PDA

View Full Version : Help with a somewhat nova build..

EastbySoutheast
2015-08-13, 05:53 PM
Hi playground,
So I don't consider myself an optimiser my I like to make interesting and flavourful builds which are effective in combat. The campaign I'm playing in my character has retired cause his ego got in the way too much so his party has mutinied against him (I still left as a character choice and there's no hard feelings so all is well). This means I get to roll a new character.
The campaign is set to run until the players are around level 15 so I want the build to progress this whole time and be interesting throughout with it becoming highly effective into the later levels. My character will be joining at level 6

Anyway the build as I would be joining is as follows:
Rogue 3{assassin}/Warlock 2/ Fighter 1

The plan is to continue fighter progressions until at least 7th level of eldritch Knight (possibly house ruled to use charisma for casting and only pick from sorcerer spell list) so that the ability to use a cantrip and then a weapon attack as a bonus action will mean I can use eldritch blast and then loose an arrow and gain sneak attack. All of this being used with hex and actionsurge-ing during surprise rounds for automatic critical

My question is does anyone have better ideas for how I should go about this build or if it's worth doing at all?
Any comments/criticisms are appreciated

Haruki-kun
2015-08-13, 09:07 PM
The Winged Mod: Closing duplicate thread in favor of this one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?434010-Help-with-a-somewhat-nova-build).