PDA

View Full Version : Unscrupulous Adventure - Chapter I [LONG READ!]

ufo
2007-05-06, 01:23 PM
Okay, here's first chaper of my story, that I might continue at some time, if I stop being lazy (etcetera).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter I
An Unpleasant Flight

The man pressed his forehead on the iron bars in the cell in the small police spaceship. Small for a government ship, at least. He was wondering how deep the marks in his forehead would be afterwards. Perhaps he could even beat his own record! Anyhow, he had nothing else to do, while waiting to be transported to that 'small stupid Prison asteroid', or 'Spa', as it was actually called in the everyday by most people on the nearby planets. No one really understood why they still used that prison. The average prisoners coming in every week was 100-300, which was ridiculously low. The average number of escapees every week would be some 100-200. The only punishment for going to that particular prison was waiting for 2 or three days, plus one or two, depending on how far away the prison transport has to travel to get you to the prison in the first place. The man heard a tired voice, speaking strangely loud, considering this was a prison transport ship. ”Hey. Why are you in here? We weren't even supposed to transport prisoners this run to Beef 6.” he laughed loudly at the last part of his sentence. The man looked up, only now realizing that out of the total 6 cells, he was the only prisoner. ”Well, you could look me up on one of those handy police-compies of yours, I'm sure you have one of those around.”. The guard was clad in light white armour, his helmet hanging in a thin rope-like material from his waist-down. He was sitting on a stool, his white rifle standing against the bars in the opposite end of the room. The guard grumbled, rose and from a nearby simplistic metal table took a laptop, sat down and put the laptop on his thighs. He opened the screen and began tapping for a few second. He looked up, at the man behind the bars. ”So, watcha name?” he said, nervously quick. The man, having only just noticed himself that he again put his forehead on the bars, looked up, and in a sarcastic tone said: ”M. W. Inyourface.”. The guard made a small grin, and began tapping the keys on the laptop. At first, the man was suprised that the guard actually searched for the name, but then he remembered that he even killed someone named Inyourface. Two times.

”There are 15 in this system currently, without FogDevies, named M. W. Inyourface.” the guard said, slowly. The man in the cell was about to laugh, but supressed the urge. ”What is your full name?” the guard asked, looking up at the man. ”Mybutt Willbe Inyourface.” the man answered. The guard began tapping. The man was terrified at the guard's stupidity, but a few seconds later, the guard looked up. ”Oh, I see.” the guard said, in a vengeful tone.
The man laughed heartily, soon upgrading his laughter to rolling of the floor, laughing. The guard rose from the chair and looked at the man laying on the floor, laughing. He crossed his arms. After a few seconds, the man was done laughing, still snickering, while brushing away the tears on his face. ”Be glad I don't have 'e perms ta blow your hea' off!” the guard yelled, angrily. The man in the cell grinned and went to the back of the cell. If the whole trip to the prison went like this, it might even be worth it to go to that prison more. He would escape anyways, so it wouldn't matter.

He rested his back at the cell wall. He had been in these spaceship cells countless times, and still wondered why they didn't install something to sit on, or atleast a bunk or something, for sleeping. He looked for the guard, who had apparently left his post. ”Meh..” the man in the cell mumbled. ”Looks like I won't have more fun ridiculing him. Not right now.” he whispered to himself in a teasing tone. He went to the front of the cell, put his hand on the bars and tried to see as much of the room as possible. ”Wouldn't be bad with a spaceship like this.” he mumbled to himself. The thought of escape and capture of the ship occured to him, but he decided not to. He could risk dying. And from those choices, he would prefer the prison with the lowest security in this solar system. He noticed that he had tightened his grib on the cell bars, as if he was preparing to fight. He relaxed and released the grip of the bars. In a split second, with no time to think, he was thrown to the other end of his cell, hearing a loud ”crack” from his back, as he fell to the floor. For a few seconds, he was afraid he had broken his back, but he was eventually able to stabilize and stand up. He looked around the cell. What had happened? He looked out the cell window. For a moment, all he could see was the black void, also known as 'space'. Suddenly, as out of nowhere, a small spaceship with cannons attached to it's sides emerged outside the window. The cannon charged, and a blue light consumed the govermental spaceship he was being transported in.

The man opened his eyes. He had pressed himself against the wall. He scractched his head. He had expected the ship to be blown to atoms by now. Was it a slow-working disintegrate laser? He looked out the window. It would seem that his ship was still covered in the blue aura. Only now saw he, that the ship was not moving anymore. The engines had been put out! He heard boots clanging against the metal floors close by. He walked to the cell bars. Suddenly, three guards ran by, weapons drawn, ready for battle. Only a few seconds later, another guard came running. The mark on the shoulder of his armour symbolized his higher rank. The guard looked back the way he came. ”Full thruster power! Engine's been blown out!” he yelled down the hallway from which he came. The guard saw the prisoner in the cell, nodded and ran the same way as the other guards.

