PDA

View Full Version : Feather Token - Fey Cherry Tree?

kalos72
2015-08-15, 07:10 PM
So my guys want some of these amazing trees in the new Neverwinter...but dont have 500 years or whatever for it to grow.

Plant growth is suspect for this scenario...even the "enrichment" idea I think.

The Feather Token items seem...too easy.

Moderate conjuration; CL 12th; Craft Wondrous Item, major creation; Price 1000gp(fey cherry tree) 400gp(oak).

Any reason that wouldn't work?

Renen
2015-08-15, 07:40 PM
No reason. Be happy they dont just have someone make them a fast time demiplane and just grow infinity trees there.

Bronk
2015-08-15, 08:20 PM
If you're the DM, the sky's the limit. I do think you're undervaluing the fey cherry tree though, since just a wee sapling goes for 3000g, let alone a full grown 500 foot tall tree with a 50 foot wide trunk, plus all those magical cherries. For comparison, a regular tree token just calls up a regular, non-magical 60 foot tall oak with a 5 foot diameter trunk.

As a player, depending on what level they are, they could 'plane shift' to an infinite forested plane like the Beastlands or Arborea, cast 'find the path', then teleport on over, as many times as they have patience for.

kalos72
2015-08-15, 09:19 PM
Under valueing can be corrected...based on size compared to the oak maybe?

10 times the size, 10 times the price?

The group wants them to be "grown" in the city so that elves will feel at home not to mention the image it portrays about the city.

Mehangel
2015-08-15, 09:36 PM
I would probably say that having it cost 4000gp (10x the price) might be a little low. A sapling cherry costs 3000gp. But I would say that it would be a decent start. If you do have it cost 4000gp, I would definitely say that the created tree wouldn't naturally create cherries for 10 years. This would help prevent some abuse.

kalos72
2015-08-15, 09:47 PM
I would definitely say that the created tree wouldn't naturally create cherries for 10 years. This would help prevent some abuse.

Nice! It ain't the cherries I want anyways! :)