizard)

TheBoneSplitter
2007-05-15, 05:48 AM
^^^^ H4x. :smallmad:

That's just... overlooked eviltry.

Ranis
2007-05-15, 08:31 AM

Well, if I could read your comment....

lumberofdabeast
2007-05-15, 08:50 AM
Well, if I could read your comment....

Calm thyself, Ranis. Everything is spelled right, which is a definite improvement. Give him some time, and I'm sure his grammar will improve as well.

Sephiroth
2007-05-15, 11:36 AM
... this is why i dislike you ranis
-----------------------------

back on topic i just saying the mega flare is a Non element spell which can't be block back at them like flare is also a non element
also which black mage the ff1 or the comic BM i found he really funny i like BM
anyway i still think that mega flare is the best spell EVER and you know

Setra
2007-05-15, 02:17 PM
^^^^ H4x. :smallmad:

That's just... overlooked eviltry.
I'm trying to figure out if that's sarcasm.. and insult.. or a compliment.

Raven T.
2007-05-15, 05:27 PM
Meteo.

I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet.

Also, White Wind from V.

BanjoTheClown
2007-05-15, 06:54 PM
Ultima and Reflect.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-05-20, 02:39 AM
I'm a pretty big fan of FFVII's version of Meteor. I mean...you cannot argue that the spell doesn't deliver exactly what it promises.

For personal use, I like Flare for flashy damage. Especially casting it from a sword in FFV. Eight times per round. Holy's animation in FFVIII is nice, and Aura is just godly in the same game, since it means casting one spell and doing hundreds of thousands of points of damage in Limit Breaks.

Setra
2007-05-20, 02:52 AM
I'm a pretty big fan of FFVII's version of Meteor. I mean...you cannot argue that the spell doesn't deliver exactly what it promises.
I can.

It delivers a fricking asteroid the size of a small moon.

The spell name is METEOR.

FFIX is more accurate, they tend to burn up in the atmosphere.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-05-20, 03:02 AM
The way I remember the technical definitions, an object becomes a meteor when it enters a planetary atmosphere (and a meteorite when and if it exists after impact with the ground), size not being a distinction. Which is confusing, because a meteoroid is definitively a small, sand-to-boulder-sized object in space, with an asteroid being anything bigger than that or smaller than a comet.

Setra
2007-05-20, 03:24 AM
The way I remember the technical definitions, an object becomes a meteor when it enters a planetary atmosphere (and a meteorite when and if it exists after impact with the ground), size not being a distinction. Which is confusing, because a meteoroid is definitively a small, sand-to-boulder-sized object in space, with an asteroid being anything bigger than that or smaller than a comet.
Going with the dictionary, not encyclopedic definition..

me·te·or
–noun
1. Astronomy.
a. a meteoroid that has entered the earth's atmosphere.
b. a transient fiery streak in the sky produced by a meteoroid passing through the earth's atmosphere; a shooting star or bolide.

The Wikipedia definition is

Meteor

A meteor is the visible event that occurs when a meteoroid or asteroid enters the earth's atmosphere and becomes brightly visible. For bodies with a size scale larger than the atmospheric mean free path (10 cm to several meters) the visibility is due to the heat produced by the ram pressure (not friction, as is commonly assumed) of atmospheric entry. Since the majority of meteors are from small sand-grain size meteoroid bodies, most visible signatures are caused by electron relaxation following the individual collisions between vaporized meteor atoms and atmospheric constituents. The meteor is just what we see.

Sephiroth
2007-05-20, 04:22 AM
Going with the dictionary, not encyclopedic definition..

me·te·or
–noun
1. Astronomy.
a. a meteoroid that has entered the earth's atmosphere.
b. a transient fiery streak in the sky produced by a meteoroid passing through the earth's atmosphere; a shooting star or bolide.

The Wikipedia definition is

wait just a darn second meter in any ff game is a summon or summon the meter in the space not FROM space but in earth amtospear so it will heat up but not disintegrate also it might just be a BIG meteor which then break up and deal damage Plus it a game i don't care about realness unless it a shooting game which head shot are one hit kills if you know what i mean

Yuki Akuma
2007-05-20, 06:31 AM
Blue Magic in general, and Thousand Needles in particular.

I just like non-generic spells. And it's fun to throw a Thousand Needles spell at a Cactaur.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-05-20, 12:57 PM
Well, yes, Sephiroth. But I was speaking of FFVII's Meteor spell in particular, and how it was extremely appropriately named. It's called Meteor, it summons a gigantoid meteor from space. Then there was pedantry over how large something could be and still be a "meteor" not an "asteroid", when, of course, actual size is not the distinction between the two. This argument arose solely because of my comment on the spell's appropriate name.

Whatever you were complaining about, I hoped this addressed it.

Anyway, I just remembered Rasp from FFVI. Take that, MagiMaster!

