PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Night of the Werewolves

Blackhawk748
2015-08-15, 01:06 PM
Recently i have, for the first time, heard the song Night of the Werewolves (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if71PKmo2j8), and now i wanna make a quest line based around it, which i will most likely use for my annual Halloween game.

Current plan:
The game will be E6
The players will use pre genned lvl 6 characters (id like help with this)
These will not be bog standard Werewolves
RHD will not count towards the E6 limit
There will be Firearms (flintlock weapons specifically)

So the quest outline goes like this: The PCs are renowned monster hunters in this Gothic Dark Fantasy World (think less dark Ravenloft) who are venturing to this backwoods village because strange sounds and creatures have been reported.

Que Werewolves.
Que some sort of mystery (I love Werewolves for this)
Que Werewolves again
Que PCs solving mystery and hunting down the Alpha
????
Profit!

Things im gonna change about Werewolves. Instead of it being a magical disease that turns you into a wolf (and apparently into a homicidal maniac) it is actually a magical curse that originates from a Fiend (most likely a demon) and passes like a disease. So werewolves will actually be an unholy creature and it will be closer to daemonic possession than a curse. IE the person who changes is no longer that person when they shift.

New Werewolf Traits:
Must make a Will save to approach consecrated ground or a person displaying a Holy Symbol (see the vampire entry in the MM)
Their DR is now DR 10/ Silver or Good
They have Fast Healing 5 (thinking of making this Regen 5 Fire, Silver or Good)
They have Pounce
They gain a +2 Str and Con on the nights of the Full Moon (this world has 3, so if all 3 are full thats a +6)
They have Vulnerability Fire and Holy (so Flame Strike would wreck them)

So thats it, im not great at crafting mysteries, even though i have watched many Werewolf movies, so im gonna need some help. Also ideas for characters are appreciated. I have a few already (gotta have that Ranger :smallwink:) but i could always use more.

Oh era wise think late 1600s and youll have the general idea. Thanks in advance

NevinPL
2015-08-15, 02:17 PM
Since it's the music that inspired you, maybe this will help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrmsJhf89MY

As for the mystery, it could be nice if the detective looking for the perpetrator, was unknowingly, and unwillingly the perpetrator, and since: "...person who changes is no longer that person when they shift." it fits nicely.

Blackhawk748
2015-08-15, 03:13 PM
Since it's the music that inspired you, maybe this will help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrmsJhf89MY

As for the mystery, it could be nice if the detective looking for the perpetrator, was unknowingly, and unwillingly the perpetrator, and since: "...person who changes is no longer that person when they shift." it fits nicely.

Very good, ill have to work that in.

Also im thinking of having those who figure out that they are Werewolves and accept it be more powerful. So if our cursed and you dont realize it you would use the stats for an Afflicted Werewolf, whereas those who realize this and accept it would use Natural Werewolf. Im also thinking of making afflicted Werewolves Int 2, so they just act like really big wolves. This would make the Natural ones all the more threatening.

Blackhawk748
2015-08-17, 07:06 PM
Ok heres a few builds for our intrepid Hunters (more always appreciated)

Human Undead Slayer* Ranger 6
1:Power Attack, Favored Power Attack
2: TWF
3:Travel Devotion, Smite Undead (trades Endurance for this, works like the Pally one)
4: Trades Animal Companion for Turn Undead as Pally
6: ITWF, Extra Turn Undead (taking recommendations here)

FE are Undead and Monstrous Humanoid (im gonna change Werewolves to this)

*Undead Slayer is an ACF i made, you Trade out Endurance and your Animal Companion and get Smite Undead and Turn Undead and your first FE must be Undead, oh and you add a few spells to your list.

Half Orc Cursebreaker Paladin
Half orc pally Sub1: Mounted Combat
Half Orc Pally Sub3: Ride By Attack
6: Mounted Combat

Mount will be a Dire Wolf

Elf Wiz 4/ Dread Witch 2
1: SF: Necromancy
3: Spell Mastery (fear, scare, ray of enfeeblement, blur)
6: GSF: Necromancy

I feel like im coping out on this one, as i dont build wizards im not overy familiar with their options. And no he will not be a Grey Elf. :smalltongue:

Alistaroc
2015-08-17, 07:19 PM
I recently gave my players a town suffering from vampire attacks, which led to a lengthy questline that ended with them realizing they had been used as pawns by the vampires of the village to dispose of an unpleasant ruler and bring a troupe of knights in for dinner.

You could do something similar, where the town is a bunch of werewolves hiding a secret, or trying to bring in adventurers for a good meal.