PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder The Duelist (A Swashbuckler Archetype)

Aeris
2015-08-13, 12:25 PM
When you see Zoro, The Three Musketeers, The Dread Pirate Roberts, and Inigo Montoya (You killed my father, prepare to die.) They are not wearing armor of any sort, they are swift on their feet, cunning, and their blade is their shield. To this effect I wanted to create a Swashbuckler Archetype that works as such. At the same time I was wanting to pay homage to the 3rd Edition Sword and Fist guide. I am open to critique and this is my first attempt at trying to contribute to this community. So please let me know what you think as well as add any suggestions you might have. Its rather short and simple so here goes.

Canny Defense
At 1st level, when not wearing armor. The Swashbuckler adds their Charisma bonus to modify Armor Class while wielding a melee weapon. If the duelist is caught flat-footed or otherwise denied his Dexterity bonus, he also loses this bonus. (This ability Replaces Swashbuckler Finesse at 1st level)

Acrobatic Attack
At 5th level a Swashbuckler can spend 1 Panache and must make a successful acrobatics check. If the enemy is within 15 feet they gain a +2 on attack and damage rolls. The Swashbuckler must jump at, jump down upon, or swinging on a rope or similar object into his opponent. If the Swashbuckler fails their acrobatics check, then they take attacks of opportunity as normal when moving through threatened squares. (This bonus goes from +2 to +4 at level 12. This ability replaces Dodging Panache)

So what do you think? Please let me know!

Aeris
2015-08-14, 11:13 AM
BUMP! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!

I am hoping someone out there will see this and at least comment on weather or not this is good or needs some revision.