PDA

View Full Version : Vadalis Beastkeeper Trick?

kalos72
2015-08-14, 09:06 AM
I remember a reference to using this class to gain lots of magebred/companion style animals quickly but cant find it now. Something about a similar trick for druids about dismissing companions or some such?

Anyone help a brother out?

kalos72
2015-08-14, 02:16 PM
Maybe then something about a druid doing it perhaps? I think it was something like a improved druid animal companion could then be used as the start of an animal farm...to get more of the improved stats on the animals or some such?

That sound familiar to anyone maybe?

kalos72
2016-11-09, 10:23 AM
And it lives...

Can anyone help me understand this trick pls?

Inevitability
2016-11-09, 10:48 AM
Reach level 5 in the class. See your animal companion turn magebred. Release it (because of the class feature's wording, it doesn't lose the template). Pray for 24 hours and summon up another animal. Repeat.

supersonic29
2016-11-09, 10:59 AM
Reach level 5 in the class. See your animal companion turn magebred. Release it (because of the class feature's wording, it doesn't lose the template). Pray for 24 hours and summon up another animal. Repeat.

Is this just a joke of unleashing buffed animals unto the world or do you corral them into helping you somehow?

Inevitability
2016-11-09, 11:23 AM
Is this just a joke of unleashing buffed animals unto the world or do you corral them into helping you somehow?

Diplomacing them with Wild Empathy seems like it'd be the easiest way.

sleepyphoenixx
2016-11-09, 11:32 AM
Diplomacing them with Wild Empathy seems like it'd be the easiest way.
You can train them with Handle Animal or charm them with the least mark of handling.
You can also dominate them permanently if you have the lesser dragonmark and a cheap magic item. Or awaken them if you have the Syberis mark.

kalos72
2016-11-09, 12:18 PM
Whats the best build for this idea, I am not familiar with the class to be honest.

Afgncaap5
2016-11-09, 12:36 PM
Not to go DM fiat on the crunch of this rules trick, but isn't there a potential for the forces of nature being served to object to animals being figuratively (and literally?) farmed in this fashion? Like, it kinda makes more sense for a Vadalis Beastkeeper than a Druid, but I can also see potential other animal companions looking at the situation and saying "Wait, hang on, not quite so sure I wanna entwine my destiny with whatever's happening over there..."

Inevitability
2016-11-09, 12:42 PM
Whats the best build for this idea, I am not familiar with the class to be honest.

Ranger and paladin are the obvious entries, but a dip in druid (or even wizard) would also net you an animal companion. The other prerequisites are attainable by every class, though martials can obviously enter earlier.

You could go for a standard ubermount build, or focus on the melee side of the class. The main trick you want works either way.

A very unconventional build would go into Nar Demonbinder after taking enough VB levels, which could potentially add 8th-level spells to the build. Of course, such a move would considerably hurt melee ability.