PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Adanhu, The Last of the Tree Lords

Stormthroe
2015-08-15, 07:48 PM
Hey all! For an upcoming campaign, I designed a Legendary Treant to serve as either a powerful ally, or devastating enemy depending on how my players interact with the forest kin. The story is, the ancient forest in which he dwells is at risk of invasion by a demon lord, but as of yet the forest spirits and the enigmatic elves who live there have yet to rise to action due to some internal shadyness.

To build him, I took some existing abilities, and also warped a few of my own in there to build him up to something unique; in the event he is an ally, Adanhu will fight alongside the adventurers in my game in the final battle, likely going toe to toe with a powerful demon on their behalf in the end, or, ending their miserable existences because the rogue decides to be a richard.

So, without further ado, I give you Adanhu, the Last of the Tree Lords.

Adanhu, Last of the Tree Lords
Gargantuan plant, Chaotic Good

Armor Class: 21 (natural armor)
Hit Points: 550
Speed: 30 feet

STR: 30 (+10)
DEX: 8 (-1)
CON: 21 (+9)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 20 (+5)
CHA: 20 (+5)

Resitances: Mundane Weapons, Bludgeoning, Piercing
Vulnerabilities: Fire
Senses: Passive Perception 14
Languages: Druidic, Elvish, Silvan
Challenge: 24 (37,000 XP)

Traits
False Appearance: While Adanhu remains motionless, he is indistinguishable from a giant tree.
Siege Monster: Adanhu deals double damage to objects and structures.

Actions
Multiattack: Adanhu can use his Frightful Presence. He may then make two slam attacks.. Additionally, if Adanhu hits with both slam attacks, he may use his Sweeping Boughs ability as a bonus action.
Frightful Presence: Each creature of Adanhu’s choice within 120 feet and aware of him must make a DC 25 wisdom saving throw or be frightened for one minute. A creature who is frightened can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect if it succeeds. A creature that succeeds on a saving throw against Adanhu’s Frightful Presence or its effect is immune to it for the next 24 hours.
Slam: Melee Weapon Attack, +17 to hit, reach 10 feet, one target.
Hit: 21 (2d10+10) Bludgeoning Damage
Rock: Ranged Weapon Attack, +10 to hit, range 60/240 feet, one target.
Hit: 30 (4d10+8) Bludgeoning Damage
Sweeping Boughs: On a turn that Adanhu has hit with both of his Slam attacks, he may activate Sweeping Boughs as a bonus action. Resolve an additional Slam attack against all creatures within 10 feet of Adanhu, and within 20 feet of the targets of his Slam Attacks.
Swarm of Spites: (1/day) Treants as ancient as Adanhu are often part of a symbiotic relationship with lesser Fey spirits that can swarm out in defense of their host. Instead of making an attack, Adanhu can command the spites in his body to swarm out and attack his enemies. All creatures that are not friendly with Adanhu and are within 20 feet of him are attacked for 1d4 Force Damage as the spites bite and sting in their massive numbers. Because of this distraction, all creatures affected by Swarm of Spites also have disadvantage on all rolls to cast spells, make an attack, concentration, or ability checks due to the annoying, tiny spirits. This effect last for three turns, or until a creature flees from within 25 feet of Adanhu since the spites are too cowardly to go far from their master.
Animate Trees: (2/day) Adanhu magically animates up to two trees he can see within 60 feet of him. They both have the characteristics of a Treant, but their intelligence and charisma scores are 1, cannot speak, and have only the Slam action. The animate trees animate for one day, or until they or Adanhu die. The animated trees die if Adanhu is more than 200 feet from them. The trees will also become inanimate if Adanhu uses a bonus action to return them to normal trees, at which point they will take root if possible.

Thoughts? Comments? Criticism? Where can I improve, or where do I need to edit?

JNAProductions
2015-08-15, 09:47 PM
20 in a stat is +5, not +4.

Stormthroe
2015-08-16, 12:23 AM
Noted! That's why the second set of eyes work best :p