PDA

View Full Version : [Spoiler] How do you want to see Xykon be destroyed?

Orchestration
2007-05-06, 04:06 PM
How do you want to see Xykon be finally and totaly destroyed?

I am not really 100% sure but I wanna see him fail in a fair-fight, not because he was arogant and made a mistake or due to some sheer luck.

I want him to know that despite everything he could have done that he was truely pathetic and useless, deafeated by the forces of Lawfull Good (Sorry has to be LG because of what he did to the Paladins).

I want him utterly broken, deafeated and suffering and I want to see him pay 10 fold for every crime he has commited.

Sure we know in the end the good guys will win but winning is not enough now, he must pay for what he has done, for all the people he has killed and all the suffering he is responciple for.

So err.. after my little rant how do you wanna see him be destroyed?

Enlong
2007-05-06, 04:12 PM
Wished into a Bag of Holding with his Phylactery, and then drop a Portable Hole into it.

Commander Hayes
2007-05-06, 04:20 PM
A massive battle that kills MITD, Xykon, Redcloak, and all but one of the Order, who's barely alive themselves at the end of it all, maybe in some way that destroys the Snarl or otherwise re-seals it, too, since that'd still be a loose end (pun not intended).

Poppatomus
2007-05-06, 04:23 PM
My personal favorite end for evil tyrannical characters is death by falling, which would be even more appropriate here.

Its the ultimate screw you because for the entire duration of the fall you know you will die, but there is nothing you can do about it, for all your power you are completely impotent. (think the emperor at the end of Return of the Jedi)

Also, it's a "fair" end. No one feels sympathetic for you for falling, there's no humiliation that might make people think, "oh he didn't deserve that." You just die.

I don't know what the appropriate setting for that would be, or by who's hand he should fall, but I think that's what I would like to see happen.

Commander Hayes
2007-05-06, 04:26 PM
Actually, wouldn't it be extremely easy to beat him with two disintegrates? One for the phylwhatever and one for him?

Geilan
2007-05-06, 04:32 PM
I wanna see him beaten by Roy, for some fairly obvious reasons.

:roy: You have been defeated by Roy Greenhilt!

:xykon: Roy Who-now?

PlasticSoldier
2007-05-06, 04:40 PM
Xykon can't die by falling he would just cast overland flight.

Geilan
2007-05-06, 04:42 PM
Drop him from excessive height over WATER! HA!

Surface tension does bad things.

Poppatomus
2007-05-06, 04:44 PM
Xykon can't die by falling he would just cast overland flight.

Understood. But the emperor couldn't get killed by Vader either, until he was.

It would probably have to be at the end of a long fight, or in an anti-magic field, or while he was distracted, or some such trope, but falling is my preferred method.

jindra34
2007-05-06, 04:56 PM
I wanna see a 200 ton pig dropped on him...

Finwe
2007-05-06, 05:02 PM
I think his hit points, and those of his phylactery should be reduced to less than 0.

Vulion
2007-05-06, 05:53 PM
Roy destroying them (both him and his phy...something or other) both!

Khoran
2007-05-06, 05:55 PM
Redcloak's inevitable betrayal. Simply crushes Xykon's Phallactery.

jindra34
2007-05-06, 05:58 PM
Redcloak's inevitable betrayal. Simply crushes Xykon's Phallactery.

Not yet... he just un-freeezes O-CHul...

Roquen
2007-05-06, 06:21 PM
I don't want to see him destroyed. I don't know where people get the idea that the bad guys will be destroyed ever. Really. I like Belkar and I like Xykon and I don't want to see them destroyed, or stopped or turning to the good guys. It's better when they sey "**** off" and kill the "good guy". :)

Duffren
2007-05-06, 06:34 PM
Ripped apart by the Snarl.

dekai
2007-05-06, 06:50 PM
He gets together with the Oots to kill the snarl (only to save himself) Then he gets killed by the snarl, and the oots kills the snarl, or traps him... or something.

Querzis
2007-05-06, 06:53 PM
Dismember him. Really, he is a skeleton after all, as long as you have +1 strength, its easy to take Xykon skull and arms of his body and once you do that (and gag him) what is he supposed to do? Nothing. You just bury the four (or six if you take of the legs too) parts of his body in different place and let him be. Not only will it be the end of Xykon, but it will also be the ultimate torture for him, an eternity of boring sand (or earth) all around him without being able to move.

Rai Thunder
2007-05-06, 06:57 PM
A massive battle that kills MITD, Xykon, Redcloak, and all but one of the Order, who's barely alive themselves at the end of it all, maybe in some way that destroys the Snarl or otherwise re-seals it, too, since that'd still be a loose end (pun not intended).

