PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity on Unarmed Damage

Cyussu
2015-08-14, 08:21 PM
Ok, so, I was bouncing around a couple things with a friend of mine. And something came up that neither of us could effectively find the answer of... Large Scorpion Kama(Using Monkey Grip, since it's a 1handed weapon as a medium) on a Monk with 2d10 base Unarmed Strike damage. Would that count it as 1 size larger? And if so, does that mean it stacks with Imp. Natural Attack to make it effectively a Huge Size weapon Main Hand, and a Large(Due to Imp. Natural) Off-Hand? Yes, I am fully aware this is not a great use of feats (Monkey Grip), but I was curious.

Curmudgeon
2015-08-14, 10:27 PM
The Scorpion Kama does damage equal to your unarmed strike, or that of a kama, whichever is greater. Changing the weapon's size doesn't change your unarmed damage at all; it does impose penalties to attack because of inappropriate weapon size. Monkey Grip can lessen the penalty.

Sagetim
2015-08-14, 11:36 PM
Enlarge person (and similar powers, spells, effects) can increase your size category. Depending on how your DM interprets it, being a half giant could count for unarmed damage. And there's probably spells or weapon enchantments that I'm not thinking of that allow you to count your unarmed damage as a size category bigger.

In that vein, there's a magic item called Bracers of Striking from Magic of Faerun that allows you to enchant them as if they were bludgeoning weapons and those weapon enhancements and abilities are applied to your fists. Which is totally cheaper than an amulet of mighty fists. Not sure about ki wraps.

Cyussu
2015-08-15, 12:26 AM
I knew about the spells and stuff, it was mainly using a Large Kama. I guess best bet for me would be either 2hand the Large Scorp Kama, or just go with normal 2 Mediums. Thank you ^^