Sephiroth
2007-05-20, 03:46 PM
oooooookkay what the hell just happen EXPLAIN NOW

anyway i was thinking how is shadow flare so POWERFUL well it an yellow or blue magic and it non element and less mp then flare and it attack all party still i think it rules

DreadArchon
2007-05-20, 07:04 PM
Holy (several) is nice, but Quick (FF6) wins.

Because whatever else you may like, I'm sure it's probably better when you do it twice.

Merton (FF6) is fun when fire heals you, though.

Edit: Actually, Merton is always fun when you can survive it, but I never can without items for that purpose. Still, I really like the spell.

Raven T.
2007-05-20, 07:36 PM
For personal use, I like Flare for flashy damage. Especially casting it from a sword in FFV. Eight times per round.

Good times right there...good times. Wish I could play that again. Not much story, but the job system made it a lot more fun.

RandomNPC
2007-05-20, 08:37 PM
Faveorate: Shadow Flare, just for looks.

least: any Earth elemental style spells, specifically quake. when a quarter of your oponents are flying birds or insects it gets kinda silly, and the games are all based around fire cold and lightning anyway.

funniest: frog.

Setra
2007-05-20, 10:08 PM
Good times right there...good times. Wish I could play that again. Not much story, but the job system made it a lot more fun.
Well they re-released it on the GBA (Though the new classes suck, the old ones are still fun, and the game is largely the same, though with a better translation)

Wolfie_1066
2007-05-22, 09:54 AM
i havent quite played all the FF's most of you had but from the ones i have played i would say most summon magics are my fav (i mean cmon you can summon a big honking tonberry is FF8!) i like the King Tonberry summon and for a normal spell...probly slow in FF12 i have nowhere NEAR finished the game (stupid giza plains) but from what ive seen so far that spell ownz :smallamused:

my LEAST is probly any first level black magic spell because one it looks like someone either: pulled out a torch and threw it, dumped a bucket of water on someone, held up a fork in a lightning storm, or left the freezer open a lil too long.

Funny...hmmm...i always sort of laughed when the Megas sisters (secret summon in FFX) (bug ladys) used they're overdrive :smalltongue: SUPER TRIANGLE RAINBOW ATTACK! seriously its a big scene and the end is just sort of anticlimactic...just a little rainbow beam hitting the triangle...then everything blows up...just a big anticlimax :smallamused:

Sephiroth
2007-05-22, 11:30 AM
yet it meant to be SO powerful (Magus sis overdrive ) also amines one is powerful but at time of use wise bahumalt is the most powerful

Duke Malagigi
2007-05-22, 10:20 PM
I'll do this one by type. Be gentle, I've only played IV and VI.

Black Magic:

Best
FF4 & 6- Meteor, it does a lot of damage and is fun to watch, whee.
FF4 & 6- Nuke. Any spell that can wipe out any thing but cockroaches and the Tick is a good offensive spell indeed.
FF4 & 6- any Elemental 3 spell

Worst
FF4- Frog, just turns people into frogs. Absolutely worthless spell.

Funniest
FF6- X-Zone in conjunction with Vanish.

White Magic:

Best
FF4 & 6- White (FF4), Pearl (FF6)
FF4 & 6- Life 3. In FF6 it becomes a contingent resurrection.
FF6- Berserk. It keeps your enemies from casting spells.
FF4 & 6- Wall. Cast on Ashura to deflect her Cure spells to the party. Then cast on one party member to bounce offensive spells at her. Later cast on more than one party member to bounce offensive spells at Leviathan, then have Rydia call Ashura to heal the party when needed.(FF4)

Worst
FF4 & 6- Charm. Not much point to it really.

Funniest
FF6- Vanish in conjunction with X-Zone

Summons:

Best
FF4 & 6- Odin
FF4- Ashura
FF4- Sylph

Worst
FF4- Chocobo. Only useful at very low levels.

Funniest
FF4- Chocobo
FF4- Ashura. See Wall.

Setra
2007-05-22, 11:41 PM
I'll do this one by type. Be gentle, I've only played IV and VI.Two of the best

Best
FF4 & 6- Nuke. Any spell that can wipe out any thing but cockroaches and the Tick is a good offensive spell indeed.I don't recall Nuke being in FFVI, or IV.

Worst
FF4- Frog, just turns people into frogs. Absolutely worthless spell.As a frog, an enemy has incredibly low defense, just saying

Best
FF4 & 6- Odin
FF4- Ashura
FF4- Sylph
All - Bahamut :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Duke Malagigi
2007-05-23, 01:02 AM
I don't recall Nuke being in FFVI, or IV.

Really? I thought it was in at least one of those games.
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/3/31/Nuke.PNG

Setra
2007-05-23, 02:04 AM
Really? I thought it was in at least one of those games.
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/3/31/Nuke.PNG
Odd.. I suppose it's probably Easytype, then.

I've never played Easytype.

In the newer versions it's just Flare.

DreadArchon
2007-05-23, 10:31 AM
It was Nuke in the SNES version. (IIRC it might have looked cooler there too, but I don't remember for sure.)