The prisoner looked at the guard as he ran away. ”I hope this turns out to my advantage...” he mumbled to himself. He let loose of his grip on the bars and took a few steps back. What now?

Suddenly, as of out of nowhere, a large ”BLAM!” was heard in the direction the guards headed. The prisoner rushed to the cell door and looked down the wallway. The hallway ended in a corner and then turned left. ”Damned!” the prisoner exclaimed. He hated when he didn't have control of everything happening. A few, less noisy ”BLAM!”'s was heard from around the corner, and the high-ranking guard eventually came flying, landing in the corner, dead. ”Pray tell it's not these crazy-ass Spoitzkantz hanging out in this part of the system.” the prisoner mumbled, while trying to see if anything else was going on in the corner.

Finally, someone was in sight in the corner. It was a man with short brown hair, a long red shirt and light brown loose pants. In his hands he held a red pump-action rifle. He had goggles sitting in his forehead. ”Tell me about unprepared soldiers!” the intruder exclaimed, as if talking to someone. The intruder walked up the hallway, towards the cells. He seemed oddly relaxed, considering there were still guards on the ship. Only when he was just outside the prisoner's cell, the intruder noticed the man in the cell. ”Agah!” he humorously exclaimed, upon the shock of seeing the prisoner. A few seconds after, the intruder's face changed to a asking grin. ”Nobody told me this was a prisoner ship!” he exclaimed, jokingly. ”What did you say?” a deep, though soft voice yelled from around the corner. Not moving his eyes from the prisoner, the intruder calmly yelled back ”C'mere and see. I believe this is the wrong ship!”. ”Say WHAT?!” the voice from around the corner yelled back. Immideatly after, the scrambling of metal was heard, and what was like very heavy metal boots clanged against the floor. From around the corner emerged a most suprising sight. A large metal man, a bit taller than a well-grown man with bulky arms and legs walking in a half running, half walking amusing motion towards the cell. One of his hands was large with only three fingers. The other had a claw with a strange orange electricity field between the claws. The prisoner, that had not yet said anything to the intruders, looked quizically at the large metal figure. ”Well, holy FOINK!?” he exclaimed loudly. ”Wow, I must say. A most welcoming greeting.” the man in the red shirt looked jokingly at the prisoner. The prisoner looked back at the man. ”Now that we're introduced, what about you get me outta this metal box?” he said clamly. The metal man and the man in the red shirt looked at eachother at exactly the same time. They both looked back at the prisoner.

Before he knew what happened, the prisoner had armed himself with one of the guard's rifles. As they walked past the cells, the smiled at his previous cell, now with all the bars spread to the sides in an overly comfortable hole. Good for escaping. ”So, whatcha name?” the man in the red shirt asked the prisoner, as he checked a corner and waved the others forward. The prisoner looked suspicously at the man, but decided to just say it. ”Aikken.” he said, short and stumpily. ”Maddock.” the man in the shirt calmly said as he checked another corner. The big metal man raised one of the three metal fingers on his hand. ”Pup.”. Aikken grinned. ”Pup?” he asked almost laughing. ”Mm...” Maddock answered. Pup pointed at Maddock. ”Yeh. He created me. I was supposed to be some faithful dog of some kind, though that did not go to well. I wasn't even supposed to have emotions.”. Maddock turned around, angrily. ”Yes, that is a long-gone chapter. Let's forget it and keep watching out for more guards, shall we?” he turned away and kept checking the way in front of them. Aikken and Pup looked at each other, smiling teasingly. Suddenly, a small ”blam” was heard behind them, and all they saw was a yellow bolt penetrating the air and ricochetting off the wall infront of them. They all turned around and crouched, as of reflex. ”You two were supposed to check our back!” Maddock yelled angrily, desperately trying to find cover. ”I assumed you had cleared the way back there when you came!” Aikken screamed, panicly. Maddock had found a corner and sat behind it. ”Get down you two!” he yelled. Another bullet hit the wall behind them. Maddock leaned out, took aim and fired a shot. ”The corridors must be circular. You should know that, you were prisoner!” Maddock yelled at Aikken. ”I tend to keep people behind me to take the first shot, no complains will be accepted!” Aikken yelled back, trying to find a comfortable position for shooting while laying down. He fired a shot down the hallway in the direction the shots came from. Guard started popping out from behind the corners, shooting at them. ”Just what we needed, a firefight! We're pinned!” the hysterical Maddock screamed. ”Hold on...” Maddock said only seconds later, calmly. Half a minute later, a large metal object hit the floor between Aikken and Pup. ”The foink?” Aikken exclaimed. ”HaHAH!” Pup exclaimed, while taking the metal box with his claw. He aimed the box in the general direction of the guards, and – to the shock of Aikken – he sent the metal box flying with an orange energy ray behind it, emitting from the claw. The speed of the box was astonishing, which was proved when it hit a guard, smashed him against the opposing wall, leaving a deep mark. ”And I thought I was the only unscroupolous person!” Aikken said jokingly. Aikken and Pup worked their way on their feet and quickly ran around the corner to Maddock. Maddock, still sitting look quizically at Pup. ”So?”. Pup peaked around the corner, to see the guards retreating and a medic treating the wall-smashed, while they all tried to overcome the metal box obstacle in their flight. ”I think we're good to go for now!” Pup said, optimisticly.

