PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Additional uses for craft (weapon) or craft (armor)?

Corwin_of_Amber
2015-08-14, 10:47 PM
I'm going to play a paladin that was a blacksmith prior to receiving his higher calling. Now, paladins are not super great at crafting magic items and starting at level 6 means that crafting mundane weapons/armor won't be particularly useful outside of RP and making a pittance when we have downtime. I'd prefer to have more practical return out of my skill ranks, but I still

Are there any feats or options that require some ranks in a craft skill that give some benefit?

Oberon Kenobi
2015-08-14, 11:46 PM
There's Master Craftsman; it's not as big a benefit for you since you're (technically) a caster, but it gives you a better caster level, which is kinda neat.

Signature Skill can make you better at crafting, though that doesn't give you more things to do with the skill.

Equipment Trick (Anvil) gives you a couple of options, though they're not great unless you plan on breaking items a lot.

The Shattered Mirror discipline from Path of War: Expanded gives you cool things to do with Craft, like replacing a saving throw with a Craft check... unfortunately, you're limited to a small list of Craft skills, and blacksmithing is not among them. Perhaps if you could talk your GM into it, this would be an okay option.