PDA

View Full Version : DM Help My 3.PF game just went mythic; my casters are asking about mythic 3.5 spells. Help?

AnonymousPepper
2015-08-15, 06:11 PM
I'm definitely open to the idea, but I've got next to no idea how I'd balance them, and frankly I'm not a good enough brewer by any stretch to come up with mythic versions on my own.

This was prompted by the group's Wizard/Arcane Savant asking about Mythic Revivify - didn't offer any suggestions, though.

The game in question is full 3.PF, all material allowed; PF spells (and other such things) replace 3e where there's overlap, as the more recent material, as per usual for 3.PF.

So, given the goal of making mythic versions of 3e spells, what are some specific adaptations you might suggest?

Incidentally, not sure if this belongs more here or on the 'brew forums, so if the mods feel like it belongs over there more... yeah.

Kol Korran
2015-08-24, 10:00 AM
Hi. I've been running a mythic game (Currently level 13, tier 5) and so I have some thoughts:
- There is no formula or way to just transform regular spells into mythic spells. The PF mythic spells are all made on a case by case basis. Some of them are superb, the other suck. It takes some amount of system knowledge and understanding to decide which is which.
- The PF spells are more than sufficient. My advice? Play only with PF mythic spells. There are enough of them. Or have the player research a mythic version of a 3.5 spell, but then sit with him/her on that spell specifically, not all of the 3.5 spells in existence... That's... just too much to handle.
- If your party plays anywhere close to how my party plays (and some other groups I've researched as well), Mythic spells will come not that often. Most mythic points are reserved to cast "that perfectly suitable spell" with Wild Arcana or Inspired Spell. I warn you- this is quite a challenge to keep up with!

Good luck to you!