PDA

View Full Version : Bleed damage v3.5

Yaitanos
2015-08-15, 09:05 AM
So what's the best method of inflicting bleed damage with a weapon?

Chronos
2015-08-15, 09:11 AM
Using the ambush feat Arterial Strike (Complete Warrior, I think) with the assassin spell Cursed Blade (Spell Compendium). They bleed until the wound is healed, and the wound can't be healed until they get a Remove Curse.

Yaitanos
2015-08-15, 09:23 AM
So if you made the weapon vile, what would happen?

Darrin
2015-08-15, 09:35 AM
Consider a pair of cutting wheels with the Wind and Fire feat (Secrets of Sarlona). Requires four feats, though.

Curmudgeon
2015-08-15, 09:49 AM
So if you made the weapon vile, what would happen?
There's no "vile" material or weapon enhancement. There are [Vile] feats: Vile Martial Strike makes you deal 1 point of bonus Vile damage with a specific type of weapon.

Yaitanos
2015-08-15, 10:01 AM
There's no "vile" material or weapon enhancement. There are [Vile] feats: Vile Martial Strike makes you deal 1 point of bonus Vile damage with a specific type of weapon.
Book of vile darkness. +1 weapon enhancement. Every time this weapon deals damage, it deals an additional 1 point of vile damage. If the weapon scores a critical, hit it deals 2 additional points of vile damage.

Curmudgeon
2015-08-15, 10:13 AM
Book of vile darkness. +1 weapon enhancement. Every time this weapon deals damage, it deals an additional 1 point of vile damage. If the weapon scores a critical, hit it deals 2 additional points of vile damage.
OK, thanks; I found it. Why is that not in the Equipment chapter with the weapons?

Yaitanos
2015-08-15, 10:38 AM
OK, thanks; I found it. Why is that not in the Equipment chapter with the weapons?

Cause it's in the magic section with all the other weapon and armor abilities?

Yaitanos
2015-08-15, 10:53 AM
But seriously, if you make the weapon vile, what does that do to the bleed damage?

Twurps
2015-08-15, 10:57 AM
The 'Vile' damage is added when the weapon does damage. Which is only when you hit your opponent.

Arterial strike leaves a bleeding wound, and it's the wound (not the weapon) that causes the additional damage. Therefore: no vile damage is added to the bleeding.

just my 2cp.

Yaitanos
2015-08-15, 11:02 AM
The 'Vile' damage is added when the weapon does damage. Which is only when you hit your opponent.

Arterial strike leaves a bleeding wound, and it's the wound (not the weapon) that causes the additional damage. Therefore: no vile damage is added to the bleeding.

just my 2cp.
So how would you make bleed damage vile?

ExLibrisMortis
2015-08-15, 11:15 AM
You can use vile lance (the same spell used to enchant weapons as vile), a third-level cleric/sorcerer/wizard spell, which creates a +2 shortspear that deals all vile damage. However, that wouldn't affect the bleed damage. Arterial Strike doesn't mention what damage type the bleed is, so it's probably typeless, not of the same type as your weapon. In any case, cursed blade is powerful enough, making the damage vile as well isn't all that neccessary.

You can also obtain all three of the regalia of evil, that will turn all your weapon damage into vile damage. I think it'd still not affect the bleed, though.

Yaitanos
2015-08-15, 04:05 PM
You can use vile lance (the same spell used to enchant weapons as vile), a third-level cleric/sorcerer/wizard spell, which creates a +2 shortspear that deals all vile damage. However, that wouldn't affect the bleed damage. Arterial Strike doesn't mention what damage type the bleed is, so it's probably typeless, not of the same type as your weapon. In any case, cursed blade is powerful enough, making the damage vile as well isn't all that neccessary.

You can also obtain all three of the regalia of evil, that will turn all your weapon damage into vile damage. I think it'd still not affect the bleed, though.

Yeah, but I can get a vile weapon faster than I can get access to cursed blade.