PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Best wizard/cleric/theurge magic items?

Kraken
2015-08-14, 10:37 PM
For the first time in years, I'll be playing in a game where we start with a good amount of WBL (33,000, 8th level) and have been given the option to choose our magic items. Build is cleric1/wizard2/theurge5 (early entry via DM permission), focusing more on the wizard side, though not much is decided beyond that. I can't really remember the last time I had liberal item access in Pathfinder, so I'd love some recommendations, both to start with and for down the road, as there's a good chance there will be crafting downtime too. Tentatively I was just thinking of headband of int +4 and cloak of resistance +3, but neither of those are sacred. Edit: also, if I take item creation feats, it basically treats them as half cost for WBL. So if I took craft wondrous item a +6 int headband would basically cost 18k of my WBL.

Kurald Galain
2015-08-15, 02:54 AM
Given that you have a huge amount of spell slots and don't have more actions than anyone else, one of the first items you should be looking at is a Metamagic Rod of Quicken. Cast two spells in the same round, 3/d is golden for a mystic theurge.

And with Craft Wondrous, you can afford it. And your party will love you for taking that feat, too.

Kraken
2015-08-16, 07:11 PM
If I took the feat I could even grab that right now. Not a bad idea. Any other cool stuff out there? There's tons of unique magic items now, has power creep introduced anything worthwhile?