”It's blocked!” Maddock said, frustrated at the sixth try to get the door to the bridge open. ”It's blocked!”, he repeated ”It's blocked!!” he yelled. ”All this god damned trouble and it's BLOCKED!” he screamed. ”Can't Pup just destroy it?” Aikken asked. ”Nay, it has an atomic-powered anti-electronic field.” Pup answered. ”Wha'?”. Pup sighed. ”If I touch it my systems will be paralyzed in a split second for as long as I touch it. I can't do anything!” Pup sighed again. ”Can't you just shoot something at it with that handy-dandy claw of yours?” ”No, the object I shoot is still connected to my power source as long as it is moving. Upon collision with the door, the flight of the object would stop with no harm done to the door.” Pup sighed a third time. Aikken sat down in the hallway. ”Well, now that we're forced to take a break anyways, how about you two tell me why you're here?” Maddock looked at Aikken, still visibly frustrated. ”We didn't know it was a prison transport. ' Thought they had useful equipment in here, in the form of advanced docking devices and hopefully shields for our ship.”. A loud clanging against the floor was heard on the other side of the door. They all got up quickly, Maddock and Aikken aiming for the door and Pup planning where he should hit potential enemies.

The door slowly started disappearing in the wall to the right. About halfway it stopped. They all looked quizically at the half-open door and what they could see of the room behind. Suddenly, 4 tube formed grenades calmly rolled along the floor into the hallway. ”Fukkow!!” Pup exclaimed while turning around and kicking Aikken in the stomach, making him fly a few metres away. Maddock quickly jumped away, fortunately succeeding in kicking one of the grenades back into the room from where they came. Aikken was only just able to get back up, before a large explosion threw him a few more metres into another wall, with Maddock following close after. Aikken quickly got up and shot a single shot randomly into the following smoke, in the general direction of the door he knew was there. ”Rest in peace, Pup..” he comments, not especially emotionally. Maddock grinned. ”Whatcha talking 'bout? Pup can easily take a few grenades. I am his creator, after all!” Maddock says, laughing while shooting a single time into the smoke and pulling the pump-action reload mechanism.
Shortly after, Aikken and Maddock heard Pup coughing from the smoke, that was beginning to lift. ”Hold on... Pup, who is a robot, coughs, ergo have lungs?!” Aikken asked, almost desperately. ”No..” Maddock answered while firing another time in the direction of the door. ”He just pretends to have..”
Aikken shook his head, smiling at the weirdness of his new aquintances.

”Okay, we're storming the bridge, Pup first, then we follow. Use Pup as cover. Make sure not to destroy anything that even vaguely resembles usable stuff!” Maddock said, sounding like he's pretending to be intelligent. Pup and Aikken nodded, and Pup calmly went through the (now-gone) door. As soon as he entered the bridge, several projectiles ricochettet off his breast and forehead. He saw 6-7 soldiers firing intensively at him, to no avail. Suddenly, Maddock popped out behind Pup, fired a shot, hitting one of the soldiers in the breast, sending him flying a metre. Aikken liked the sound of a pump-action rifle reloading. He had no idea why. Shortly thereafter, Aikken popped out from behind Pup, shot three times in the general direction of one of the soldiers. He covered behind Pup again. He listened intensely, trying to ignore the sound of projectiles hitting a large metal man. He didn't hear the soldier fall to the ground. He didn't hit. Damned.

