PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Monk/Sacred fist help

Alasdair89
2015-08-15, 05:24 PM
So I'm running a Pathfinder game, and the characters just hit level 8. One character is a Wapriest/Sacred fist 7 and monk 1 that uses pummeling charge and Dragon stance.

The question I have is how the attacking stacks up between monk and sacred fist for flurry of blows, and how many attacks the character gets.

It seems to me, that he would have a +4/+4/-1/-1 on a full flurry. He gets +1 in flurry from his one monk level, and +5 base attack from the 7 levels of sacred fist warpriest, giving him a +6/+1, which would give you +6/+6/+1/+1 when flurrying and then you add the -2 on all the attacks to +4/+4/-1/-1. Is that correct? Or am I adding things wrong here? Part of my difficulty is understaning this poorly written part of the sacred fist rules text

At 1st level, a sacred fist can make a flurry of blows attack as a full-attack action. This ability works like the monk ability of the same name, except the sacred fist's attack bonus from warpriest levels does not count as his warpriest level.

This ability replaces sacred weapon.

Not quite sure what the bolded part is trying to say. Does that mean you don't count the levels form sacred priest at full BAB like you do for a monk?

Captain Morgan
2015-08-16, 01:15 AM
Yeah, they just errata'ed the Sacred Fist to not get the Full BAB while flurrying. Also, your guy is probably using Master of Many Styles, so his monk level doesn't actually grant flurry or full BAB.

This is a very recent development though, and it's entirely possible your player built the character before this happened. It is a major nerf to the Sacred Fist, and you should let him rebuild if you are going to enforce it. Hell, depending on your build, the base Warpriest can outperform the SF unarmed.

Psyren
2015-08-16, 08:11 AM
It means that a Sacred Fist does not get boosted to full BAB while flurrying, so it's basically just like normal TWF on a 3/4 BAB class now (like the rogue.) This means fewer attacks and less chance to hit.

Unlike a rogue though, you can self-buff as a swift action, so while I personally feel the nerf was unnecessary you shouldn't have any significant problems.