PDA

View Full Version : Current FR state of affairs?

Toofey
2015-08-13, 01:31 PM
So I've left off keeping up with the forgotten realms awhile ago (2nd ed ish) and I think I have a rough understanding of the current state of the realms, but I was wondering what I would have to read to have the timeline and to understand the current state of affairs.

Anyone have a list of what I should read (preferably materials and not novels) that would give me a clear understanding of the Wizard's sanctioned time line?

JohnnyCancer
2015-08-14, 12:18 AM
The Grand History of the Realms is probably a good place to start. It's already several years old, having been released in 2007. It goes right up to the events leading into the 4th edition version of the setting.

gadren
2015-08-14, 03:07 AM
The Grand History of the Realms is probably a good place to start. It's already several years old, having been released in 2007. It goes right up to the events leading into the 4th edition version of the setting.

I've gathered from reading that Forgotten Realms reading that when 5e came along, a lot of the stuff that happened to FR in 4e got "fixed", like Mystra dying.

Steampunkette
2015-08-14, 06:24 AM
Retconning 4e into a false timeline.

Yora
2015-08-14, 06:41 AM
I got the impression that everything that happend in 4th edition did actually happen, but now things change again to be a lot more like they were in 3rd. Resurrecting dead gods is nothing new to the setting and cities are easily rebuild. And continents that suddenly appeared from another dimension can just as easily disappear again.