Indon
2007-05-23, 11:35 AM
Odd.. I suppose it's probably Easytype, then.

I've never played Easytype.

In either case (be it a 'nuke', or a solar 'flare'), it's still a reference to an atomic explosion.

And thus awesome.

Raven T.
2007-05-23, 12:40 PM
If you want to throw summons into the mix, I like Phoenix from FF V and Titan.

Setra
2007-05-23, 10:36 PM
It was Nuke in the SNES version. (IIRC it might have looked cooler there too, but I don't remember for sure.)
Exactly, the SNES American version is Easytype. For some reason we didn't get Hardtype til it was released on the PSX.

The GBA version is similar to hardtype, but easier.

Perducci
2007-05-23, 11:00 PM
Favorite spells:
FF1- XXXX and ZAP!...with names like that how can you not like them. And whoever bad mouth the black mage is wrong wrong and wrong. I play BM as my first character. Mostly because he looks the coolest in the overworld. Half the other characters look like A) they aren't wearing pants or B) they just put on the PJays and are ready for nappy time.

SITB
2007-05-24, 02:33 AM
My favourite spell would be Indignation from TOP(Tales Of Phantasia), gotta love a spell which kills any enemy you face and deals the boss 6000~7000 right when you get it.

My favourite spell from FF would be Meteo from(FF4), it's heralded as the most powerful spell ever, and it is!

My favourite summon however is Choco Mob: St. Valentine's Day Attack (http://captainsnes.com/?date=20020612).

Or for a non fictitious one, Bahamut.

Sephiroth
2007-05-24, 05:28 AM
all of the mega flares are the best it l33t powerfullnes IT AWESOME

DreadArchon
2007-05-24, 11:52 AM
Exactly, the SNES American version is Easytype. For some reason we didn't get Hardtype til it was released on the PSX.
Oh, got it. I knew they were different difficulty levels, but for some reason seeing them given as one word didn't click with me.

(Side note: On the SNES, I beat Zeromus at around level 45 with a bit of effort. On the PSX, my party was in the low 70's when they got there the first time, and he mopped the floor with me in less time that it took Rydia to charge up a Meteo. :smalleek: )

Setra
2007-05-24, 04:08 PM
Oh, got it. I knew they were different difficulty levels, but for some reason seeing them given as one word didn't click with me.

(Side note: On the SNES, I beat Zeromus at around level 45 with a bit of effort. On the PSX, my party was in the low 70's when they got there the first time, and he mopped the floor with me in less time that it took Rydia to charge up a Meteo. :smalleek: )
It's not just difficulty level, there are a few other changes as well (I don't recall them all, but the one I remember most is the fact Cecil doesn't get Dark Wave in Easytype).

On topic: After playing a bit more FFXII I found a lot of love for Berserk. Berserk Rage! Glowy Red Aura! Increased Attack Power! Increased Attack Speed! :smallbiggrin:

Duke Malagigi
2007-05-24, 04:27 PM
It's not just difficulty level, there are a few other changes as well (I don't recall them all, but the one I remember most is the fact Cecil doesn't get Dark Wave in Easytype).

On topic: After playing a bit more FFXII I found a lot of love for Berserk. Berserk Rage! Glowy Red Aura! Increased Attack Power! Increased Attack Speed! :smallbiggrin:

My party (Cecil, Rosa, Kane, Edge and Rydia) couldn't beat Zeromus at 56th level. And that was in U.S. Easytype.

Raven T.
2007-05-24, 04:39 PM

My problem with that spell was that, at low levels, the guy I had that was going to use it (second playthrough, then girlfriend had to take her Playstation back) would only successfully cast it once or maybe twice, burning through his mana pool quite quickly. I suspect at higher levels, this problem might go away, but I never got a chance to experiment with it enough.

Setra
2007-05-24, 05:35 PM
My problem with that spell was that, at low levels, the guy I had that was going to use it (second playthrough, then girlfriend had to take her Playstation back) would only successfully cast it once or maybe twice, burning through his mana pool quite quickly. I suspect at higher levels, this problem might go away, but I never got a chance to experiment with it enough.
Actually you can triple your MP with quickenings quite early on. When 70 MP turns into 210, suddenly the 10MP doesn't seem as much.

Also, I don't actually cast it that much... so much as use an item with the same effect, because it only works like 25% of the time.

My party (Cecil, Rosa, Kane, Edge and Rydia) couldn't beat Zeromus at 56th level. And that was in U.S. Easytype.
Well I never said Easytype was easy so much as easier.

Then again I've never played it, but my friends who have say it is.

Raven T.
2007-05-24, 06:00 PM
Yeah, if you want to grind wolves forever (which I did anyway.)

Even so, when it only casts once every 10 or so tries and Berserk doesn't last long enough to refill the mana bar, you run into problems.

I need to play it again...I want to see if I can use poles in an endgame situation (wound up running from most of the critters in the final dungeon the first time for MP and party reasons.)