Well, that'd be Elan then. Even if that theory seems highly unlikely.

I believe Roy would have to be the one to defeat Xykon, even if someone else destroyed the phylactery. No-one else is able to do it, after all, and it makes so much sense in terms of the story.

NeonRonin
2007-05-06, 11:00 PM
Before Xykon is destroyed for good, I would like to see Hinjo and Argent playing Fetch with his still-conscious skull.

:xykon: Um, ok guys, you've had your little laugh, but this is getting really old. Can we just get this battle-to-your-death thing over with? And can you tell your stupid dire wolf to stop drooling on my crown?

I'm pretty sure that won't happen, but it'd be good for a laugh.

Izodor
2007-05-08, 05:46 AM
How do you want to see Xykon be destroyed?

I don't.

He should be killed by the destruction of the gate.

V says the words "Elan, touch the gate!" and the auto-destruction is activated.

The castle is destroyed and many people/goblins (including Xykon, V and Hinjo) die. The Linear Guild and Miko survive and are able to escape. The surviving Order of the Stick (Elan, Haley, Belkar en Durkon) search for Redcloak as he has the phylactery, but he has mysteriously been teleported by the fiends of #380 together with the Monster in the dark and Sabine for unknown reasons.

Nale, abbandoned by Sabine is now alone together with Thog and Miko. Miko will be under Nale's Charm spells and together with Thog he searches for revenge.

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-08, 06:18 AM
Anti-climatically. Maybe by having his bones softened by consuming too mcuh vinagar (possibly while trying to enjoy himself while making a new phalactory, with the old one having been destroyed some other way).

WNxHasoroth
2007-05-08, 06:19 AM
Xykon succeeds and manages to destroy all of the Martyr thingies. He then manages to open the gate and herald the Snarl through, only to get thoroughly owned by it.

Threeshades
2007-05-08, 06:51 AM
So err.. after my little rant how do you wanna see him be destroyed?

Not at all! He's my idol. He killed a whole order of paladins. That was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen *tear*

Jaysyn
2007-05-08, 07:02 AM
Nale, abbandoned by Sabine is now alone together with Thog and Miko. Miko will be under Nale's Charm spells and together with Thog he searches for revenge.

...although it'd be statistically impossible for Nale to charm Miko, a high level Monk / Paladin with a decent CHA score.

NeonRonin
2007-05-08, 07:14 AM
After reading #449, I would rather enjoy seeing Xykon flying out one of the throne room's windows. Not via the Overland Flight spell- I envision Soon Kim and the Ghost Brigade batting him into deep center field, where he lands on the huecuva and breaks both of them into many pieces.

Pronounceable
2007-05-08, 07:15 AM
I don't want Xykon to be destroyed. He's too cool to be destroyed.

But so was Palpatine. Sigh...

I think it'd be FAR better to permenantly incapacitate him. Imprisoned deep within the earth inside an antimagic zone or some such is a suitable ending for him. After all, every single evil he has commited was because he was BORED and looking for some FUN. An eternity of boredom and isolation is the worst fate he can possibly suffer...

And some hapless fools might release him by accident in a millenia or two. One can only hope...

tis_tom
2007-05-08, 07:23 AM
I reckon he'll be defeated by the snarl itself, and then the order will fight the snarl as the 'big bad' rather than Xykon. Who knows! Maybe the MitD will help them beat the snarl?

SeomanCC
2007-05-08, 07:36 AM
I don't. Xykon is a fun villain and I'd like to see him defeated and escape to annoy Roy another day :)

Sampi
2007-05-08, 10:19 AM
Xykon is a great BBEG, since you can kill him over and over again, and he pops out of his soul-hidey-place every time. This time, I hope the SG will do its job good.

Illiterate Scribe
2007-05-08, 10:44 AM
I've had a thought that Xykon will have destroyed everyone, the Order, the guardians, even redcloak - and then will walk up to the last gate, an evil smile on his skeletal face. Suddenly, he stops. There is a note pinned to the gate. What does it say? He looks closer:

I prepared explosive runes this morning.

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-08, 11:21 AM
I've had a thought that Xykon will have destroyed everyone, the Order, the guardians, even redcloak - and then will walk up to the last gate, an evil smile on his skeletal face. Suddenly, he stops. There is a note pinned to the gate. What does it say? He looks closer:

I prepared explosive runes this morning.

I doubt that would do enough damage to rekill him.