PDA

View Full Version : What would be a good prestige class for a Minotaur level 6 barbarian?

jangartharn1
2015-08-13, 10:32 AM
So I'm doing a d&d 3.5 campaign run by a superb dm and I'm playing a Minotaur we got to a point where we can now take prestige classes so I'm looking for one that would fit a Minotaur barbarian with the basic high strength high constitution and average stats the rest of the way thanks.

ComaVision
2015-08-13, 10:55 AM
So I'm doing a d&d 3.5 campaign run by a superb dm and I'm playing a Minotaur we got to a point where we can now take prestige classes so I'm looking for one that would fit a Minotaur barbarian with the basic high strength high constitution and average stats the rest of the way thanks.

Frenzied Berserker?

OldTrees1
2015-08-13, 10:58 AM
War Hulk! (Miniatures Handbook)
Your attacks hit 3 squares of targets rather than a mere 1 target.
You get more Strength.
Ever wanted to throw boulders?
It is exclusive to Large+ individuals.

Twurps
2015-08-13, 10:59 AM
It would help if you could provide us with your current build so we know what you can qualify for.
Also: What are you trying to accomplish with the build? And what power level do you want?

If I ever build a barbarian minotaur though, I would go for 'War hulk' (Miniatures handbook p22), or Hulking hurler (Complete Warrior p40). (Or combine the two if you want books thrown at you)

edit: swordsaged on the war hulk: It's just that good!

Nifft
2015-08-13, 11:01 AM
What books?

Can you take magic stuff?

Do you already have Pounce from something?

ExLibrisMortis
2015-08-13, 11:03 AM
You can emulate the minotaur patron demon, Baphomet (Fiendish Codex 1). He fights with a wounding glaive, using Power Attack and Awesome Blow. Combines well with War Hulk and Frenzied Berserker, as suggested above.

OldTrees1
2015-08-13, 11:36 AM
You can emulate the minotaur patron demon, Baphomet (Fiendish Codex 1). He fights with a wounding glaive, using Power Attack and Awesome Blow. Combines well with War Hulk and Frenzied Berserker, as suggested above.

Awesome Blow.

Um. I think you would want Knockback(Races of Stone) instead.
(Pushback << Awesome Blow << Knockback)

jangartharn1
2015-08-13, 11:37 AM
At the moment it seems in just the party tank I'm hoping to do a bit of damage and health so war hulk and Bezerker sound great the problem is I'm in a group of high damage no health guys the next closest to me in health is a warforged monk and he has I think about 45 and I'm about 70 so I'm not sure if my group needs another damage dealer. And thanks guys for giving all these good ideas. :)

jangartharn1
2015-08-13, 11:41 AM
And also im running with a dwarves war axe some hide armor and a heavy steel shield (the basic barbarian kind of stuff.) And I'm hoping to get into a more "unique"kind of prestige class that does damage and can tank and all in all in fun. :)

jangartharn1
2015-08-13, 11:43 AM
And yea we are allowed magic items the problem is the party is very greedy we be found magic items but everybody starts fighting over every bit of loot and no offense I couldn't care less about a plus 1 dagger so at the moment I don't have any magical items (or a lot of gold at the point.) :)

Nifft
2015-08-13, 11:46 AM
And also im running with a dwarves war axe some hide armor and a heavy steel shield (the basic barbarian kind of stuff.) And I'm hoping to get into a more "unique"kind of prestige class that does damage and can tank and all in all in fun. :)

If you're not Chaotic, then a fun PrC might be Knight of the Sacred Seal from Tome of Magic. It's a full BAB class but you have to take a few levels of Binder first, which buys you access to Vestiges (supernatural powers that are not spells, which you can use in armor, at-will, all day).

After 5 levels of Knight of the Sacred Seal, you're an Outsider and you have DR 10/magic, plus a bunch of other perks. It's very solid for a melee character on features alone, but also some of the Vestiges will grant you Pounce.

ComaVision
2015-08-13, 11:47 AM
You're around level 5 without any magic items? That's really rough, definitely not normal D&D. Also, you should switch out your axe and shield for a two handed weapon, a lot more damage that way. Just so you know, Mithral Full Plate counts as medium armour.

jangartharn1
2015-08-13, 04:59 PM
Yep it's not really a normal campaign we have a lawful good fighter who thinks its ok to torture people for the "greater" good and kicks and giggles and a wizard who gets a bit too much in character like really in character.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-08-13, 09:11 PM
Um. I think you would want Knockback(Races of Stone) instead.
(Pushback << Awesome Blow << Knockback)
Probably, I'm just telling you what Baphomet uses :smalltongue:.

jangartharn1
2015-08-13, 09:13 PM
Well thanks everybody for the help I'll research all these and I'll give an answer tomorrow.:)