PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Suggestions?

kkortekaas
2007-05-06, 06:16 PM
Hey Folks,
I'm currently searching for a "Clear the Temple" or "Retrieve the Object" type adventure that I can run my players through in the next couple weeks. Preferably a one-off of some sort.

I'm currently dealing with a mixed bag of PC's
Goliath Fighter lvl 1, Human Evoker lvl 2, Human Ninja 2 & Elf Favoured Soul lvl 2

I've got access to about 4 years worth of Dungeon Magazine if anyone wants to suggest anything.

Apreciate the help!

blackout
2007-05-06, 06:44 PM
Are you going for a more hack-n'-slash run or a roleplaying run?

Dhavaer
2007-05-06, 06:46 PM
The Sunless Citadel. It was made for 3.0, but shouldn't be that hard to update.

kkortekaas
2007-05-07, 07:28 AM
Either / Or in all honesty,
my group is a nice split between RP and Hack 'n Slash

I'm also trying to stay away from a mega adventure ala The Sunless Citadel, this is meant to be a element in an on-going campaign and the Citadel will be
A) too long
b) I'd have to buy it first.

Keep up the suggestions.

KIDS
2007-05-07, 08:17 AM
I heartily recommend the Sunless Citadel too, if only the first level. It was quite fun.

But if you're trying to stay away from it... I recall The Shattered Circle, a loose adventure (not bound to a setting) designed for lvl 2s. Scary things are happening in the nearby ruins and heroes have to investigate etc.

the_tick_rules
2007-05-07, 09:00 AM
how about the old favorite of their employer being evil?

kkortekaas
2007-05-07, 09:04 AM
As it's the first adventure I'd rather not pull the evil employer just yet....Although that is in the works for later on.

Bender
2007-05-07, 09:47 AM
You could try "bounty hunters", a free adventure of module workshop (just search for it). It's clearing out a ruin to find a crystal, but the object to find could be anything of course. It might be a little bit too high level for now: 2-4

BrokenButterfly
2007-05-07, 10:37 AM
How about The Whispering Cairn? Nice mixture of role-play and dungeon-crawl. I'm DMing it for the second time now because I simply feel that it's a great adventure. Just advance everything up slightly, so that it's more of a second level challenge rather than a first level one.

CASTLEMIKE
2007-05-09, 11:52 PM
Don't forget Wizards has a lot of downloadable adventures of various levels for free which just need a little tweaking to update to your campaign.

Return to the Keep on the Borderlands as a PDF (Under $5 as a download but will need a little tweaking and can be set in any campaign and appropiate for your group).

The Sunless Citadel already mentioned.

The Shattered Gates of Slaughterhouse current.

ocato
2007-05-10, 02:30 AM
Well, you might like to drum up something yourself. I mean, just take a regular old plot hook (bandits stole X and are thought to be hiding out Y) and then sort of tweak it to be your own.

Oh no! A Princess kidnapped our dragon, please help us!