PDA

View Full Version : Made and new setting then realized it was Order of the Stick world

gameogre
2015-08-13, 10:46 AM
Seriously I just spent hours thinking up a setting and once I was finished I realized it was the most cliché ridden order of the stick knock off I have ever seen. I LOVE IT!

Once I got over the shock, I tried to really plagiaries the heck out of it even more by adding Azure City and The Sapphire Guard. I even went and looked for a map but couldn't find one anywhere.

None of my players reads order of the stick(or anything else for that matter) so I can steal plot lines and the whole works if I want!

I always try and overdo it with deep histories and crap NOBODY but me ever cares about. I can't wait for this game to start now.

Has anyone gone through and listed all the relevant things from the comic that could be use in our home games?

Added- I wonder just how close I can talk them into making their characters to the Order of the Stick characters? These guys are really easy to manipulate!

They are my grown children and their wives and friends so I have the edge! Dad said Bards in this edition rock so maybe I will make one and use Int as my dump stat!

Ralanr
2015-08-13, 12:11 PM
Don't manipulate them into making characters based off of the comic. Let them decide what they want to make and be as neutral as possible with their choices.

It's as much their game as it is yours.

gameogre
2015-08-13, 02:41 PM
Don't manipulate them into making characters based off of the comic. Let them decide what they want to make and be as neutral as possible with their choices.

It's as much their game as it is yours.

Foiled once again by the voice of Reason! I hope you are proud of yourself!

Ralanr
2015-08-13, 02:55 PM
Foiled once again by the voice of Reason! I hope you are proud of yourself!

...Now I don't know if I failed to notice sarcasm in the first post.