In a matter of minutes, the guards were 'gone', and the bridge was clear. Maddock laid his pump-action rifle on the floor and walked to the controlling instruments. ”What now?” Aikken asked. ”Im gonna de-attach the shield generator, and perform a cargo transmission to our ship.” Maddock answered. He tapped the different buttons for a bit. ”'kay, let's return to ship.” Maddock turned to Aikken. ”I guess we have to transport you to a nearby port. I trust you're not the kind who talks two much.” Aikken grinned. They walked back past the cells and down to the hallway. Here, Aikken saw a square hole in the wall, with an extremely short corridor and the interior of a small space pod visible on the other side. Pup and Maddock had used a small boarding pod to open the spaceship door. Not a very common tactic. They walked via the small corridor to the small spaceship on the other side. Maddock pressed a button, and the small corridor released the police ship shortly after the door linking the boarding pod and corridor had closed. Aikken could through the 'windshields' of the boarding pod see the spaceship he had seen outside his prison cell a bit away. After a few seconds flight, they had boarded the other spaceship and the boarding pod was 'parked' in the electronic cargo field. They all arrived at the bridge, with the planet Aikken had been transported from only hours before dominating most of the view from the front window. The planet was mostly sand-brown, because it was a desert planet, with a few barely visible blue spots of water here and there. Here and there, there were large black and grey spots where the large cities laid. This was 'Beef-6', or, it's correct name, B33F-6, hence the slang name. The ship shaked a little when the engines were turned on. Maddock turned his head away from the controls and looked at Pup. ”Activate thrusters. I'd rather pay for an extra power recharge than be here when the patrols come by!”. With a nod Pup acknowledged and pulled a small lever. The ship shaked for several seconds, before B33F-6 was visibly getting closer by the second.

Only three and a half hours later, Aikken could distunguish every building in the capital on B33F. They were soon radioed by a rusty voice. ”Lower speed to 210 holnds an hour and commence docking. If speed is higher than 250 holnds an hour a force field will reject your ship. Maddock looked questioning at the radio while Aikken exclaimed ”Holy foink, when did that rule get implemented?!”. ”Since after we left this port!” Maddock answered. Panicly he turned around. ”Pup! Turn all thrusting power off! Engage ****ing emergency brakes or we're trash!!” Pup obeyed with a salute and quickly pulled the small lever upwards, went to a nearby instrument-board, tapped some of the buttons with his one hand, pulled another nearby lever.

They all hit the front window with a large 'SMAF', before falling back on the ground. ”That's one effective emergency brake!” Aikken exclaimed while trying to get up. Maddock got up. ”We're lucky I ported over an anti-gravity field generator from the prison transport, or we'd be speeding against the ground 7000 holdns a second by now.”
Without a word, Pup went to the instruments, tapped some buttons and the ship starting moving – slowly. Maddock went to the instruments, sat down in the office chair and turned on the radio. ”Requesting radio contact with B33F-6 Alpha Port Service.” he said calmly in the microphone. Shortly thereafter, a soft mechanical female voice answered ”Permission granted. Please wait 5 seconds to get contact to one of our members. Contact B33F-6 Alpha Radio Service if problems occur. Have nice day.”. A click was heard from the radio, and the same rusty voice as before appeared. ”Yes?” he asked. ”Captain Maddock here. When did that docking speed limit get implemented?”. The voice in the radio mumbled at the outright question. After a few seconds, the voice answered. ”Only couple 'a hour since registration 003514552 left, which I indentify as yer sh'p cap'n Maddock!”. Maddock sweared a bit ”Why the heck was that implemented so promptly?”. ”Ye almos' sound like I know it!” the voice answered. Maddock sighed. ”Maddock out..” he mumbled and turned the radio off.

The spaceship bumped slightly as it landed on the landing pad. Aikken walked for the door out, and turned around. ”Is it safe to take main door, or do you have certain aquintances on this planet?” Aikken asked with a hint of wit. ”Right-o you are!” Pup answered. Aikken crossed his arms and looked suspicously at Maddock and Pup. ”Who is it that you have beef with?” the pun was clearly intended. Maddock turned around and looked at Aikken. ”Yeah, that's the actual problem...” he scratched his backhead. ”... the government...” he said, barely hearable. ”The government's actually after you – officially? Openly?” Aikken asked, suprised. ”Yeh, we don't tend to do things the sneaky way...” Pup answered, while looking up. Aikken sighed. ”Well, if you're done complaining, can I lead your majesty to the escape route?” Maddock said, annoyed. Maddock walked first, then Aikken, then Pup, into a small tunnel leading from under the ship and down in the landing pad, descending into an underground tunnel. When under the landing pad, Maddock found a panel, pressed some buttons and the linking tunnel slowly folded together. All this was near impossible to be seen from outside the landing pad. ”And you do this everytime you land on B33F-6? You have special landing pads everywhere?” Aikken asked. ”Nay, this is specially built for us. We've got contacts to make up for the constant stalking by the police!” Pup pointed out, with his finger pointed in the air.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there's a few thousand typos in there. You're welcome (a.k.a. encouraged) to point them out.

Gimme comments, you lousy readers!